Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome...I will never get to do it. My body is glue factory material.
I’m 45 and finally made the commitment to do some of these things before my body gets to that point. I’m finally realizing for the first time in my life that my mad hops from my 20s aren’t happening again, and I can’t naturally stay in shape like I used to. So now I’ve found it best to stay in shape by combining it with nature and sight seeing which I love. I hate working out and I hate traffic so it’s a best of both worlds thing. A 3 night backpacking trip in Glacier is #1 on my bucket list. I may work up to that in the next few years around the time my son is in High School.

So when a player transfers for the 2nd time...

Do they go through the old rules of distance, medical hardhip, etc for a possible waiver?

Or is it a guaranteed year they have to sit out?

If coaches can hop season after season, with unlimited possible moves, why not players too? Curious what the argument is there. Why not unlimited transfers?

I’m 45 and finally made the commitment to do some of these things before my body gets to that point. I’m finally realizing for the first time in my life that my mad hops from my 20s aren’t happening again, and I can’t naturally stay in shape like I used to. So now I’ve found it best to stay in shape by combining it with nature and sight seeing which I love. I hate working out and I hate traffic so it’s a best of both worlds thing. A 3 night backpacking trip in Glacier is #1 on my bucket list. I may work up to that in the next few years around the time my son is in High School.
I've got six herniated discs, stenosis and spurring in my spine..and both shoulders and knees are useless..and now my hips are shot from overcompensating for my knees and back..

I'm a wreck and have been for twenty+ years.

My advice...do it while you still can.

So when a player transfers for the 2nd time...

Do they go through the old rules of distance, medical hardhip, etc for a possible waiver?

Or is it a guaranteed year they have to sit out?

If coaches can hop season after season, with unlimited possible moves, why not players too? Curious what the argument is there. Why not unlimited transfers?
I hate the stupid coach-player equivalency argument..

Reactions: butchna
I've got six herniated discs, stenosis and spurring in my spine..and both shoulders and knees are useless..and now my hips are shot from overcompensating for my knees and back..

You’re still a bad ass to me bro! I’ve heard you go over your pain before and my prayers for comfort are with you. I’ve been feeling my age for the first time ever and I hate it. Need to lose about 20 lbs (down 5) and a couple inches off the waist. Used to run back in the day, but that seems ages ago now.

You’re still a bad ass to me bro! I’ve heard you go over your pain before and my prayers for comfort are with you. I’ve been feeling my age for the first time ever and I hate it. Need to lose about 20 lbs (down 5) and a couple inches off the waist. Used to run back in the day, but that seems ages ago now.
Appreciate it...don't put off the amazing to fill your life with the mundane, or in my case when I was younger, stupid useless crap...do what my mom told me just before she died...LIVE!

You could be my.....never mind but with that being said I heard a long time ago "Any time that you wake up in the morning and look down at the dirt instead of looking up at it.....it's a good day." Wishing and hoping nothing but the very best for you my friend.......and yes I consider you and all the VolNation my friends.......but I'm simple .....maybe more people should try it.

Everybody does realize it is impossible to compare players or drivers from different eras due to size, speed, rules, equipment, transportation to and from games, condition of field or course, physical condition of those that played and expectations of those players at the time in which they played. I mean come on people....really but with that being said.......

Basketball - Dr. J
Baseball- Shoeless Joe Jackson
Football- Barry Sanders
Golf- Bobby Jones
NASCAR- Cale Yarborough
Tennis- John McEnroe
Bowling- Earl Weber
Wrestling- Andrea The Giant
Ping Pong- Ma Long
Guitar Player - Jimmy Page
Magician- David Blaine
Fan Base- THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS

I think that about covers it........feel free to disagree but I'm right......carry on.
You get a like for Shoeless Joe.

We are so far behind. We don't even know if we are going to beat Pitt this year. That's where we are. We're hoping we can beat SC, Mizzou, and KY. We aren't even thinking about the big 3. Though we have hope, we don't know if Heup can dig us out of this hole. We hope he can, but we don't know that he can. Recruiting is terrible. That isn't Heup's fault. It's a miracle that he has the QB in this class that he has with everything going on and recruits being told we're getting the death penalty. But even if we didn't have this stuff going on, yes, we would recruit top 15 easily, but GA and Alabama will have more 5 stars in one recruiting class than we'll have in 4 combined.

TN will be back one day because it is impossible to kill a program with this much tradition and financial commitment, but it's a long, long road. And it's already been 15 years.

I don’t know if we get “back” this decade or next, but I agree we have another good run left in us as a program.

If Clemson can do it, so can we.

You could be my.....never mind but with that being said I heard a long time ago "Any time that you wake up in the morning and look down at the dirt instead of looking up at it.....it's a good day." Wishing and hoping nothing but the very best for you my friend.......and yes I consider you and all the VolNation my friends.......but I'm simple .....maybe more people should try it.
Hit the skittles too much today, huh.

Reactions: thistime
@TrippieRedd I've been out of the loop this year. Any good anime this year?
Go watch Demon Slayer right now. (Season 2 coming)

If you haven’t seen Fate/Stay: Unlimited Blade Works then you need to. In my opinion, it has the best fights, ugh it’s beautiful.

Also, Misfit of Demon King Academy is pretty good.

Out right now with the lady so I’ll post more soon.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back