Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Tetons are my favorite place on earth...and as much as I do love the Blue Ridge/Smoky Mountains, I totally 100% disagree..my heart belongs to the great western vistas...nothing holds a candle to them to me.
I lived in Jackson WY for a year. Gorgeous place if you could get rid of the unstoppable waves of tourists. I'll take my Appalachians and Cumberlands thank you very much.

@Devo182 this is the one that blows my mind..this pic is from Dantes view in the Black mountains looking down on Badwater Basin at 282 feet below sea level, while the highest peak you see to the west in this pic is Telescope Peak at 11,043 feet..😳
View attachment 371750
Wtf... man I need to get out there again.

How about Moab? That is one place my wife is really interested in visiting. Have you been there?

The Tetons are my favorite place on earth...and as much as I do love the Blue Ridge/Smoky Mountains, I totally 100% disagree..my heart belongs to the great western vistas...nothing holds a candle to them to me.
Do you just travel a lot for work or fun? I’d love to see half the places you’ve posted pics of the past 6 mos!! Cheers on whatever you do to get the time to go to these places!!

Everybody does realize it is impossible to compare players or drivers from different eras due to size, speed, rules, equipment, transportation to and from games, condition of field or course, physical condition of those that played and expectations of those players at the time in which they played. I mean come on people....really but with that being said.......

Basketball - Dr. J
Baseball- Shoeless Joe Jackson
Football- Barry Sanders
Golf- Bobby Jones
NASCAR- Cale Yarborough
Tennis- John McEnroe
Bowling- Earl Weber
Wrestling- Andrea The Giant
Ping Pong- Ma Long
Guitar Player - Jimmy Page
Magician- David Blaine
Fan Base- THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS

I think that about covers it........feel free to disagree but I'm right......carry on.
Impressive...even have a favorite bowler.

Reminds me of this girl at work...we were all talking sports and we asked her who her favorite athlete was. She said she didn't watch sports, but loved watching some bowler with her dad named Parker Bohn (pronounced "Bone"). She only liked him because his slogan was, "It's Bone time!".

She said it with a totally straight face and wasn't joking...meanwhile the whole office like

tenor (1) (22).gif

Reactions: volsfan_17
Curious what people think of our NiL plan. While from an educational standpoint, it is stupendous...I do have some concerns from a football fan perspective.

One concern is..."hey come to UT and take classes to learn how to build your brand, etc"

Vs

"Come to Alabama and we have people that will manage your brand while you focus on football"

I also wonder how deep/obsessed guys will get with focusing on their brand, social media, etc. rather than playing ball and focusing on core classes.

I just wonder if having a management group to handle and maximize their NiL affairs wouldn't be better...while sprinkling in these optional classes geared towards similar topics. Just not sure this program as our main selling point is all that. Do top recruits want MORE classroom burdens? I'm a bit skeptical.
I think it’s awesome for non revenue sports and 3 stars in football.

What I heard was UT saying, ‘We have a nice minor for you that might help you get a job when you graduate, you know, like for another school’s NIL department. Alabama might hire you to make sure their next recruiting class cashes in on their way to the NFL.’

Do you just travel a lot for work or fun? I’d love to see half the places you’ve posted pics of the past 6 mos!! Cheers on whatever you do to get the time to go to these places!!
No..I just plan a couple of trips every year..we sacrifice material things to do it. We are trying to see all the main National Parks (the big 62 parks minus the Hawaii and Alaska parks because I am poor and will never be able to afford the expense unless our kids take us) before I croak...plus we like to take Saturdays and ramble around places within 3-4 hour drives of where we live.

I lived in Jackson WY for a year. Gorgeous place if you could get rid of the unstoppable waves of tourists. I'll take my Appalachians and Cumberlands thank you very much.
Don't care about the people..just the place...but I get it. I just love the beautiful, majestic and spectacularly rugged Rockies more than the soft fuzzy beautiful Appalachians.

Kirby has lost to Derek Mason, Butch Jones, Paul Johnson, Ed O twice, Jim McElwain, and Will Muschamp. Oof
Swain was talking yesterday about how Kirby is a little overrated because of the talent he accumulates and hasn't won a championship. Believes GA fans are going to get a little tired of him.
I'd still like to have his record though.

I read the other day it is only 80 miles from Mt Whitney. The highest and lowest point in the contiguous US just 80 miles apart...blows my mind. As much as I love the geography in this area, the West is just on another scale.
Been both places. Agree.

Wtf... man I need to get out there again.

How about Moab? That is one place my wife is really interested in visiting. Have you been there?
Also don't get hung up on one place..the whole west is filled with jaw dropping wonders..
Here is one of Mesa Arch in Canyonlands NP just 30-40 miles from Moab..
20200728_191300.jpg

@nicksjuzunk 's Doctor: "I'd really like to get together for some.... physique coaching. I'm very impressed with your....uhh...physique. Do you have a business card or something?"

@nicksjuzunk :
giphy.gif
She’s treated my wife too, so baby be like

1622759788593.gif

Everybody does realize it is impossible to compare players or drivers from different eras due to size, speed, rules, equipment, transportation to and from games, condition of field or course, physical condition of those that played and expectations of those players at the time in which they played. I mean come on people....really but with that being said.......

Basketball - Dr. J
Baseball- Shoeless Joe Jackson
Football- Barry Sanders
Golf- Bobby Jones
NASCAR- Cale Yarborough
Tennis- John McEnroe
Bowling- Earl Weber
Wrestling- Andrea The Giant
Ping Pong- Ma Long
Guitar Player - Jimmy Page
Magician- David Blaine
Fan Base- THE UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS

I think that about covers it........feel free to disagree but I'm right......carry on.
Good list. Wrestling would be Cael Sanderson. Rasslin' would be Dusty Rhodes. Guitar Player I'll take Duane Allman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back