Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was playing with the class calculator, but im going to dream for a second.
We drop: Roc, Mosely, Smith
We add: Lewis, Malone, Arnold, Langston( I know those last 2 are pipe dreams)
The class finished at 269.5. That would put us around 7 and ahead of UF. Would be a dream scenario and still leaves at least 3 spots for Grad Transfer help.

Got something out of the OL which none of the other OC’s could manage...and the best out Dobbs fwiw.
DeBord "got something out of the OL" because Dobbs was a great scrambler. Those O-lines Dobbs had were awful. You can thank injuries, bad evaluations, and Butch's MAC blocking schemes.

If it wasn't for Josh Dobbs, Butch likely would have been fired here during or after the 2015 season. I still don't think most people understand how many flaws that guy covered up, and he wasn't even an elite talent.

I'm really not trying to be negative in here. I just want to win big again. Can Pruitt get us there? I have doubts based off what we've seen but my doubts don't matter much in the long run. Coaches have turned it around before.

I think there's an obvious opportunity to upgrade at head coach to take the program to the next level and would love to see us take it. I feel like thats kinda positive thinking if anything cause I believe we'll do it for some reason.

Overrated hack everywhere he’s been. He was a heady, plucky QB who should’ve played over Chris Simms at Texas. The football world’s been trying to make up for it in spades ever since.
He'll be fine as the OC at Arkansas St. If you want to argue that Applewhite was in over his head as OC at Texas or HC at Houston, you're probably right. Although Houston, which was just OK while he was there, has fallen apart since he was fired.

Someone mentioned our RB room being slammed full.. if this guy is a legit 4.28 guy, I wouldn't mind seeing him in a Tyreek Hill type roll.. Take the top off the defense every single play..

Could also be moved to DB...not sure if he played both ways in school or not.

WR room is also looking packed. I'm curious about this Nixon kid he's listed at 6'3" 230 and he reads like a JJ type player.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I was playing with the class calculator, but im going to dream for a second.
We drop: Roc, Mosely, Smith
We add: Lewis, Malone, Arnold, Langston( I know those last 2 are pipe dreams)
The class finished at 269.5. That would put us around 7 and ahead of UF. Would be a dream scenario and still leaves at least 3 spots for Grad Transfer help.
How do you know UF is full? Not all of their guys signed, just like not all of ours signed. Maybe they cut some of those guys to sign Arnold and Langston?

Guys and Gals I think this class has actually turned out well so far and we are still in the hunt for some top talent. Given the season we have had attrition could have been much worse. What we wanted? No; would have liked to keep McGhee and signed Lewis? Absolutely. Still have a chance at Lewis so time will tell. Still have some bright spots.

C'mon man. JG, Maurer, or Shrout have not developed one iota in 3 years. Too soon to tell with HB. Neither Taylor or Thompson are good SEC corners. These guys should both be 2nd or 3rd team all-SEC kind of players. Perhaps Taylor should have stuck to QB, because he hasn't developed into a great corner despite his head coach being a DB "guru." Crouch has no idea what he's doing at LB and stinks in pass coverage. Same with Banks, plus he's a hothead. Henry T is good but hasn't improved at all from last season and isn't good in pass coverage either.

Outside of Darrell Taylor and (kind of) Nigel Warrior, I'm not really sure how many of these guys have gotten developed.
This👆👆👆 Its confusing to me how anyone could see it any other way.

I'm really not trying to be negative in here. I just want to win big again. Can Pruitt get us there? I have doubts based off what we've seen but my doubts don't matter much in the long run. Coaches have turned it around before.

I think there's an obvious opportunity to upgrade at head coach to take the program to the next level and would love to see us take it. I feel like thats kinda positive thinking if anything cause I believe we'll do it for some reason.
Pruitt has shown every "coordinator, not a head coach" hallmark in the book. If he gets it turned around here, I'll be absolutely shocked at this point. I actually had hopes for him when he took this job, higher than the ones I had for Dooley or Butch. But so far he's actually showing to be a worse coach than Butch and not all that much better than Dooley.

How do you know UF is full? Not all of their guys signed, just like not all of ours signed. Maybe they cut some of those guys to sign Arnold and Langston?
I don't, I said it was a dream scenario. But looking at the numbers UF has 26 committed. They have already taken 3 NLI's for DE 2 SDE and 1 WDE. They also have already taken the NLI of 2 safeties and have a third committed. We also know Mullen has a history of playing the transfer portal, and they already have one committed this year. Now, LSU worries me more with Langston as they only have on DE committed. However they already have 18 signed. and 3 more hard commits. I also think there is a good chance they may end up with Foreman as well. Its all speculation, but its two talented players one of which flirted with us in the past, that would be nice to get in the class.

He'll be fine as the OC at Arkansas St. If you want to argue that Applewhite was in over his head as OC at Texas or HC at Houston, you're probably right. Although Houston, which was just OK while he was there, has fallen apart since he was fired.
Fell apart when he took over. He got credit for their offensive success but Herman called the plays. Another unjustified promotion and Major got exposed.

And I don’t think he landed the OC spot at Texas. Without double checking Wiki. He was on the fast track, but got caught up in an affair with a co-ed first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back