Recruiting Forum Football Talk IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
me too.

And from what i heard it is an ankle issue.

So it could linger and be one of those high ankle sprains or he could be totally fine.
If it's a high ankle sprain, he's probably toast this year. Those injuries seem to hang around forever and he has to be able to move around a bunch.

Last edited:
Actually, I was only incorrect about the names. I looked it up and found documented articles about him doing it at least three different years:
Johnson & Brendise in '97
Johnson & Grossman in '98 (this is what I was trying to reference)
Garcia & Smelley in '06
Paste those links where it happened all season long.

One more of Norm before I let him RIP:

One of my favorites below.

Only Norm would make up a world where no one knows what logic is, you can ask someone to come over and "have a chicken with you" and the guy at the bus stop, who is apparently a total stranger, asks you "what's new with you?". The joke is so absurdly strung out...the punchline is seen from a mile away...and it still works so perfectly. Only Norm and a few others could pull it off like that.

Special comedian...RIP

Thanks for the response. I just don't think he's got anything to lose in year 1 with the limitations at QB. I think our fanbase is beginning to understand that. I wish to goodness the hype had not been created about Milton during fall camp. Did a disservice to the kid, the team and the coaching staff by pumping expectations up unrealistically.
People create their own hype and opinions based off very little information…. The team doesn’t need to listen too nor care what the fans think.

We are a bottom tier team. What are you expecting. 20-30

If we continue to improve and show the same fight every game we gave this past weekend, not rolling over like teams in the past, I don't think there's any reason we can't finish around 30th or maybe better... Next year's class will be KEY.

The only thing that worries me about this class coming in, is we need more DL... has anyone looked at how many we are losing this season!? DAYUM. Need the Nolen's ...

Reactions: VolNash17
We have to build a solid foundation, and you can do that with top 25 recruiting still.

I know, I know, "Top 25 in the nation is still bottom 4 in the conference!!!" Yes, everyone knows that.

Even still, recruiting steadily/consistently, especially on both lines, over the course of 3-5 years can help you get to where you want to be. Then when the other powers slip you have a chance to rise, or you can take that shot at top 5 classes, however you need to get them.

We can't just recruit top 5 classes to recruit top 5 classes and think we're going to win just because we did that.

Do you not get the SECN? It can be streamed on SECN+ if you get the channel.
This. ESPN+ is not needed, unless something has changed.

That said, if you wouldn't pay $7 to watch a UT game live...could never be me. That's like half a beer at Neyland and you'd get 30 for 30s and Peyton's places for an entire month too. Do like Shia Lebouf says.

So it's my understand if you have a streaming service (YouTube TV) you’ll be able to watch it via the ESPN App.. Correct?
That is correct. You do not need to buy ESPN+ if you have a subscription service that gives you the SEC Network. You'll just have to login to that service through the ESPN app.

We have to build a solid foundation, and you can do that with top 25 recruiting still.

I know, I know, "Top 25 in the nation is still bottom 4 in the conference!!!" Yes, everyone knows that.

Even still, recruiting steadily/consistently, especially on both lines, over the course of 3-5 years can help you get to where you want to be. Then when the other powers slip you have a chance to rise, or you can take that shot at top 5 classes, however you need to get them.

We can't just recruit top 5 classes to recruit top 5 classes and think we're going to win just because we did that.
You’re not gonna be sniffing anything with classes routinely in the 25-30 range in the SEC.

Reactions: VolNash17
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back