Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like how our schedule sets up for the Early Nico years too. In fact, among this year and 2024, we at least avoid the classic UT duo of "p5 ooc opponent having their best season in a generation + West opponent having their best season ever"...such as last year.

This may be our toughest of the next 3 seasons though. Pitt is top 20 and LSU...idc how down they may appear, everyone knows they have top-10 talent across the board (on paper)....they averaged 5th the last 3 years...the raw talent is there. But I still like our odds there because of Heupel...he does more with less.

Next season...oh lord. We get UVA as our "big ooc" opponent 😂😅 not exactly the returning ACC champions...and then we have TAMU. Meh. They'll disappoint like always.

2024 we get Oklahoma (lord only knows what they'll look like by then, but I'm guessing nowhere near their Stoops or Riley days). And then Miss St...YES SIR. Imo this could be the huuuge breakout year for us. Nico a SO...on the heels of b2b elite defensive classes.

But it all starts this year. Exceed expectations for once and this rocket is long gone...
We have to exceed this year. 7-5 or 8-4 with wins over no one of significance does nothing for us

Give us a 1 word reaction to the following Ball St outcomes next next Thursday:

TN 52
Ball St 45

giphy.gif

TN 57
Ball St 34

giphy-downsized-large.gif

TN 63
Ball St 21

giphy.gif

TN 70
Ball St 6

giphy.gif
☝️

I'm honestly just surprised Merrill is our "next man up" at Bru's position. Kid has been killing it to get himself in position for WHEN he gets called up. Which may be sooner than later. Good for the young'en.
Yeah he’s going to be interesting to watch. But damn if we have Squirrel, Bru (who I admittedly said would not be a factor earlier this year), Tillman, and Hyatt… that’s not bad

TN is going to surprise folks this year. It’s happening. We re better than everyone we play except Bama and Ga, and we might be better than ga.

People need to look at GA’s depth chart. It is not impressive. Replacing two dudes on the OL with poor coaching. One of their projected starters is Mims who was in the portal. Ratlege is another starter. That’s not scary.

Their DL other than Carter is pedestrian. Are you guys worried about Zion Logue, Bill Norton, or Tyrion Ingrams Dawkins? I’m not. Their LB group have stars from recruiting, but they haven’t done a thing. How good is Smael Mondon? Up till now he hasn’t done anything in college. He’s their starter. They’re good at edge.

Their DB’s are very unproven.

Their starting receivers are two 3 stars that aren’t very good. Certainly not on our level. Their QB is the freaking walk on meaty okra Bennett. RB’s have stars, but no stats.

People aren’t ready for the step back that defense is about to take. And without that defense, Bennett ain’t taking them anywhere I don’t care if he does have Bowers

This might be our best chance for a while. Fl is down, LSU is down, Ga is in a rebuilding year
I am going online to buy my SEC championship tickets right now!!! Let’s go!

I like how our schedule sets up for the Early Nico years too. In fact, among this year and 2024, we at least avoid the classic UT duo of "p5 ooc opponent having their best season in a generation + West opponent having their best season ever"...such as last year.

This may be our toughest of the next 3 seasons though. Pitt is top 20 and LSU...idc how down they may appear, everyone knows they have top-10 talent across the board (on paper)....they averaged 5th the last 3 years...the raw talent is there. But I still like our odds there because of Heupel...he does more with less.

Next season...oh lord. We get UVA as our "big ooc" opponent 😂😅 not exactly the returning ACC champions...and then we have TAMU. Meh. They'll disappoint like always.

2024 we get Oklahoma (lord only knows what they'll look like by then, but I'm guessing nowhere near their Stoops or Riley days). And then Miss St...YES SIR. Imo this could be the huuuge breakout year for us. Nico a SO...on the heels of b2b elite defensive classes.

But it all starts this year. Exceed expectations for once and this rocket is long gone...
And based on this, I think I should go ahead and plan on buying tickets to the NC game in 2025 in ATL since it will be 45 mins from my house.

Tbf Pruitt was the same way. He was (apparently) out there telling recruits if we couldn't win 9-10 games in 2019, to not even look at us. Then his whole "we'll recruit 25 more that know how to play the right way" Bama halftime comment. He was stupidly aggressive. In fact, he was just plain stupid.

Bama operative confirmed...

But Butch...he was the worst at all that Manufacturing Consent stuff. Tried to make everyone accept his lowered expectations smh
I never thought or agreed with Pruitt throwing his players under the bus publicly, especially after a Gump game. I can’t (probably can) imagine how those players felt seeing that. It just showed his lack of experience, empathy and only looking out for himself. Before @Jack Burton comes by to say ‘I told you so’. I always support a sitting UT Head Coach until they’re not.

I think people often forget that players can get better. He had a terrible game against Purdue and he even acknowledged that in a recent interview.

Emmanuel Moseley got bullied a few times when he first got here. He also showed up at 155lbs. Now he's considered one of the best corners in the NFL.

Really quite impressive what he’s done with his NFL career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back