Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Coaches really have lost their minds going for it these days

I'm watching SMU Navy

Navy has a fourth and nine at midfield and they go for it with 8 minutes left in the first quarter!

They run the option! They completed one pass last week! What analytics thinks that makes sense?

And SMU then scored a TD in three plays.

So, is Tillman out tomorrow? I’m guessing so since there still isn’t any word. But, man, what a crappy string of luck Tillman had. Trying to think of “what if” scenarios of what type of season he would have had if he didn’t miss potentially half of it due to this injury. Really sucks we’ll never know.
Bama can get a taste of Tillman tomorrow or SECCG

I'm watching SMU Navy

Navy has a fourth and nine at midfield and they go for it with 8 minutes left in the first quarter!

They run the option! They completed one pass last week! What analytics thinks that makes sense?

NCAA14 analytics

I'm watching SMU Navy

At times, common sense wins versus analytics.

At times, common sense wins versus analytics.
I mean that may have lost them the game right there. Down 10-0

Arguably LSU lost the game against us last week when they went for it on 4th and 10 to give us a chance at a FG before half.

They're risking entire games over simple first downs.

I'm ready boys. I might grab some four lokos for tomorrow to be amped. Bummed I'm stuck in Florida during this game.
I’m in florida headed to knox early in the morning.. gotta stop in Arden, NC to pick our car up and drop off the rental.. had some brake issues on the way down last weekend and had to leave it while we were on vacation. Came down to the wire (they called after they closed tonight to say they finished it). I’ve been a nervous wreck about it

I don’t know which ones of you know somebody that knows someone, but I desperately need you to get in touch with them! My daughter that hates sports especially football since I ruined her childhood screaming, “Run, baby,run!” on Saturday morning…has just told me she “may” watch the game! Make sure she understands what it means to be a Tennessee Volunteer!!!!!!!

That's a perk that they give every Unofficial and official visit pre game. I don't know how he got credentials to be down there but that isn't VIP. Most of those kids aren't being recruited at all. It is a courtesy that UT extends to in state high school programs. It allows kids that would never have that opportunity to see a little behind the scenes and promotes and creates goodwill in state. You never know where a viable recruit is going to come from. Relationships are everything in recruiting, even in the NIL age. If he had a video of himself with Heupel, then we can all start questioning if we are in bizzaro world.
The high school I taught at several years ago had a very good football program and produced Power 5 players just about every year for awhile. During a recruiting visit, I believe one of rhe players being recruited told the coach I was a big UT fan. So he had me called to the front so he could meet me. I ended up getting free tix and field passes to a UT game. All about making connections.

I am just amazed that people are acting "worried" or worse about this game. We started out the year with what we all considered 6 wins, 4 toss-ups, and 2 loses. We are 2-0 in games we thought we would win, and we are 3-0 on the toss-up games. Let me repeat that, 3-0 on the toss-up games so far.
We are playing with house money this week. Just relax and watch our Vols play and hopefully they surprise us with a win.

exactly!

I’m in florida headed to knox early in the morning.. gotta stop in Arden, NC to pick our car up and drop off the rental.. had some brake issues on the way down last weekend and had to leave it while we were on vacation. Came down to the wire (they called after they closed tonight to say they finished it). I’ve been a nervous wreck about it

Real UT fan would of made the trip without wheel brakes. Hand break road trip

I don’t know which ones of you know somebody that knows someone, but I desperately need you to get in touch with them! My daughter that hates sports especially football since I ruined her childhood screaming, “Run, baby,run!” on Saturday morning…has just told me she “may” watch the game! Make sure she understands what it means to be a Tennessee Volunteer!!!!!!!
I still hear from my son when he played HS football, ‘mom, I always heard your voice over everyone’. I made sure I was parked in the top bleacher so he and everyone could hear me. 😁. Moms rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back