Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to take this a step further... we have no instate competition (Vandy doesn't count). You know who does? Alabama. Alabama literally has nothing we don't have other than Saban and Heup just outcoached him in brutal fashion. Alabama can't compete with our NIL and he knows it. It is why he and every "recruiting coach" complains about paying players (even though they were doing it under the table). The days of being a recruiting head coach are dying and being replaced with guys like Heupel. Tennessee is on a massive up trend. The only thing Bama has is Saban and once he is gone... so are their hopes and dreams.
There is only one program that can and will topple Alabama, and that’s Tennessee based on lots of tradition

You think Alabama was a tougher game than UGA will be?

I think we have the edge against UGA, based on how we've dominated good defenses. Ojulari & Will Anderson were non-existent. I don't think UGA has the offense to keep up with us. They get homfield advantage, but I'm not really sure that bothers our guys at all.

I think they are stacked with elite talent 2-3 deep and will be at least as tough or tougher than Bama...especially at home.

I'm not on Twitter, so all of you that are...let White know we want a black out for Kentucky, with orange shakers. It would be awesome looking, and an amazing environment, along with Dark Mode uni's.

Let him know on the twitter box, he'll listen.

Thank you.
Vol Nation Recruiting Forum official decision.

Some insane stats from Bill Connelly at ESPN:
  • Bama defense:
    • Blitzed on only 7.7% of pass plays
    • Played zone 61.5% of the time
    • Only got UT in 3rd and Long 3 times
  • Tennessee offense:
    • Each pass averaged 15.4 yards in the air
    • 32.3% of passes traveled over 20 air yards
    • 50% of rushes exceeded 5 yards
  • Tennessee defense:
    • Allowed Bama 1.7 yards before contact per rush
    • Blitzed 48.2% of pass plays
    • Got Bama in 3rd and Long 7 times

View attachment 502842
This is my content

That's one of the most amazing stats for the season so far. Never did I imagine that our front 7 could perform at this level against this caliber of competition. If we get any semblance of quality from the secondary in terms of play/performance, we're going to be a really tough nut to break.
Yep

I really think we won Dixieland Delight on Saturday too. I hope they keep playing it down there in honor of our win but that **** is ours now. Prolly my favorite song considering I’m getting a lump in my throat every time I hear it… Best Vol memory in 24ish years so yeah I’ll be keeping it.
You ain't the only one. I've been singing it non-stop in my head. Auburn student friend of mine texted me saying even he can finally enjoy the song.

Sheesh No. 2… “burnt like a March Madness bracket” Lol. That kid got straight abused.
View attachment 502854

I love how he misses the tackle, rolls over, glances at Hyatt running into the distance, and just hangs his head.

That is the physical embodiment of the the bama fans feeling about this game.

Last edited:
I think they are stacked with elite talent 2-3 deep and will be at least as tough or tougher than Bama...especially at home.
I think they may slow our offense down more than Bama, but I don't think their offense is nearly as capable as bama's. I just feel I like they won't be able to stay in the race with us. . .

Also, side note. . . did anyone notice our ToP in the Bama game? 22 minutes, 30 seconds. We rang up 52pts on one of the nation's best defenses while only using about 35% of the clock.

I really think we won Dixieland Delight on Saturday too. I hope they keep playing it down there in honor of our win but that **** is ours now. Prolly my favorite song considering I’m getting a lump in my throat every time I hear it… Best Vol memory in 24ish years so yeah I’ll be keeping it.
I think we took back what is rightfully ours. I heard Hyams on the Sports Source yesterday saying Sterling Hinton was classless for playing it.Hyams is a shmuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back