Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do the conference championship games go away when the 12 team playoff starts?
I don’t know why the have them now.
You can’t win your way into the playoffs with them but you can lose your way out, in some circumstances.
So they are not totally meaningless but not far from it.
They should.

Think they literally stay at 3… they won’t want OSU Michigan in a semi together.
Yeah barring Georgia having a Missouri-like performance and Michigan looking super impressive, top 3 shouldn't change. Osu slides in at 4.

And be way of Utah winning the pac 12, making Florida's victory over them look really great.... It makes our win over Florida the deciding factor in Tennessee jumping Bama in the rankings.
1670101956659.gif

No way TCU stays at 3 after a loss to K-State who has 3 losses. We dropped like 5 spots after a loss to UGA.

Sorry to say but Bama sneaks in at 4 and we get screwed.
If I had to guess the committee’s top 10 after this weekend so far it’d be

1 UGA
2 Michigan
3 Ohio State
4 Alabama
5 TCU
6 Kansas St
7 Tennessee
8 Clemson
9 Utah
10 USC

Reactions: Rishvol
No way TCU stays at 3 after a loss to K-State who has 3 losses. We dropped like 5 spots after a loss to UGA.

Sorry to say but Bama sneaks in at 4 and we get screwed.
We dropped 5 spots because there were still 4 undefeated teams. Fairly level headed approach. TCU isn’t dropping 5 spots behind multiple other 2 loss teams. They lost a close game in a rematch to a team they beat earlier in the year and they lost in OT. Heck, it wouldn’t surprise me to see them stay at 3 honestly.

It should be EVERY Conference Champion and the six highest rated non-championship teams in a 16 team play-off. That way nobody could complain.....as much.

If I had to guess the committee’s top 10 after this weekend so far it’d be

1 UGA
2 Michigan
3 Ohio State
4 Alabama
5 TCU
6 Kansas St
7 Tennessee
8 Clemson
9 Utah
10 USC
Your guess would be wrong. Bama will not jump to four, and K State will not jump us.

It should be EVERY Conference Champion and the six highest rated non-championship teams in a 16 team play-off. That way nobody could complain.....as much.
I said that on the George Plaster Show about 10 years ago, and George said, "That would never work and in ridiculous."

Still the best and fairest option.

Reactions: thistime

Sorry to say but Bama sneaks in at 4 and we get screwed. No one gives a damn about TCU.

Committee wants matchups. It's gonna be Mich UGA OSU Bama in BCS and TCU at 5 and us at 6.
Context. KSU list a championship game in ot to a top ten team. Osu got throttled at home? No title game.

Top three starts the same, OSU replaces USCw and you get osu/UGA, TCU/mich in the semis.

Easy peasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back