Recruiting Forum Football Talk V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who feels like I didn’t learn a thing from watching our game tonight?
We blew out a MAC team being very vanilla. Very refreshing and a far cry from losses to GA st and shoot outs with Troy. It was a good evening.
Now get those boring ass games off our schedule and lets play some real teams.

Jerrod Means with 3 catches for 44. Good for that dude that he’s back in P5.

Overall I believe we’re gonna wreck Pitt. Slovis has slow feet. Get him out of the pocket and he’s useless. And their OL didn’t look good.
Agreed. I also saw him staring receivers down a lot, which tells me we may get a couple INTs since we sit back in zone all the time (ugh).

If I had to say one thing...Jaylen Wright MAY be in for a big time season. He looks WORLDS better.
I actually thought he looked the same. Still hesitated in the backfield. We will know more next week. I thought Sampson looked better honestly. Thought he hit the hole fast with bad intentions.

Anyone notice after Milton's run with 5 minutes left in the third, the ball boy is frantically point to the field and screaming at Milton to get up and run back to the formation?
No, but I noticed Joe turn up the field, drop his shoulder, and initiate contact on his long scramble. That was the most positive thing from him last night. We all know he has a cannon. If he is going to become a real threat (hopefully next year after Hooker wins the Heisman), defenses need to be scared of him keeping the ball and using his 245# frame to punish them.

Walker Merrill pulled a beautiful double move where he was CLEARLY held. I thought that was going to be a beautiful touchdown pass. Maybe next week...
Doubt it. Pitt held a lot last night with no calls. You know our SEC crew will favor them, so they don’t seem biased (although the ACC crew clearly was in our stadium last year).

Did what we should do last night. Kept it simple and everybody played. Know what to work on for the real start of the season this weekend.

Lots of talent and great scheme on O.

It's still the D talent - so scheming well will be the most important thing outside of execution all season. I have no idea why it is a UT curse to continue to play veteran players who cannot get it done like #4, but apparently it is an unwritten Neyland Maxim or something. I get why Heup uses the type D he does. However, this one still does not have the pass rush that he likes for his D's to have. I know BSU went with the quick passing game, which many will use because of our weakness at CB with the busts, which hurts the ability to rush the QB.

Pitt O-line will be holding, actually tackling, our front 7 all game. Key to the game IMO. Can we get off their tackling and/or will the officials call the game according to the book? I doubt it. So that means an over/under of 80 to win. Lots and lots of points.

I actually thought he looked the same. Still hesitated in the backfield. We will know more next week. I thought Sampson looked better honestly. Thought he hit the hole fast with bad intentions.

Wright is definitely bigger. He broke a tackle last night that he wouldn’t have broken last year. Sampson looked good, but I also thought Wright looked better.

No, but I noticed Joe turn up the field, drop his shoulder, and initiate contact on his long scramble. That was the most positive thing from him last night. We all know he has a cannon. If he is going to become a real threat (hopefully next year after Hooker wins the Heisman), defenses need to be scared of him keeping the ball and using his 245# frame to punish them.
Yes I saw that also
It was great
I thought he did really good
Against an inferior opponent but he played good

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back