Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe y'all ate going to let the Vols lose the series to the God awful Georgia team. Heads are going to roll after this one.
While I agree, I still think SEC is mark-edly improved from last year. Tony has #1 class coming in. Also, he can close fhe big fish, something Huepel shows he has had middling success doing.

I think this team is extemely well positioned to make a run to Omaha. If they dont, then, we rabble!

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
Do not understand why Dreiling and Tears are sitting when you need hitting. Thought it was obvious yesterday and is happening again today. Left Beam in way too long without using Burns all weekend. Puzzling couple of games. Still time, but it's going to take a big rally.
It is definitely a fact that we have some very good freshmen that are riding the pine while the team is struggling. UT pays their coaches very well and they're around the players during practice so I'm sure they have a good bead on what they need to do in certain situations. People seem to forget how much talent we lost last year. Replacing that much talent can't be an easy task.

Mahomes seems like such a nice guy. How is his circle so horrible? His wife and brother are train wrecks.

Is there an age limit for skinny jeans? For fellas in their 40's and 50's. There should be. Also should be a weight limit.

There are plenty of clothing lines that dont require your keg to overflow. You can still have Dad bod, and be respected by youth if you lay claim to Old Navy & or Levi Strauss.

Ask your wife 'does this make me look fat?'

Yes, yes it does. /rant
I'll never understand big guys who insist on skinny pants. You look like a popsicle man

It worked perfectly fine for 100 years of baseball…. Do you really think baseball commissioner, Greg Sankey, the NCAA, Roger Goodell handle issues better than the players themselves….. it doesn’t work in other sports but it definitely worked in baseball…. I would much rather trust guys like Ted Williams, Hank Aaron, Orel Hershiser, and on to handle things between the lines.
Lol, how do you conflate me saying "referees" should police the game as me saying commissioners and entities handle "issues" better than players?

Players have, or should have, a say in how rules are written and the sport is conducted. Hence why the NFLPA and other players unions exist.

When it comes to in-game "policing", referees, not players, should "handle things between the lines." Anyone who thinks it's okay and allowable for a pitcher with a bruised ego to throw a fastball 100mph into another person's head or body because they *checks notes* pimped a bat or showboated after a home run to "teach him a lesson" is wrong. Players play a role in policing their own locker room/dugout, not the course of the game. If a dude pimps a bat and the team leaders take issue with it, they address that in the dugout.

I'll never understand big guys who insist on skinny pants. You look like a popsicle man
perhaps the lack id recognition of what mother nature is trying to tell them. The pops & cracks, aches and pains dont mean 'hey, go get botox and some skinny jeans' it means...multivitamins, half zips, and compression socks.

Reactions: jave36
Except officials are fans too, so can they be truly impartial?
I don't think its possible to have true impartiality with humans. But umps/refs become professionals in part by proving themselves as impartial as possible at their jobs. That said, there should be more evaluation of that.

Usually when I see partiality with officials its towards a specific player or coach due to past conflict, not a team.

Last edited:
Reactions: DawgInterloper
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back