Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mom’s back in hospital again. I’d go into it, but I’m exhausted. Just plain tired. I was there until a little after 4 a.m. and still went to work this morning. I believe in the prayer to GOD. Just please ask him to look after her. That’s all I ask.
Go grab a quiet place, or bedside.

This may seem silly but, I use the Abide App. It's different prayer based meditations. A mentor of mine used to use overflowing cup analogy. If our cup is bare, we need to word to fill it back up. Pretty simple, but a reminder nonetheless.

Go grab a quiet place, or bedside.

This may seem silly but, I use the Abide App. It's different prayer based meditations. A mentor of mine used to use overflowing cup analogy. If our cup is bare, we need to word to fill it back up. Pretty simple, but a reminder nonetheless.
I know I haven't been the most Religious person in life unti when I almost passed away a few years ago i accepted God in my life and I have done so much better by learning to love, respect and appreciate others. I know I still curse and don't do everything rite but I try so much harder. I read the Bible ever night before going to sleep something I would not have done 25 years ago ....

Where on Earth did you find a Schlitz? I thought they stopped making that in the 80s.

In elementary school my class went on a field trip to the Schlitz brewery in Memphis. At the end of the tour, they offered us small glasses of Schlitz malt liquor. We all drank it. It was awful and the only time that I ever had malt liquor.

I was in 3rd grade. How times have changed! Imagine the uproar if elementary school students were given alcohol on a field trip now! 😂

I know I haven't been the most Religious person in life unti when I almost passed away a few years ago i accepted God in my life and I have done so much better by learning to love, respect and appreciate others. I know I still curse and don't do everything rite but I try so much harder. I read the Bible ever night before going to sleep something I would not have done 25 years ago ....
I dont mean this as a platform for personal testimony. But there were times in my life, battling with drinking that I did the same. That same bible, along with my Grandads Bible, in which his sermon notes - and handwritten sermon reside, sit on my bed stand.

I'm a firm believer in spirituality, and personal faith. I also believe in the Word of God. I believe, firmly that the tribes were split. Tongues were changed. Jesus loves everyone.

Very glad to hear about your personal redemption, regardless of religion. But even more so, because paraphrasing He wants us to being Him all our broken, worried, and heavy laden. Makes us maleable.

In elementary school my class went on a field trip to the Schlitz brewery in Memphis. At the end of the tour, they offered us small glasses of Schlitz malt liquor. We all drank it. It was awful and the only time that I ever had malt liquor.

I was in 3rd grade. How times have changed! Imagine the uproar if elementary school students were given alcohol on a field trip now! 😂

I didn’t know Schlitz had a Memphis brewery. Did they just make the malt liquor there?

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Thank God for emissions standards and State requirements. Unfortunately, TN doesn't have that, BUT we miss out on that wonder wheel tax. So, I'll take it.
I see you like to fish, are you a hunter of Wildlife such as Deer ,Bear, Turkey and so on ....?

Well, they're basically mandated drugs for class, so...

Reactions: TheRain
What is a post malone ?
AmusingThirstyIrishterrier-max-1mb.gif

Mom’s back in hospital again. I’d go into it, but I’m exhausted. Just plain tired. I was there until a little after 4 a.m. and still went to work this morning. I believe in the prayer to GOD. Just please ask him to look after her. That’s all I ask.
Praying for her and you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back