Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
When has all this money made the game better?

Is it a better sport than in the 80s or 90s? Looks the same to me. Just more $$$ for coaches, ADs, and commishes, while the ticket prices keep soaring. And people eat this **** up

Just gonna sit here and hold my breath until ticket prices come down due to all this great expansion money...
The best is when regular sidewalk fans go on about TV money or markets or something like they’re the ones benefiting from this.

When has all this money made the game better?

Is it a better sport than in the 80s or 90s? Looks the same to me. Just more $$$ for coaches, ADs, and commishes, while the ticket prices keep soaring. And people eat this **** up

Just gonna sit here and hold my breath until ticket prices come down due to all this great expansion money...
If you think ticket prices wouldn’t have equally risen with the good ole boy handshake bagmen system? You’re not living in the same reality. Watch an 80’s movie and compare the gas prices. More applicable, compare a movie (with snacks) outing then and now. ENTERTAINMENT costs more and yes…we’ll pay it.

1) Conferences gain bigger TV revenue deals.

2) Broadcasters pay more for same content

3) Cost gets passed onto cable providers

4) Cost from providers gets passed onto the fans at home

5) Fans go to a game and still pay more

6) Players still don't get paid by the schools

7) Fans now pay the players via collectives

8) The universities and conferences:

200 (2) (22).gif

1) Conferences gain bigger TV revenue deals.

2) Broadcasters pay more for same content

3) Cost gets passed onto cable providers

4) Cost from providers gets passed onto the fans at home

5) Fans go to a game and still pay more

6) Players still don't get paid by the schools

7) Fans now pay the players via collectives

8) The universities and conferences:

View attachment 568192
This sounds like healthcare.

As for the discussion yesterday. Majors wasn’t ever going to win a national championship here. Quite obvious too. He was at Tennessee for 15 years or so and just never could get over that hump. Dickey did the right thing in getting rid of him for the betterment of the program as seen in 1998. Fulmer started out really hot from 92’-04’ winning a national championship 6 years into his tenure and 80% win percentage. Then he got lazy and couldn’t hire assistants (later proven as the AD In spectacular fashion). He needed to go too clearly. Then Mike Hamilton the ultimate dumba$$ as we all know went on an idiot binge of hiring pure retards. Story of Tennessee football the last 50 years

Having to hire Hamilton cause no one established would take the job should have been the sign the wrong people were in charge.

Reactions: hooter vol
We drank Weidermanns at $1.69 a six pack. 😂 Connoisseurs.
Wiedemann's*

It's like Gennysee and Olympia, but different and the same. Anyone who slaps 'fine beer' on the side of that yak piss, should be sued for false advertising.

Id rather reach for a Schlitz blue label 40 oz., warm before you get to the bottom. Or a Natty Ice.

'a head first slide... he's up.'

'there's some jawing, oh with the umps will need to clear this up.'

'what a turn of events here John, I mean Thompson came up. Decked em, and I mean both benches cleared...Wow.'

'John, that's going to have a real long lasting impact on this game.'

'Where d'ya go from here?'

"That's Stone Cold's music by gawd!"
stone-cold-steve-austin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back