Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good...it makes it so much better when they don't see you coming.
Yup. We need Milton to have a big chip on his shoulder. Has to work harder than ever if he's going to take that next step. Same for defense. Can't look back at Clemson and think that's how the SEC will go next season.

1. I love the videography at the beginning, that’s cool.

2. I hope Dabo has nightmares of the Vols all offseason. Wondering if he’s going to baby Klubnik all spring. “No, Cade, they’re not all like that. You play in the ACC.”

3. That was a picture perfect ending to a pretty great season. We’ve wanted a piece of Clemson ever since their meteoric rise over the last decade+. Boy did we take their pride and then some.

4. GO BIG DAM ORANGE
I think it just gives creedence that there is no comparison in upper echelon SEC teams vs ACC, in terms of competition

1. I love the videography at the beginning, that’s cool.

2. I hope Dabo has nightmares of the Vols all offseason. Wondering if he’s going to baby Klubnik all spring. “No, Cade, they’re not all like that. You play in the ACC.”

3. That was a picture perfect ending to a pretty great season. We’ve wanted a piece of Clemson ever since their meteoric rise over the last decade+. Boy did we take their pride and then some.

4. GO BIG DAM ORANGE
Screenshots_2022-11-27-12-43-54.pngScreenshots_2022-11-27-12-47-34.png

With the small rotation we use, this would seem suprising.

Thornton, Squirrel, Bru, Keyton...plus the other upcoming sophomores. Seems like plenty and I hope the other guys (Webb, Nimrod...did Miller end up at DB?) stick around. Also curious if Leacock can have an immediate impact.
We want Thornton and Sturdivant imo. They are both very talented, and we lost Hyatt and Tillman, 3 to the portal, and will likely lose Keyton and Bru after this year. Also, sounds like Seldon will work at RB this spring.

Also imo Heup wants two platoons, so to speak, to rotate series for fresh legs as needed, and for some new wrinkles. We haven't yet been in a position to do that, but I do not conclude from that fact that he doesn't want to rotate some series as desired.

Last edited:

Thornton, Squirrel, Bru, Keyton...plus the other upcoming sophomores. Seems like plenty and I hope the other guys (Webb, Nimrod...did Miller end up at DB?) stick around. Also curious if Leacock can have an immediate impact.

I heard VQ say once the small rotation at WR was more of a Golesh thing than system/scheme thing. Maybe we will play more WRs next year and rotate at that position more.

If we get Thornton, I think we should be good at WR imo, especially since Thornton can play the slot and perimeter.

I heard VQ say once the small rotation at WR was more of a Golesh thing than system/scheme thing. Maybe we will play more WRs next year and rotate at that position more.

If we get Thornton, I think we should be good at WR imo, especially since Thornton can play the slot and perimeter.
hard to argue with the results. personally I like having players with video game type numbers.

Cool story, I had a friend that worked as a waitress at Olive Garden in Rivergate years ago. Reba McEntire was there celebrating her son Shelby's birthday. This lady came over and asked her for an autograph and Reba told her " Ma'am any other day I would be happy to sign something but today I'm not Reba McEntire I'm Shelby's momma.". Kind of shows you how some of them are away from work.
Sounds politely done to me.

Another example of why I can't watch or talk UT sports with my wife:

:conversation about how we ended the season beating Clemson concludes:

Her: So what will we finished ranked?

Me: Maybe 5th or so

Her: Well...that's not too bad. Didn't we start the season 3rd?

:scoffing and moaning goes on for a minute:

Her: How about basketball?

Me: We're 8th

Her: So, in all sports we're almost good?

Me: THERE ARE 130 TEAMS IN FOOTBALL AND OVER 300 IN BASKETBALL! WE'RE NOT ALMOST GOOD, WE'RE GREAT!!! 😅 (and no I didn't yell this, but my mind was)
😂🧡

Another example of why I can't watch or talk UT sports with my wife:

:conversation about how we ended the season beating Clemson concludes:

Her: So what will we finished ranked?

Me: Maybe 5th or so

Her: Well...that's not too bad. Didn't we start the season 3rd?

:scoffing and moaning goes on for a minute:

Her: How about basketball?

Me: We're 8th

Her: So, in all sports we're almost good?

Me: THERE ARE 130 TEAMS IN FOOTBALL AND OVER 300 IN BASKETBALL! WE'RE NOT ALMOST GOOD, WE'RE GREAT!!! 😅 (and no I didn't yell this, but my mind was)
Sounds like she has no emotional investment.

Reactions: orangejuice
I worked in Smithville for a few years and there’s a lot of country music people that lived down on Center Hill Lake, most famously Alan Jackson.

There was a lot said that he was an A hole but I think that’s confusing someone of a private nature who wants to be anonymous when he’s not on stage and I can get that. There was a story that he was in the local grocery store one day and some redneck exclaimed “Hey! I know who you are!!” Jackson supposedly retorted “Really?! I don’t know who the F—- you are!”

May or may not be true, but I thought it was funny if so. I’ve ran across famous folks, and I leave them alone.
Someone I know spotted Rex Ryan at Fishlipz.

Reactions: UTMVol76

I certainly am not anywhere close to an insider (thankfully) but reading the tea leaves suggests they might be recruiting over the freshman they just brought in last class. Certainly isn’t a bad problem to have from where Tennessee was a year ago.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
He did not direct all of those, bud.

Btw he is one of my favorite directors. A true visionary. The Fountain is so underrated and Mother! Is so damn good.
He's slipping, imo. Haven't seen The Whale; but, his last 3/4, shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as those first 4.

Reactions: Devo182
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back