Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a thing that some coaches do, they look at a player, find a skill set that they feel fits their system and as a person will fit into the culture they are trying to grow. They coach them up to maximize their potential and in one or two years have a player that might have been a little under sized, over looked because they played at a smaller school and didn't face the best competition or maybe wasn't coached as well in HS because they had several different coaches, who knows but they can become a key part of the whole scheme.

These players tend to stick around because they have a desire to succeed and even against the odds in some cases they become great players. Every team has these players, some teams have a bunch Stars that aren't willing to work or don't think they are getting a fair shake so the move on to the next NIL deal or the next promise made by their next coach and many will do that more than once nowadays.

Stars are nothing more than a measure of speed and size in many cases, it doesn't measure the most important thing and that's heart. Von Miller was a 3 star as was Jurell Casey and Leveon Bell. Kalil Mack and T.y. Hilton were both 2 stars, so there are those players out there that might not have gotten a good evaluation out of high school and hopefully some of these young men can become special as well.
There is thing that most coaches do in the elite programs and that's recruit mainly 5 amd 4 stars if you can't understand that then idk how to help you understand that we need more talent like the elite programs.

Secondary obviously the other but I guess more of a quiet eye to the O Line. Interested in seeing what happens there as practice begins

Only way this offense works is if our Oline performs... if we can't open holes for the run game and give Milton/Nico time, we're toast..

We're gonna need to come out of the gate confident, smother on defense, and make our shots early on Saturday to take control early. Good news is we are in a better position nationally right now than KY, so odds are more in our favor that the refs will call a fair game because at this point, KY isn't regular KY...

overturned-truck-joke-laffgaff.jpg
👆😂

There is thing that most coaches do in the elite programs and that's recruit mainly 5 amd 4 stars if you can't understand that then idk how to help you understand that we need more talent like the elite programs.
You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't fit the system or culture then you are more trouble than your worth. If you can't understand that I can't help you either. I think this staff knows who the players are that will fit this system and fit the culture that they are trying to develop, so lets just let them decide.

You can have all the talent in the world but if you don't fit the system or culture then you are more trouble than your worth. If you can't understand that I can't help you either. I think this staff knows who the players are that will fit this system and fit the culture that they are trying to develop, so lets just let them decide.

I think the truth is somewhere in the middle---- example- Texas A&M Georgia

But I will say a great coaching staff like ours can blow the doors off folks with a roster full of 4-5*'s

Reactions: hooter vol
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back