Recruiting forum off topic thread (no politics, covid, or hot button issues)

WM’s resume speaks for itself. Nothing a poster on VN says will change that.
It doesn't sway the opinion of WM. It can sour a mother on a fanbase. Not talking about his single post specifically, but there can be (has been before) a cumulative effect. These moms are trusting their babies with not only the coaches, but all aspects of a program. That includes community and fan support. It doesn't take much to sew seeds of doubt. Also not necessarily referring to Boo's mom. She appears to be a strong minded woman.

WM’s resume speaks for itself. Nothing a poster on VN says will change that.
When you’re a mom or a father of a young man considering UT. Words on a message board suddenly becomes important, especially if they’re gauging a fan base. Look, everyone is entitled to their views. but know your viewership first.

When you’re a mom or a father of a young man considering UT. Words on a message board suddenly becomes important, especially if they’re gauging a fan base. Look, everyone is entitled to their views. but know your viewership first.
I was backing your post btw. I meant a posters opinion won’t change WMs success.

It doesn't sway the opinion of WM. It can sour a mother on a fanbase. Not talking about his single post specifically, but there can be (has been before) a cumulative effect. These moms are trusting their babies with not only the coaches, but all aspects of a program. That includes community and fan support. It doesn't take much to sew seeds of doubt. Also not necessarily referring to Boo's mom. She appears to be a strong minded woman.
I was backing her argument. Could’ve worded it better.

Reactions: bigl3327
To be fair to Martinez: 1) He has put a TON of guys in the NFL, and 2) We simply don't have the talent in the secondary to do much right now.

As for Boo, He is an elite talent that can shine at multiple positions. WR, KO return, Punt return, or corner. He can upgrade any position he goes to. He's tall enough, don't worry, he'll make our team better by his addition.

By all means show me where she has taken offense to anything anyone has said.

Well one example is when she joined in on the defense of QUESTIONS about his academic standing in THIS VERY THREAD in the July 8-9 timeframe. Her frequency in here shows she is doing her due diligence as a Mom, and I hope she continues on. Another was when she had to counter her son's open minded review of his opportunities due to him having a childhood favorite. Just do a search on this thread with her as poster and click on a few of her MANY posts.

I don't know how concerned we need to be about some posters DOING WHAT POSTERS CAN AND WILL DO. I would bet she is familiar with the concept that "every fanbase has them", and would be shocked if she has not encountered their eyerolling alternate outcries from the stands down through the years. Just hope she and other support group folks that are doing a comparative analysis don't find our rate of THOSE GUYS is higher than the schools we are directly competing with for their charges services. They get to weight the impact of all the factors in their decision processes.

is that in Deuteronomy?
He's actually right. The Bible says not to get drunk. Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrites for mocking John The Baptist as a teetotaler while accusing Jesus of being a drunkard for drinking wine.

So, right there, Jesus Himself admitted to drinking wine. (i.e. You don't call someone a drunkard for drinking Welches.)

May have missed a blue font there, but I think what SS is saying is, nowhere in the Bible does it say not to drink. Many times it says not to be drunk.

No blue font. It is clear from scripture in both OT and NT that alcohol isn't sinful, but drunkenness is. That also applies to food and anything else we are inclined to become addicted to...college football included. Being raised Baptist, I was always a bit confused as to why alcohol was viewed as strictly forbidden, but smoking and gluttony were tolerated (and even encouraged in the interest of "fellowship"), despite smoking and obesity being a far bigger health crisis than the moderate consumption of alcohol. As I got older and traveled a bit, I realized that prohibition was mostly regional, and significantly driven to combat the strong tendencies of the Scots Irish toward alcoholism. If you have a genetic predisposition toward addiction, probably best to abstain, and there are many here who can attest to the importance of that.

With that said, I do enjoy the occasional beer or bourbon, but never to excess and have not a single faith-based conflict about it. If anything, I'm quicker to avoid it now because I hate empty calories.

Reactions: TheRain
He's actually right. The Bible says not to get drunk. Jesus called the Pharisees hypocrites for mocking John The Baptist as a teetotaler while accusing Jesus of being a drunkard for drinking wine.

So, right there, Jesus Himself admitted to drinking wine. (i.e. You don't call someone a drunkard for drinking Welches.)

ah...the new math

Jesus 100% didn’t turn water into grape juice….it was wine.

Grape juice was invented by the tee-totaling Methodists during the temperance movement. Welch was a Methodist.

Reactions: UTMVol76
No blue font. It is clear from scripture in both OT and NT that alcohol isn't sinful, but drunkenness is. That also applies to food and anything else we are inclined to become addicted to...college football included. Being raised Baptist, I was always a bit confused as to why alcohol was viewed as strictly forbidden, but smoking and gluttony were tolerated (and even encouraged in the interest of "fellowship"), despite smoking and obesity being a far bigger health crisis than the moderate consumption of alcohol. As I got older and traveled a bit, I realized that prohibition was mostly regional, and significantly driven to combat the strong tendencies of the Scots Irish toward alcoholism. If you have a genetic predisposition toward addiction, probably best to abstain, and there are many here who can attest to the importance of that.

With that said, I do enjoy the occasional beer or bourbon, but never to excess and have not a single faith-based conflict about it. If anything, I'm quicker to avoid it now because I hate empty calories.

Agreed. For the record, I was questioning whether I missed the sarcasm in Newt’s response, not your comment.

Reactions: SSVol

VN Store

Back