'24 Recruiting Forum: Official Arkansas Pregame/Game Thread

Which is more likely to happen:

Nico has 300+ total yards
Or
Sampson goes for 175+ from scrimmage?
Nico did go for 300 in a half already, so we know he's capable of doing it quickly. Depends on what the defense tries to stop. I don't think we'll ever be playing from behind in this game, so it's more likely that Sampson would rush for 175.

Nico did go for 300 in a half already, so we know he's capable of doing it quickly. Depends on what the defense tries to stop. I don't think we'll ever be playing from behind in this game, so it's more likely that Sampson would rush for 175.
Fair, personally I think Arkansas will stack the box a lot and try to make nico beat em through the air, but it’s honestly 50/50 to whether we throw for 300 or sampson rush for 175

Fair, personally I think Arkansas will stack the box a lot and try to make nico beat em through the air, but it’s honestly 50/50 to whether we throw for 300 or sampson rush for 175
All we need is a normal game from Nico, then throw in 3-4 big passes and he's right around 300. He could get there a lot easier than in most offenses.

It's time someone try that

No point in death by a thousand cuts. You aren't going to stop our run game and Nico hasn't proven that he can lite up a defense like theirs.

Maybe they won't put all their efforts on stopping Pearce either. Lose lose if all you try and do take him away and our passing game.

It appears @Weezer had another successful rescue. Vols 52-13.
Its Poop Again GIFs | Tenor

All we need is a normal game from Nico, then throw in 3-4 big passes and he's right around 300. He could get there a lot easier than in most offenses.
He probably would have went for close to 300 on Okie if Heupel had not pulled the plug.

It's like that known fact just doesn't sink in with us...I include myself because I am guilty of not really figuring that into my rating of the offense that game..

In fact we put 17 offensive pts and over 200 yards on a good defense in tbe first half and people are talking about how they "stopped" us...they slowed us a little is the truth of it...and I want anybody that can, to explain why we would NOT have at least matched those numbers in the 2nd half against a thin defense that would have grown more and more exhausted if we were actually throwing the playbook at them instead of playing "let's run it between the tackles on every first and second, and even some 3rd downs"

We could have shut a lot of this racket up if we had put 35-45 and 450+ on them...which we could have easily imo.

I understand why we didn't..but it leaves doubts, even in my mind, and I hate that.

Sooo...I hope we obliterate Arky and shut everyone up

He probably would have went for close to 300 on Okie if Heupel had not pulled the plug.

It's like that known fact just doesn't sink in with us...I include myself because I am guilty of not really figuring that into my rating of the offense that game..

In fact we put 17 offensive pts and over 200 yards on a good defense in tbe first half and people are talking about how they "stopped" us...they slowed us a little is the truth of it...and I want anybody that can, to explain why we would NOT have at least matched those numbers in the 2nd half against a thin defense that would have grown more and more exhausted if we were actually throwing the playbook at them instead of playing "let's run it between the tackles on every first and second, and even some 3rd downs"

We could have shut a lot of this racket up if we had put 35-45 and 450+ on them...which we could have easily imo.

I understand why we didn't..but it leaves doubts, even in my mind, and I hate that.

Sooo...I hope we obliterate Arky and shut everyone up
Exactly how I see it as well.

If he had left the TE in to chip block on the Davis side and the RB to pick up a blitz or free rusher, different results. No blitz or free rusher, both release underneath into the vacant areas for Nico to dump it down as needed. Heup knows all of that. Instead he chose to run the ball and eat clock - said as much after the game. He trusted his eyes and saw what the D was doing. Wanted a solid W over a ranked team on the road that left us healthier coming into the break instead of style points.

How did it all work out? Moved up in the polls.

Now going to Arky after a bye, have two healthier starting tackles in the game with an extra week of practice. The playbook opens again.

Who on their D is going to tackle Dylan enough to keep him from running for a buck fifty with 3 TD's? Who on their D is going to stop Nico from throwing for 300 and 3 TD's? We pick up anther TD from somebody else.

D focuses on Green. Give them 2 TD's - maybe.

Vols 49
Hogs 14
Add a FG for each team. 52-17 Vols.

Reactions: DarthVol1
I was once turned back from entering the state of Arkansas, because I had too many teeth and I had not actually ever made love to a wild pig before. I said once when I was younger and intoxicated, I had a lapse in judgement and had slept with a bigger girl. They said that it had to be an actual wild pig to count.

VN Store

Back