'24 Recruiting Forum: Official NC State Pregame/Game Thread

I look for McCall to be sharper. That said he doesn't have the strongest arm. WCU challenged him and he didn't answer the bell. The biggest unknown is how our secondary will fair. In the other side of the ball, NC State misses their all world LB, Payton Wilson. UTC and WCU are close on FBS power rankings--so if you want to apply the transitive property, we should win easily.

I look for McCall to be sharper. That said he doesn't have the strongest arm. WCU challenged him and he didn't answer the bell. The biggest unknown is how our secondary will fair. In the other side of the ball, NC State misses their all world LB, Payton Wilson. UTC and WCU are close on FBS power rankings--so if you want to apply the transitive property, we should win easily.

Western Carolina had 9 TFLs vs NC St.

McCall is gonna go through some things in this game. Vols about to put him in the sunken place.

Anyone else with DIRECTV who is redneck mad like me?
I cancelled mine yesterday after over 16 years with them. They tried to offer me $35 off and I said no. We signed up to YouTube TV. I’ve watched a couple games now and the stream is beautiful with no glitching. Only negative is they don’t have Ballysports, so can’t watch a Braves game if I want.

I cancelled mine yesterday after over 16 years with them. They tried to offer me $35 off and I said no. We signed up to YouTube TV. I’ve watched a couple games now and the stream is beautiful with no glitching. Only negative is they don’t have Ballysports, so can’t watch a Braves game if I want.
Interesting,

I think a lot is made about internet speeds. Fiber has been a game changer fir folks. That said, the best hardware ive seen thus far are Smart TV's. Lot of latency in Apple TV/Roku.

I didn't realize YoutubeTV didn't offer Ballysports. I think ill try the free trial and see how long the dispute lasts.

Interesting,

I think a lot is made about internet speeds. Fiber has been a game changer fir folks. That said, the best hardware ive seen thus far are Smart TV's. Lot of latency in Apple TV/Roku.
We did get fiber recently finally. Running 500 mbps. We are running YouTube tv off of a Roku with no problems so far. We do have a smart TV being installed tomorrow and the apps will run off of it, so I’m excited about that.

We did get fiber recently finally. Running 500 mbps. We are running YouTube tv off of a Roku with no problems so far. We do have a smart TV being installed tomorrow and the apps will run off of it, so I’m excited about that.
I live in a rural area. Starlink was the only decent internet provider I could use. I receive about 200 MBPS. I need to reset my smart tv upstairs, because it won't toggle the wifi on/off. I use a firestick right now, but if i were to get youtubetv, i would like to go through the smart tv without using a firestick. The smart tv in my mancave will be no issue.

Reactions: OGbabyaviVol
It's really hard to see how we have many issues with them. I can see them catching us with some creative plays and Concepcion torching us a time or two, but....they just don't look near as athletic as us. WCU went toe to toe with them for 60 minutes and WCU is literally the same caliber team as Chatt. They played a 52-50 game last year with pretty much all the same players.

State gave up 361 total yards to WCU. McCall was in his head and really off. What are the odds he gets it together against our front?

We built that 45-0 lead while substituting 34 different players on defense as well...NCSU subbed 19 the whole game. They looked slow. Nico's legs are more of a factor in this game. Just looks like a total whipping.
Here is the way they can beat us..

They get a few weird bounces.

They get a few careless TOs

They get a bunch of garbage calls and no calls by the officials...sticking it to us on down and distance.

Nico has a "off" day throwing the ball.

Our WRs have an off day catching the ball.

We have a couple of injuries at key positions.

Defense plays sloppy in multiple phases.

Their QB and WRs have one of those "can't miss or do anything wrong" games..

I don't think that stuff happens...but it could.

But the more likely outcome is..

We win by fitty..😎

One receiver they’ve got will be a handful. Their defense struggles against RPO. Not a good matchup for them

One receiver they’ve got will be a handful. Their defense struggles against RPO. Not a good matchup for them
Fully expect to see Nico running the ball a lot more tomorrow. He needs to be careful about taking unnecessary contact. Take what’s given and go down

Fully expect to see Nico running the ball a lot more tomorrow. He needs to be careful about taking unnecessary contact. Take what’s given and go down
That’s what I expect as well especially in the red zone. I think they will have a lot tighter coverage and probably Nico has to take off a time or two to make them respect his legs.

Reactions: RockyTop140

VN Store

Back