Recruiting Targets

hvwarrior58

VN GURU
Okay, so this may not be all of the targets (some will drop and some will rise, some will fall because of coaching changes, some may jump on board with the new coaches), nor is it all highly rated guys, but here is a list of guys we are pursuing:

RBs:
5* Enrique Davis-Absolute stud that decommitted from Auburn. Is looking around and may visit. Ole Miss has an edge, though.

OL:
4* Antoine McClain-Has visited numerous times and really likes UT. We are in his final 5 or 6, but it will be hard to pull him out of state.
3* Dallas Thomas-He is a fallback for a few teams, but CPF has really liked him from the start. We seem to be trying to hit Louisiana hard this year.

DE:
4* Quinton Coples-Word was that he committed to UNC, but he denies that. He is visiting this weekend and would be a huge land.
4* Cameron Henderson-Auburn commit that visited recently. He says he is still committed but definitely looking around. Most Barners think he is solid after Tubbs's in-home.
3* Keith Wells-Huge potential guy with a grand offer list. Decommitted from FSU and is down to OSU and UT. It'd be nice to steal another DE from OSU.

DT:
4* Jeremy Lewis-Another UM commit that visited us. He had a good time but still claims to be committed to Miami, though he is definitely thinking about things.
3* Marty Everett-Was gushing about UT earlier in the process but has opened up his recruitment. Methinks that we aren't making a push for him.

LBs:
4* Jerrell Harris-Has shown some interest in the Vols but I really don't think we have much of a shot. I think he stays in state.

ATHs:
4* E.J. Abrams-Ward-We are in the thick of things for E.J. but it will be hard to pull him from Butch. He really likes the Vols, though.

2008 Tennessee Football Recruiting Board

Thanks, HV. The Roussel situation could definitely come back to bite us. I don't like offering kids and then not talking to them when it comes time to finish the job.

I feel like we get McClain, K. Page, Q. Couples, Leon Mackey, Marcus Fortson, Lawrence Guy, and A.J. Alexander.. those are my best picks.

HV, do you think we can sign Scruggs? I've heard he's about as good as Ben Martin.

Just some more Input I'll add to this Thread.

4* Jameel Owens said his last visit will be either Missouri or TN. Probably an instate lock though.

4* Antoine McClain - Really likes Alabama and talks to their commits often. Alabama might not have enough room in their class for him. If bama doesnt want him than it will be between Auburn and TN.

McClain has tried to commit to Bama but they put him off and quit talking to him. After Cordy Glenn committed to UGA, they need 1 more OL in this class and have started talking to McClain again. I don't know how he feels about that.

Owens really liked UT a while back, but I think the interest has cooled on both sides.

Forston is a stud and could very well challenge for a starting position right away. It would also be a huge pull considering it would also likely mean that we would pull another commitment or two(at least) from UM.

If we can get Scruggs to commit soon, then, yeah, we land him. If not, I have not idea. I've heard he has ties to UT, though, and that we are his top school for sure.

I feel like we get McClain, K. Page, Q. Couples, Leon Mackey, Marcus Fortson, Lawrence Guy, and A.J. Alexander.. those are my best picks.

if we pull all of these ppl in, the class would be very nice.....a very good compliment class to last years.........do we really have a shot a Fortson

Fortson reminds me of Austin last year, Im not going to get my hopes up.

Yeah, the funny thing about the Austin situation is that the people that said Austin to UT still claim it would have went through had it not been for Butch being hired at UNC. I'm not saying that Forston will be in Orange. I'm just saying there is something going on and we are a potential player.

As stated before, some of these guys may not even be targets. There will be more show up and some of these will completely fall off the list. There are probably some more out there that I missed, as well.

Would love to pick up Jameel Owens, Antoine McClain, Kenneth Page, Lawrence Guy, Sean Spence, Boubacar Cissoko, and A.J. Alexander. Would love to have any combination of these guys. I think this recruiting class could turn out to be better than most people believe.

The guy that I would like to have more than any other is Marcus Forston. He would be a huge addition inside.

Would love to pick up Jameel Owens, Antoine McClain, Kenneth Page, Lawrence Guy, Sean Spence, Boubacar Cissoko, and A.J. Alexander. Would love to have any combination of these guys. I think this recruiting class could turn out to be better than most people believe.

The guy that I would like to have more than any other is Marcus Forston. He would be a huge addition inside.[/QUOTE]

yeah......we are still in it for pryor......just look what hv said above

The thing about Pryor that we could sell is that Tennessee is only place that he can start his first year. Maybe we could land him if he wants to play right away instead of a redshirt.

Ummm, I'm pretty sure WV can say the same thing. Not every elite player wants to come in right away(especially QBs) and start.

Pat White will probably stay for 1 more year. Like i said, i hope he wants to play his first year.

thanks HV :hi: I have a good feeling about the Miami kids from everything I've read and heard...Pryor I don't feel so good on

VN Store

Back