Red Scare?

And who decides what's American or un American?

You’re not wrong with your points. But it’s sad to see our country running from the western/Judeo Christian values that made it great. Especially when you consider the alternative direction so many people want to take this country in.

I agree thoughts shouldn’t be crimes and no one body should determine what is/is not American. But I also believe the right wing of our country has been silent and passive for too long. The only people in our country afraid to share opinions in this country are those on the right, and for years the right has laid down and taken it and been afraid to fight back. It’s the entire reason trump gave so many people hope

You’re not wrong with your points. But it’s sad to see our country running from the western/Judeo Christian values that made it great. Especially when you consider the alternative direction so many people want to take this country in.

Which values? Jewish or Christian? There's a clear distinction between the two according to my Jewish friends.

Are you pretending Jewish values do not overlap with Christianity? Let’s not be absurd.

There's some overlap, but not as much as many think.

Stop Saying “Judeo-Christian Values”

"Quite simply, the values inside Biblical Judaism were (and are) interpreted through a Jewish lens by the rabbis, the books of law and interpretation, and finally into law codes and responsa that now form Modern Judaism. Parallel to this were the values that Christians interpreted from Biblical Judaism focusing on their theological ideas, such as, for instance, the typological predictions of Jesus, and seeing the laws and stories of the “Old Testament” through the lens of a “new” one. In other words, there never were any Jewish-Christian values, nor can there ever be, because as soon as the Jesus movement began in the 1st century CE, the followers of Jesus began to rework and reinterpret Jewish values into their own. "

There's some overlap, but not as much as many think.

Stop Saying “Judeo-Christian Values”

"Quite simply, the values inside Biblical Judaism were (and are) interpreted through a Jewish lens by the rabbis, the books of law and interpretation, and finally into law codes and responsa that now form Modern Judaism. Parallel to this were the values that Christians interpreted from Biblical Judaism focusing on their theological ideas, such as, for instance, the typological predictions of Jesus, and seeing the laws and stories of the “Old Testament” through the lens of a “new” one. In other words, there never were any Jewish-Christian values, nor can there ever be, because as soon as the Jesus movement began in the 1st century CE, the followers of Jesus began to rework and reinterpret Jewish values into their own. "

You’d have a hard time convincing myself or anyone else that “Reform Judaism” (the type of Judaism Harvey, the author here preaches) is in any way a form of Judaism. It’s like saying Scientology is scientific.

But there’s a ton of overlap in Jewish and Christian values. That’s why most religious Jews are conservative. It’s why so many places in America used to display the Ten Commandments.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
You’d have a hard time convincing myself or anyone else that “Reform Judaism” (the type of Judaism Harvey, the author here preaches) is in any way a form of Judaism. It’s like saying Scientology is scientific.

Reformed Judaism is the largest sect of Judaism. That's like saying Baptists aren't a Christian denomination because they aren't Catholic.

Reformed Judaism is the largest sect of Judaism. That's like saying Baptists aren't a Christian denomination because they aren't Catholic.

Reformed Judaism is left wing trash. As is the publication you used as a source. I also notice you ignored the part about the Ten Commandments.

Is that not a shared value?

I also notice you ignored the part about the Ten Commandments.

Is that not a shared value?

I didn't ignore, I triaged. It's a busy weekend and I am interacting in bursts.

The Ten Commandments/Laws/Things are common to both faith traditions, yes. Their places in each tradition are different. Do you keep all 613 laws of the Pentateuch, which are held with equal esteem and equal consequence as the Ten Things in Judaism? Or do you keep the summary of the Law, as Christ said "Love your neighbor as yourself; this is the law and the prophets?".

I also find our focus on the Ten to be an outgrowth of the legalism inherent in our Puritanical roots. Maybe we should post the Beatitudes alongside the Ten to remind us of what Christ's fulfillment of the Law leads to?

The Ten Commandments/Laws/Things are common to both faith traditions, yes. Their places in each tradition are different. Do you keep all 613 laws of the Pentateuch, which are held with equal esteem and equal consequence as the Ten Things in Judaism? Or do you keep the summary of the Law, as Christ said "Love your neighbor as yourself; this is the law and the prophets?".

I also find our focus on the Ten to be an outgrowth of the legalism inherent in our Puritanical roots. Maybe we should post the Beatitudes alongside the Ten to remind us of what Christ's fulfillment of the Law leads to?

I asked the same question three times before you ever responded. That’s ignoring.

No, I don’t keep all 613 (nor do reform jews). Idk what that changes, unless you believe the claim was that they’re 100% the same.

Seems like you’re admitting in your response that I legal system is based on shared judeo christian values. I’m glad we agree

In a conversation about Christianity and Judaism...you really just pointed a finger at the Christians regarding legalism?? That is hilarious.

Orthodox Judaism (and to my understanding pretty much ALL Judaism other than Messianic) is an exercise in legalism. Pharisees of this day. In futility they try to keep all those laws to the letter...and from what I read still nitpick and argue about them incessantly. Is that not THE definition of legalism? Is legalism not a Christian warning of what NOT to do...because the point of it all is a relationship with God, not the rituals and religion?(of Judaism)

Last edited:
While we’ve all been distracted by multiple trials, the Biden admin is attempting to put an actual communist in charge of our money.

She went wrote her thesis on Marxism, stated on Twitter that unlike America the Soviet Union had no gender pay gap, is a member of Marxist Facebook groups, has suggested all checking and savings accounts should be directly deposited with the federal reserve, wants to end all privately owned banks, and private lending

What has she said in her defense? They just don’t like me because I’m a woman, an immigrant, and a minority.

Who Is Saule Omarova? Biden's Controversial, Soviet-Born Pick For A Top Financial Post
But you just grow out out it ( communism) or she says......🤥

I asked the same question three times before you ever responded. That’s ignoring.

I'll answer as I see fit, when I see fit. If you want to believe I was ignoring, then you do you. I know the truth. Now that I'm not driving errands I can be a little bit faster to respond to all of it.

I'll answer as I see fit, when I see fit. If you want to believe I was ignoring, then you do you. I know the truth. Now that I'm not driving errands I can be a little bit faster to respond to all of it.

Lol alright. Troll on then. I don’t really have interest in a dishonest conversation

In a conversation about Christianity and Judaism...you really just pointed a finger at the Christians regarding legalism?? That is hilarious.

Orthodox Judaism (and to my understanding pretty much ALL Judaism other than Messianic) is an exercise in legalism. Pharisees of this day. In futility they try to keep all those laws to the letter...and from what I read still nitpick and argue about them incessantly. Is that not THE definition of legalism? Is legalism not a Christian warning of what NOT to do...because the point of it all is a relationship with God, not the rituals and religion?

I was specific in putting the onus on Puritanical roots, not modern Christianity. We're not putting people in stocks in the town square for celebrating Christmas like they did, last I checked.

I was specific in putting the onus on Puritanical roots, not modern Christianity. We're not putting people in stocks in the town square for celebrating Christmas like they did, last I checked.

Laws evolve doesn’t negate the influence Judaism in American law.

VN Store

Back