Remembering the good old days.

VolFan37323

I watching a replay of the 96' Alabama game wow what a great game. We came from 13 down that day to win with 3:13 left. Honestly for me I can't even remember what it feels like to know that we could step on the field with a team like Alabama and actually have a chance to win. I pray that the days of us winning big time games will return soon. :ermm:

Reactions: 1 person
Was that the game where Jay Graham ran wild? If so, was there. Little sacked fat boy to close out the game. I was sitting in the end zone. Kitchens missed a WIDE open WR that would have won the game.

Was that the game where Jay Graham ran wild? If so, was there. Little sacked fat boy to close out the game. I was sitting in the end zone. Kitchens missed a WIDE open WR that would have won the game.

Yep it was. They had contained our offense all day
except for two play almost.

I'm pretty young compared to most people here, but even I remember the days when UT was always ranked really high. Had some great games vs Bama and UF throughout the years. Don't worry, good days are coming.

Reactions: 3 people
I watched the 92 game against Florida that we won in the rain on Rocky Top and the the south Bend miracle. So been watching for awhile and have a lot of good memory.

Remember the 8 year win streak against Bama. Believe that was in the 80's. Of course, we beat them every year while Peyton and Tee Martin were there.

I still vividly remember the slant from Manning to Kent that tied it and the toss sweep to Graham that gave us the 20-13 lead that became the final. I remember bald,fatass Brian Burgdorf missing several throws as well. I live for UT Bama,so that game will always be a fond memory. GO VOLS!

Remember the 8 year win streak against Bama. Believe that was in the 80's. Of course, we beat them every year while Peyton and Tee Martin were there.

Never happened in the 80's. Tennessee won 4 in a row. Alabama also won 4 in a row. The series for that decade was Bama 6-4. Tennesse has never won 8 in a row in the series. Bama has won 11 in a row and 7 in a row twice. Of course we are at 6 in a row and counting. Peyton lost as a freshman against Bama. You misremembered.

Never happened in the 80's. Tennessee won 4 in a row. Alabama also won 4 in a row. The series for that decade was Bama 6-4. Tennesse has never won 8 in a row in the series. Bama has won 11 in a row and 7 in a row twice. Of course we are at 6 in a row and counting. Peyton lost as a freshman against Bama. You misremembered.

Peyton didn't start
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 4 people
I remember the first time Peyton manning ever played. It was against UCLA Keith Jackson and Bob greise was calling the game. Jackson's first words was remember the name Peyton manning cause he's going to be a good one.

That's it? You're bringing the thunder.

Come on. It's kind of hard to think back on the 1990s and remember which games Alabama was legit in and which ones they weren't and had to vacate. You really need a violation and Head Coach flow chart.

Reactions: 6 people
In his defense, it's kind of hard to think back on the 1990s and remember which games Alabama was legit in and which ones they weren't and had to vacate.

Scoreboard don't lie. That should be legit enough for any self respecting Bama/Tenn fan.

Scoreboard don't lie. That should be legit enough for any self respecting Bama/Tenn fan.

I'd want it that way too if my guys got caught with their hand in the cookie jar repeatedly like a fat kid stealing twinkles.

Reactions: 5 people
I watching a replay of the 96' Alabama game wow what a great game. We came from 13 down that day to win with 3:13 left. Honestly for me I can't even remember what it feels like to know that we could step on the field with a team like Alabama and actually have a chance to win. I pray that the days of us winning big time games will return soon. :ermm:

the 90s were an anomaly. Tennessee football, while good, was not always like the 90s. that era was first time, not like all time

You did. Ask Tee Martin about it sometime.

We got caught . . . except we didn't.

man, Finebaum was fun back then when Bammers were going apoplectic throwing crap like zoo monkeys trying to pin anything on Fulmer.

Reactions: 2 people
the 90s were an anomaly. Tennessee football, while good, was not always like the 90s. that era was first time, not like all time

The thing is . . . that wasn't a hot few years. the era lasted from 89 through basically 2004. It went on so long that it became the norm. You could even get liberal and say the era was from 1985-2007. I don't have stats, but I'd bet that every year except 1988 we either touched or got very close to the top 10 at some point in the year.

Reactions: 2 people
The 1982 Bama win was amazing. We were not very good that year and they came in as the #2 team in the nation.

a bammer discussing misremembered numbers? :eek:lol: must be drunk

Reactions: 3 people
We got caught . . . except we didn't.

man, Finebaum was fun back then when Bammers were going apoplectic throwing crap like zoo monkeys trying to pin anything on Fulmer.

Stuff like Eric Locke and daddy Juicy, hardly making a dent in fulmer's Teflon. I guess it is who you know.

VN Store

Back