Remembering the good old days.

Go to Hades,Bammerboys! Big Daddy Fulmer and King Peyton OWNED Bammer! I remember all the games like they were yesterday. Peyton didn't lose the 94 game. He split time with Brandon Stewart. The TEAM lost 17-13 if I'm recalling correctly. We drove to yalls 5yd line,but yall had a stout D and managed to keep us out of the endzone. If Peyton had had the 98 D,he would've been 6-0 vs Bammer and gators. Regardless,we beay yall's azzes SEVEN YEARS IN A ROW! WE WON EVERY GAME FROM 95 TO 01! NO OTHER TEAM HAS EVER BEATEN BAMMER MORE! We didn't. have to cheat like yall do. We didn't kill yall's trees when yall had a run of good luck. And we sure don't have to live on yall's website when yall are down so we can feel good about ourselves! Yall cheat and suck. I love it that the table is turning ! VERY SOON,we will be the dominant team in the SEC and this rivalry. I would prefer going 1-11 with a win over yall as going 13-1 and losing! UT-Bama IS college football to me. Enjoy your last few days of winning. and prepare to be Butchered! I'll hang up and let you think of s smartazz,richardheaded comment like a true bammer.Just know you're not safe in Jimtown.Go Vols!

I love fans. When UT won, Manning owned Bama. The game UT lost, the team lost.

I realize Manning didn't start the '94 Bama game, I was there. And the ball was in his hands with the game on the line. Had he pulled it off, I'm willing to bet ALL Vol fans would say he was 4-0 against Bama.

I love fans. When UT won, Manning owned Bama. The game UT lost, the team lost.

I realize Manning didn't start the '94 Bama game, I was there. And the ball was in his hands with the game on the line. Had he pulled it off, I'm willing to bet ALL Vol fans would say he was 4-0 against Bama.

Too bad that didn't happen...then we could argue about it
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person
Too bad that didn't happen...then we could argue about it
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Almost!

I remember Fulmer being upset after the game and hinting that Manning made a mistake or misread, and later Manning said he made the correct read.

I knew then Manning was special.

Was that the game where Jay Graham ran wild? If so, was there. Little sacked fat boy to close out the game. I was sitting in the end zone. Kitchens missed a WIDE open WR that would have won the game.

The dude was wide open, but if you remember the heat was coming up the middle we were throwing the sink at Kitchens.:)

Almost!

I remember Fulmer being upset after the game and hinting that Manning made a mistake or misread, and later Manning said he made the correct read.

We could not have that the coaches, coach Peyton.:eek:lol:

I watching a replay of the 96' Alabama game wow what a great game. We came from 13 down that day to win with 3:13 left. Honestly for me I can't even remember what it feels like to know that we could step on the field with a team like Alabama and actually have a chance to win. I pray that the days of us winning big time games will return soon. :ermm:

We are coming been threw this a time or 2 in 42 years as fan, hang in there we are fixing to be kicking azz on the hill.:good!:

You should take that as your cue to move on.

Very diplomatic Freak, well done.

I on the other hand would have said something like "Hey Tusks, Don't let the door hit ya on your arse on the way out".

Go to Hades,Bammerboys! Big Daddy Fulmer and King Peyton OWNED Bammer! I remember all the games like they were yesterday. Peyton didn't lose the 94 game. He split time with Brandon Stewart. The TEAM lost 17-13 if I'm recalling correctly. We drove to yalls 5yd line,but yall had a stout D and managed to keep us out of the endzone. If Peyton had had the 98 D,he would've been 6-0 vs Bammer and gators. Regardless,we beay yall's azzes SEVEN YEARS IN A ROW! WE WON EVERY GAME FROM 95 TO 01! NO OTHER TEAM HAS EVER BEATEN BAMMER MORE! We didn't. have to cheat like yall do. We didn't kill yall's trees when yall had a run of good luck. And we sure don't have to live on yall's website when yall are down so we can feel good about ourselves! Yall cheat and suck. I love it that the table is turning ! VERY SOON,we will be the dominant team in the SEC and this rivalry. I would prefer going 1-11 with a win over yall as going 13-1 and losing! UT-Bama IS college football to me. Enjoy your last few days of winning. and prepare to be Butchered! I'll hang up and let you think of s smartazz,richardheaded comment like a true bammer.Just know you're not safe in Jimtown.Go Vols!

I just wanted to quote this.

Come on. It's kind of hard to think back on the 1990s and remember which games Alabama was legit in and which ones they weren't and had to vacate. You really need a violation and Head Coach flow chart.

1990-Bama won-HC was Stallings
1991-Bama won-HC was Stallings
1992-Bama won-HC was Stallings
1993-Tie game that Bama later had to vacate-HC was Stallings
1994-Bama won-HC was Stallings
1995-Tennessee won-HC was Stallings
1996-Tennessee won-HC was Stallings-Bama later had to vacate that whole season, not sure how that works when it comes to games that they lost. Surely, they wouldn't take a win away from the other team, but with the NCAA, who knows.
1997-Tennessee won-HC was Dubose
1998-Tennessee won-HC was Dubose-another season where Bama had to vacate some games
1999-Tennessee won-HC was Dubose

The 2000's are even trickier

2000-Tennessee won-HC was Dubose-games were vacated that season as well
2001-Tennessee won-HC was Franchione
2002-Bama won for the first time in nearly a decade-HC was Franchione-I think that was actually a legit Bama win
2003-Tennessee won-HC was Shula
2004-Tennessee won-HC was Shula
2005-Bama won-HC was Shula- Bama had to vacate that win
2006-Tennessee won-HC was Shula-Bama had to vacate the entire season
2007-Bama won-HC was Saban-Bama had to vacate a ton of games that season, but I don't think they had to vacate this one because Saban had already kicked the players who committed the violations off the team. As a matter of fact, the win over us in Saban's first season may be the only game that Bama did not have to vacate.
2008-Bama won-HC was Saban
2009-Bama won-HC was Saban

Since you were unsure on some and incorrect on others, I'll help you out.

1993-Tie game that Bama later had to vacate-HC was Stallings
*We actually had to forfeit all of our wins except for the Gator Bowl win over UNC. So Tennessee officially won the David Palmer game.
1996-Tennessee won-HC was Stallings-Bama later had to vacate that whole season, not sure how that works when it comes to games that they lost. Surely, they wouldn't take a win away from the other team, but with the NCAA, who knows.
*Not sure where you get this. We didn't vacate anything in 1996. But Tennessee won so it doesn't change that fact.
1998-Tennessee won-HC was Dubose-another season where Bama had to vacate some games
*Like '96, I'm not sure where you're getting that Bama vacated any wins.

The 2000's are even trickier

2000-Tennessee won-HC was Dubose-games were vacated that season as well
*I can see where you might be confused looking at the record, but Bama legitmately went 3-8 that year. Nothing was vacated.
2002-Bama won for the first time in nearly a decade-HC was Franchione-I think that was actually a legit Bama win
*You think right.
2007-Bama won-HC was Saban-Bama had to vacate a ton of games that season, but I don't think they had to vacate this one because Saban had already kicked the players who committed the violations off the team. As a matter of fact, the win over us in Saban's first season may be the only game that Bama did not have to vacate.
*Mostly correct. Bama only has two wins on that season: against Tennessee and the Independence Bowl against Colorado.

Last edited:
Gotta love this place. There is one thread raising the question of firing Coach Jones after a season, then another thread trashing Bama as if they were coming off of a winless season! :D

Every time I sign in you always tell me, "Welcome TUSKtimes, it's good to see you again." It's almost like you don't mean it?

Score one for Captain Obvious. Now disappear, DoucheTimes. I'm about to give you the same treatment I gave BaggerWriter - the ignore button. Sayonara, beeeoch!!!

Almost!

Pretty sure coach Cut defended Peyton on that. He said he did what I coached em to do. Throw towards the blitzing side.

Pretty sure coach Cut defended Peyton on that. He said he did what I coached em to do. Throw towards the blitzing side.

You are correct. Peyton was starting his third game, as a true freshman, vs. Alabama. The Tide countered with Jay Barker, a senior quarterback, who had led 'bama to the national championship in '92. (Yes, I know that their great defense deserves the lion's share of the credit for that title.) Even with Peyton's talent, there was an enormous discrepancy in experience at the most important position on the field. Nevertheless, we still came very close to defeating them.

Reactions: 2 people
You are correct. Peyton was starting his third game, as a true freshman, vs. Alabama. The Tide countered with Jay Barker, a senior quarterback, who had led 'bama to the national championship in '92. (Yes, I know that their great defense deserves the lion's share of the credit for that title.) Even with Peyton's talent, there was an enormous discrepancy in experience at the most important position on the field. Nevertheless, we still came very close to defeating them.

Thanks.

I've tried pretty hard to erase ":beerf:" a couple of seasons since then. Glad to know I've retained some things.

Almost!

Boca? That you? Did you really just post something about UT or one of its players where you didn't hate? Wow.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back