Rickea Jackson

She'll get another 12 days of healing time until the next game.
But only one more chance at game minutes before SEC season. 8-10 mins won't be helpful in knocking rust off nor in getting back in game flow or shape. Sounds like more of a feel good appearance to cheer everyone up, most of all RJ. So nothing wrong w that.

Sure hope she's well enough to get meaningful minutes at Liberty. Practice will help, but that's not game minutes. Hate to ask her to show up at Auburn after not playing for two months and save the season.

Again, I'm sure the best decision for her is being made.

Last edited:
Something I've wondered about. Key had blood clots on her lungs, which I had when I was about forty five or fifty, and I was in the hospital for two days and I was on blood thinners for a few weeks, taken off them ALL while returning to work at a very physical job. How come Key, who should have been in shape, hasn't gotten back to game shape for so long. IT doesn't make sense that the coaching staff hasn't had her at least learning to shoot short jumpers or teaching her to keep the ball above her head so guards can't grab hold of the ball. Has she really been unable to not do anything for so long. Just asking

Something I've wondered about. Key had blood clots on her lungs, which I had when I was about forty five or fifty, and I was in the hospital for two days and I was on blood thinners for a few weeks, taken off them ALL while returning to work at a very physical job. How come Key, who should have been in shape, hasn't gotten back to game shape for so long. IT doesn't make sense that the coaching staff hasn't had her at least learning to shoot short jumpers or teaching her to keep the ball above her head so guards can't grab hold of the ball. Has she really been unable to not do anything for so long. Just asking
As hesitant as I am to respond, based on your general interactions on the board, I’ll share what I’ve learned over the past year. First issue is variance in severity and cause. Tamari being extremely tall adds a level of complexity for this specific ailment. One needs also to consider her attending physicians had specific experience working with Trey Smith as he sought to return to health having battled a similar issue. He’s currently an All Pro guard for the KC Chiefs.

It’s on the player to do what needs to be done, but I don’t know what she’s been doing. But it’s good to know the process one has to take when going through the same condition,

It’s on the player to do what needs to be done, but I don’t know what she’s been doing. But it’s good to know the process one has to take when going through the same condition,

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Apparently, Kellie read your post and decided to modify her original plan.😉

Well thank goodness the 18-20 turned out to be the case. Because there is rust to be knocked, esp from the shot. KJH said they actually played her a little more than planned, wanted to push her. Onward and upward from here, hopefully.

Well for God's sakes, let me post about a couple of other things. Starting with that horrendous end of quarter "play".

I do appreciate KJH not letting me and my game buddy down. We were pretty fired up.
Funny, we had a lot of success with that play when Jordan was running it and I suppose Kellie and company are wanting to replicate that but Jordan was a huge guard and Powell is a tiny guard which means she is usually lost in the trees with 3 seconds.

In the future, just give the damn ball to Rickea and clear out. I will live or die with her making the final play.

In the future, just give the damn ball to Rickea and clear out. I will live or die with her making the final play.
Like at Missouri last year. KJH knows and does this when the game is on the line. But all them other butt ugly end of clock things are just painful. Starts when JP is still dribbling way out in the hinterlands with 5 secs on the clock. Start the fultility at about 8 or 9 seconds at least.

Watching the replay, really nice moment I missed in person when RJ took the court the first time. A little wave to the crowd and smile in response to the big cheer. She clearly appreciated the welcome.

RJ wasn't thinking about the cheer she got when she came out for the last time though, she was burned the heck up about all the missed shots, She's a competitor and a half.

I just hope the lower leg upon which any hope of a decent season rests is ok this morning.

Everybody is better and more confident when Rickea can play. I don't know why, but you can see it on the players faces a lot of the tension you been seeing is gone.
I know why, lol, because those swarming, swatting double teams are on her and not you. Magic potion for your offensive game.

Last night I watched Rickea being the captain and meeting w the refs pregame, then later the others in presser refered to RJ as "our leader". Made me think that whatever happens w KJH, there's one thing very important she does incredibly well - people. Think about RJ one year ago, and look at her now. Kellie is a great big winner with people. Might not be enough in the end, but it's a real credit to her.

Rickea Jackson is scheduled to appear on the Erik Ainge Show with Brian Rice tomorrow (Monday the 22nd) around 11am. Should be an interesting interview.

She's fine, BTW. She had a pretty bad asthma attack and had to sit out the fourth quarter. The bye week comes at a good time.

Last edited:
Rickea Jackson is scheduled to appear on the Erik Ainge Show with Brian Rice tomorrow (Monday the 22nd). Between 9 am and Noon. Should be an interesting interview.

She's fine, BTW. She had a pretty bad asthma attack and had to sit out the fourth quarter. The bye week comes at a good time.
Wait, are you hinting at some kind of announcement? She's coming back for a 6th yr!!!

Seriously, I'm glad she's ok. It wasn't fun to watch.

VN Store

Back