Riggs Thinking Heisman??

I hope this doesnt turn into another cedric benson situation where he's more worried about the dang heisman than our team making a championship or bcs game....as long as he keeps his head on straight thats fine but once its him over the team then ill get angry :D

With Riggs, that could be his goal for a greak out year. He's hungry and he's due.

I don't think that Riggs has a chance to get the heisman. With lineheart returning, He can have his lowest perductive year to date and still win it. But the best running back award could be his. Also I dont think it will turn into a Cedric Benson type thing. He just needs to pick up the blitz better and he will be fine.

Having hopes of contending for the "Hypes"man is no crime as long as he doesn't start calling himself the "future" and plays team ball.

The difference in Riggs from 2003 to 2004 was startling. In 2003 I was wondering if he was even going to stay in football. It was like he went from a 12 year old to a 30 year old overnight as far as maturity goes. He definitely has the natural skills to be in the running for the heisman. He backed up everything he said he was going to do in 2004 which surprised me and I believe he can do what he says he can do in 2005. The only thing is that he and me don't do the voting. TN never gets any respect.

The Heisman Trophy means nothing except for showing who ESPN likes. If Peyton hadn't played for UT HE'D have won the Heisman.

And I know that's old news, but I'm STILL ticked off about it.

Charles Woodson. Please.

Good for Riggs. There is nothing wrong with setting those goals for himself. Personally, I think that he can reach the 1500 yard mark next year if he is injury free. I hope that he has many games like the SECCG. I loved watching him burn the Auburn secondary! I never realized that he had that much speed.

I'm bitter over that as well

As far as Riggs goes.....I think he can do it...Heshowed tons and tons of maturity towards the end of last year and I think he will continue to mature through spring practice and be good enough to get it done next year.....I think he will stay a team player and help us win games and hopefully lead us to another national championship....I do believe that a kid named Adrian Peterson will have something to say about Riggs's Heisman hopes though

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but while Riggs is an outstanding running back, he shouldn't get the Heisman. As much as I love watching him run, he is not the best running back in the country, much less the best player. As much as I dislike the Sooners, Adrian Peterson is probably the best RB in the country. And because they are starting a Green at QB, I'm going to predict that AP wins the Heisman this season.

Only thing I can say to you Milo is this: If being the best player in the nation had anything to do with winning the Heisman....then why did Charles Woodson win it? I'm not flaming you by the way LOL just saying that Peyton should have won it that year

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 16, 2005 2:46 PM
Only thing I can say to you Milo is this: If being the best player in the nation had anything to do with winning the Heisman....then why did Charles Woodson win it? I'm not flaming you by the way LOL just saying that Peyton should have won it that year

Manning wore orange

Peterson wears red

See the difference?

I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but while Riggs is an outstanding running back, he shouldn't get the Heisman. As much as I love watching him run, he is not the best running back in the country,

I agree with you Milo. We may also find that he's not the best runner on the team. He has some bright spots, but overall, he's not much better than an average RB.

BUT, if you're gonna set goals, might as well set them high.

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 16, 2005 5:43 PM
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but while Riggs is an outstanding running back, he shouldn't get the Heisman. As much as I love watching him run, he is not the best running back in the country, much less the best player. As much as I dislike the Sooners, Adrian Peterson is probably the best RB in the country. And because they are starting a Green at QB, I'm going to predict that AP wins the Heisman this season.

First off we'll see how well Peterson does when everyone stacks the line. We'll also see how Riggs does with a healthy O-line and a balanced offense. I'll take Riggs.

Everybody stacked the line on Cedric Benson, and Texas kept winning. I think Peterson can do the same for Oklahoma.

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 16, 2005 5:28 PM
I do believe that a kid named Adrian Peterson will have something to say about Riggs's Heisman hopes though

I think a couple of :censored: named Corso and Herbstrit will have even more to say, and nobody who plays for Tennessee will EVER win the Heistman. They've already proven that. Having said that, I love that Riggs is setting his goals high.

:corso:

Nothing I hate worse then someone pumping themselves up.

You win as a team...not single individuals.

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 16, 2005 5:43 PM
Adrian Peterson is probably the best RB in the country. And because they are starting a Green at QB, I'm going to predict that AP wins the Heisman this season.

All the teams have to do next year is load up on the run against Okie. Don't you think that it's going to be harder for him in the next couple of years? He also won't have that trusty OL that he was used to.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Feb 16, 2005 7:20 PM
All the teams have to do next year is load up on the run against Okie. Don't you think that it's going to be harder for him in the next couple of years? He also won't have that trusty OL that he was used to.

Everybody did the same thing against Texas and Cedric Benson won all their games, except against Michigan. And it's not like Stoops has been asleep at the wheel on recruiting. Oklahoma's got some big boys stepping in.

If Riggs hits the hole hard, reads his blocks, and hangs on to the football, the rest will fall into place. Thinking about a Heistman should be the last thing on any players's mind at this point in the season, including Matt Leinart.

As we all know, the Heistman is given to college football's best QB, except when there is no QB in the running, and in years ending in 1997.

VN Store

Back