RIP Pat Robertson

The country has always been based on Christian principles. It was when we fought Nazis, communists, and even against slavery.

Lol, ok. The question wasn't about what anything was based on but thanks for the laugh. Its inception codified slavery, and you just claimed it's always been based on Christian principles. How can you reconcile the two ideas and pretend Christianity was fighting slavery?

Lol, ok. The question wasn't about what anything was based on but thanks for the laugh. Its inception codified slavery, and you just claimed it's always been based on Christian principles. How can you reconcile the two ideas and pretend Christianity was fighting slavery?

Slavery was around long before the USA in North America.

There absolutely were Christians fighting against slavery.

Slavery was around long before the USA in North America.

There absolutely were Christians fighting against slavery.

These points are meaningless to the conversation. Of course some Christians fought it. They were on both sides of it. Nobody said they invented slavery. I said they institutionalized it when it was their turn to decide the matter.

And nobody is brave enough to give an answer to the original question.

These points are meaningless to the conversation. Of course some Christians fought it. They were on both sides of it. Nobody said they invented slavery. I said they institutionalized it when it was their turn to decide the matter.

And nobody is brave enough to give an answer to the original question.

I said that the Christian values include anti-Nazi, anti-communist, and anti-slavery. US slave ownership carries on for decades longer without the Christian support of abolition. Those Christian values have been, and still are, the backbone of our country. Lucky for you you are not required by law to support Christian principles. Speak out against Islam in the ME and see how that works out for you.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
Me neither.

But both are viewed as evil incarnate that should spend eternity in the seventh circle of hell. Perspectives.

I get a chuckle whenever my Leftist friends rant about a minority of preachers making bank (capitalism) and churches enjoying charitable tax status. But they’re fine with Hollywood glitterati making millions and arts organizations getting those same tax classifications. At least the churches have or fund programs working on issues like hunger and homelessness and poverty while the Kennedy Center is throwing elaborate parties for the elite.

Reactions: Vol since 77
Me neither.

But both are viewed as evil incarnate that should spend eternity in the seventh circle of hell. Perspectives.
Unless the trash posts about Robertson are being deleted a lot quicker than the RBG posts, the rbg vitriol was the worst I've seen.

That's my perspective.

Unless the trash posts about Robertson are being deleted a lot quicker than the RBG posts, the rbg vitriol was the worst I've seen.

That's my perspective.
That’s fair. Everyone has one.

I don’t remember specifics from the RBG thread. Was there worse than “I’m glad she’s dead”, “burn in hell”, etc?

I said that the Christian values include anti-Nazi, anti-communist, and anti-slavery. US slave ownership carries on for decades longer without the Christian support of abolition. Those Christian values have been, and still are, the backbone of our country. Lucky for you you are not required by law to support Christian principles. Speak out against Islam in the ME and see how that works out for you.

When was it a great Christian nation? Give me a year. How hard is this?

When was it a great Christian nation? Give me a year. How hard is this?

Despite the faults, it’s a great nation. Always first in line with humanitarian aid after natural disasters. Mostly supporting freedom. Pushing back on lawlessness. Christian values. So what if they also want to deliver their messages when they can? It sure isn’t “kill the infidels wherever they are@.

It’s still a “Christian nation” as I see it. Even with the idiotic, noisy anti-Christians spewing more crap than any of these TV preachers have ever spoken.

Despite the faults, it’s a great nation. Always first in line with humanitarian aid after natural disasters. Mostly supporting freedom. Pushing back on lawlessness. Christian values. So what if they also want to deliver their messages when they can? It sure isn’t “kill the infidels wherever they are@.

It’s still a “Christian nation” as I see it. Even with the idiotic, noisy anti-Christians spewing more crap than any of these TV preachers have ever spoken.

Cowards, every last one of you. All you have to do is name a year or not talk, but we end up with paragraph after paragraph of defections

Cowards, every last one of you. All you have to do is name a year or not talk, but we end up with paragraph after paragraph of defections

All of them. It should be obvious.

Defections? You might want to try it since there are so many mean Christians as the majority in this one.

All of them. It should be obvious.

Defections? You might want to try it since there are so many mean Christians as the majority in this one.

I'm not talking about Christians. Christians are fine.

I'm talking about idiots who act like everything is so bad now and say **** like "this was once a great Christian nation" and then won't tell you specifically what time they are talking about, because they know they're FOS. That is the convo you threw yourself into

I'm not talking about Christians. Christians are fine.

I'm talking about idiots who act like everything is so bad now and say **** like "this was once a great Christian nation" and then won't tell you specifically what time they are talking about, because they know they're FOS. That is the convo you threw yourself into

The convo that I threw myself into? A day and a half before you showed up to **** on Christians and the country?

I get a chuckle whenever my Leftist friends rant about a minority of preachers making bank (capitalism) and churches enjoying charitable tax status. But they’re fine with Hollywood glitterati making millions and arts organizations getting those same tax classifications. At least the churches have or fund programs working on issues like hunger and homelessness and poverty while the Kennedy Center is throwing elaborate parties for the elite.

Hollywood people don't preach on Sunday morning TV about humility and frugality and tithing to the church while stuffing money in
their pockets and chasing big-chested church ladies around town. Oh, the hypocrisy.

More generally, where comes this notion that we need christianity/religion to have moral values? We don't--it's a ludicrous idea pushed
by religious zealots. Religion is just a global coping mechanism for death--for our mortality.

Hollywood people don't preach on Sunday morning TV about humility and frugality and tithing to the church while stuffing money in
their pockets and chasing big-chested church ladies around town. Oh, the hypocrisy.

More generally, where comes this notion that we need christianity/religion to have moral values? We don't--it's a ludicrous idea pushed
by religious zealots. Religion is just a global coping mechanism for death--for our mortality.

You’re stereotyping the entire church going community based on an extreme minority of instances. BY FAR, they support charities and programs that are great for the country and their communities.

IMG_1789.gif

Reactions: n_huffhines

VN Store

Back