Rumblings that Pruitt will stay if changes made in offensive side

will get a chance to stay for year 4 if he changes his offensive staff. Lets review

Year 1.....he puts his staff together with Tyson Helton as OC........they dont get along so he encourages him to hit the road.
Year 2 and 3.....brings Cheney in and most would say that Gitmo handcuffs the offense but they are a dumpster fire.
Year 4......insert whomever he convinces to come to this sinking ship and we will have a 4th year head coach installing a new offense once again with no quarterback?

Why is this a good idea?
Because he is “working like heck”😁

Someone will post a picture of Gruden drinking a glass of orange juice and somehow it's a sign he's coming to UT....and when he doesn't the fans will be mad at Gruden for trolling.

Did you know Gruden owns property in eastern Tenn?

I am not so sure that Chaney is as good as we want to believe.

1. During his first tenure here, I remember many were frustrated with him and his tendency to abandon the run and get pass-happy and not mix in the run game. I know the response is going to be that during his first tenure here that Dooley sucked and Tyler Bray had a cannon for an arm.

2. When he came back to UT last year, he made a comment in an interview that concerned me. He said he wants to retire in Knoxville. The lack of innovation and adjustments with this offense makes me feel like he has already retired.

The offense has looked stuck in the mud last year and this year. It's very slow for plays to develop and appears to be very vanilla. When you look around the NCAA and NFL, the offensive game has changed but our offense hasn't. The inability of JG aside, has anyone come out and confirmed that it is indeed Coach Pruitt that is holding Chaney back from calling the plays? I know that is the speculation, but have not seen it confirmed.

"stuck int he mud" and "slow to develop" are not characteristics of Chaney's offense. His offense looks bad because the players he is coaching SUCK. His QB is a mental head case. The reason the offense is vanilla is because Chaney cant teach these guys anything remotely complex because they will F is all up on the field.

The offensive line players couldn't stop a dead turtle from getting to the QB and the QB is terrible even when he isn't pressured.

None of this is a condemnation of Chaney or his offensive style. Its a condemnation of the players.

You can criticize this coaching staff's ability to train and develop players. That's a real issue. But Chaney's ability to call a good game when he has players that can execute it an undisputable fact.

It’s a bad idea if you want Freeze.....he will not wait around for 2022

It's possible he does though. He knows he will be in the SEC for 2022; he has the luxury to wait another year. He WANTS the UT job and WANTS to be in the SEC. Covid set everyone back financially and doubtful many coaches get fired or hired. SC and UT are the two most likely schools in the SEC and both have big buyouts for their coach. Depending on how the rest of the season goes he is likely going to one of those two schools. If Pruitt and Muschamp have a couple of good games, they don't get fired. If, however, we end this season as an absolute dumpster fire, I can see us cutting Pruitt. Still a LONG shot though. I've defended Pruitt for a while now, but if this keeps up, he HAS to go. If this is the way we look next year, and Freeze is still up for grabs, I hope we have the balls to go get him.

If he goes to SC, that's very bad for us. Hire Freeze sooner, or lose to him later. THAT's what is on the line for us.

will get a chance to stay for year 4 if he changes his offensive staff. Lets review

Year 1.....he puts his staff together with Tyson Helton as OC........they dont get along so he encourages him to hit the road.
Year 2 and 3.....brings Cheney in and most would say that Gitmo handcuffs the offense but they are a dumpster fire.
Year 4......insert whomever he convinces to come to this sinking ship and we will have a 4th year head coach installing a new offense once again with no quarterback?

Why is this a good idea?

Too many BS threads to deal with but hey, why not another. The rumblings you hear are the soggy onion burgers you ate last night at Krystal.

OMG this is laughable. People come up with the craziest ideas because they cannot deal with reality.
Pruitt has been telling the truth the whole time. Tennessee has ZERO QBs that can win games now. JG is clearly the best among them and he is terrible. People think HB will lead them to the promised land with ZERO proof of this other than his star ranking coming out of high school.

Pruitt already stated that he didn't want to throw HB to the wolves as a freshman because he claims this is what Butch Jones did to JG and that's why JG is mentally f*@ed in the head.

All the truth is out there but people just dont want to listen but rather believe in crazy theories. The real issue is this coaching staff has done ZERO to develop any of these players or these players are just flat out terrible.

I can believe every part of this, but the difference now is that we have a much better offensive line than we did when JG was getting driven into the turf.

"stuck int he mud" and "slow to develop" are not characteristics of Chaney's offense. His offense looks bad because the players he is coaching SUCK. His QB is a mental head case. The reason the offense is vanilla is because Chaney cant teach these guys anything remotely complex because they will F is all up on the field.

The offensive line players couldn't stop a dead turtle from getting to the QB and the QB is terrible even when he isn't pressured.

None of this is a condemnation of Chaney or his offensive style. Its a condemnation of the players.

You can criticize this coaching staff's ability to train and develop players. That's a real issue. But Chaney's ability to call a good game when he has players that can execute it an undisputable fact.

Yes they are stuck in the mud and the offense is very slow to develop. Put our offense side by side with another 2-4 SEC team and tell me that they don't look slow. The stats don't lie, especially the second half stats. I am tired of hearing about it being Butch's player's fault. Good coaches find a way to adjust, to attack, to put their players in a position to make plays. This offense leaves a lot to be desired. Yeah JG sucks, but there is no innovation with this offense. It's the same results each time. Chaney doesn't have a good QB, so find a way to move the ball down the field.

I will give you an example of what he is missing that is clearly there for the taking. On 2nd and 5,6, or 7 yards to go, Chaney will typically send the receiver in motion. I have noticed that no one is honoring this receiver. The reason that I notice this is because my Chiefs, other NFL teams, even Clemson run a jet sweep pass to make the defense honor that motion receiver. Here is a 9 second clip of the jet sweep pass. This is there all day and doesn't take a top tier QB to execute. I know you can't run this all day, but this is an example of being innovative, identifying where the defense is lacking position, and attacking. I do not see (1) innovation; (2) adjustments to the defense; (3) attack in a Jim Chaney offense. I see the same plays that do not work. JG throwing a wing and a prayer downfield hoping someone will catch it. Last year JJ, Calloway, and Palmer would bail him out. That is not there this year.

I can believe every part of this, but the difference now is that we have a much better offensive line than we did when JG was getting driven into the turf.

I do not believe this is true. I think we SHOULD have a better OL, but we do not.

I am just throwing this out here bc I have read it on here and heard from people outside of here that the reason JG is so hard to dethrone is because Pruitts hands are tied. Something about how JG was recruited and some dirt they have on UT.
iu

You can bet the farm someone will get on here at claim inside knowledge that Dabo or Pete Carroll are finalizing their contracts with Fulmer......announcement coming soon
Cool, I knew Dabo was coming I was just waiting for someone to confirm it.

Prepare to lose to south carolina every year if they get freeze. We will literally become equal to vandy if we keep pruitt and let freeze go to south carolina. Freeze will dominate pruitt in his first year with a worse roster. Then freeze will turn south carolina into an sec east contender. Facts.

I'm going to climb out on a limb here and predict that Fulmer would leave before Pruitt.

It's pretty much a given. Fulmer extended him prior to the season, he's not going to to fire him now, and most likely not ever because he's stubborn and is too emotionally entwined with the idea of a coach being unnecessarily fired.

Fulmer is here through 2021 when he is asked to resign again, Pruitt is here till some point in the 2022 season when the dumpster reaches ~2750 F and the sides start collapsing into the fire.

Reactions: TennesseeTarheel

Why is this a good idea?
Hopefully he hires Freeze or Briles as OC. Next year he's gone and we have our new HC on campus.

Reactions: LordBolton
Its a good idea because that means Pruitt is for sure fired next year and we can start coaching search threads full of fake insider info.
Unfortunately, that is the most exciting part of UT football at this point....the coaching searches and "insiders".

Reactions: FLVOL_79
I'm sure we'll see some staff turnover this off season but it will be guys jumping ship to other positions. Pruitt isn't going to find anyone worth a damn willing to come for possibly a 1 year stint before getting fired.

Reactions: preacherwebb

Why is this a good idea?
Adds more buyout money but whatever, go for it Fulmer. I'm still a UT fan but I'm emotionally checked out

VN Store

Back