Rumblings that Pruitt will stay if changes made in offensive side

I’m not sold on Cheney. GA folks were glad to see him go. Myy as my TN fans glad to see him go when he was here before. I still think he gets a lot of mileage out of the fact the he was Drew Brees’ coach

That was 20 years ago.

Reactions: FLVOL_79
will get a chance to stay for year 4 if he changes his offensive staff. Lets review

Year 1.....he puts his staff together with Tyson Helton as OC........they dont get along so he encourages him to hit the road.
Year 2 and 3.....brings Cheney in and most would say that Gitmo handcuffs the offense but they are a dumpster fire.
Year 4......insert whomever he convinces to come to this sinking ship and we will have a 4th year head coach installing a new offense once again with no quarterback?

Why is this a good idea?

It's not

I’m not sold on Cheney. GA folks were glad to see him go. Myy as my TN fans glad to see him go when he was here before. I still think he gets a lot of mileage out of the fact the he was Drew Brees’ coach

That was 20 years ago.
Boy, they've really done a lot since he left. Dropped from 14 to 49th last year, as Fromm's effectiveness and efficiency fell off a cliff. They're down to 60th this year despite all of their talent. I was sad to see him go the first time, given we had our best offensive season in what felt like forever. His offense requires a competent QB, something we just don't have right now. That is on Pruitt and Weinke.

Reactions: Remy
Pruitt won't be fired this year I don't believe,but if next year we see no improvement Coach Fulmer will pull the trigger

Reactions: Remy
seance-table.jpg

newly formed UT coaching search committee....

Reactions: CSVol
Fulmer isn’t going to fire Pruitt. Especially when he gave a contract extension just a few months ago. No matter how bad we do.

Even if we lose every remaining game Pruitt will be head coach next year.

Last edited:
Reactions: ugg
Boy, they've really done a lot since he left. Dropped from 14 to 49th last year, as Fromm's effectiveness and efficiency fell off a cliff. They're down to 60th this year despite all of their talent. I was sad to see him go the first time, given we had our best offensive season in what felt like forever. His offense requires a competent QB, something we just don't have right now. That is on Pruitt and Weinke.

You think having From made Cheney look better?

I don't see us firing Pruitt so we need to get behind him and stop the negativity. As much as I hate it and agree that we should fire him.

The main issue is who do we hire to replace him? Not a lot of options out there. Matt Campbell at Iowa State might be our best bet or perhaps bring back Mark Richt.

So we should just stop posting about Volunteer football until he is actually fired? You do realize that the discussion topics are directly reciprocal to the product that Pruitt puts out on the field each week, right?

Reactions: preacherwebb
Anyone excited about having Jim Chaney, please give me the reasons you think he has any idea about an effective offense.

In my opinion, he has the most boring offense in the conference. Since he has been here, nothing has changed. Of course, his QB coach is every bit as incompetent.

Any defensive coordinator probably laughs at the suggestion they should worry about our offense. It as predictable as a offense can be.

I tried to be patient, but it has run out. It is senseless to continue watching out team hit the field, knowing we have little chance of having an offense which can score many points at all. It is not only ineffective and boring, we do not improve at all, and it wears our defense out.

Pruitt won't be fired this year I don't believe,but if next year we see no improvement Coach Fulmer will pull the trigger

Hopefully Fulmer goes right before Pruitt, can't let the man hire another coach.

You think having From made Cheney look better?
No, I think Chaney made Fromm look better. Fromm was the perfect game manager in 2018. In 2019, they asked him to do more, and he couldn't do it. He threw the ball 79 more times to gain 111 extra yards. Yards per attempt went from 9.0 to 7.4, completion % from over 67% to under 61%, also threw 6 less touchdowns in 2019 despite more attempts.

Hopefully Fulmer goes right before Pruitt, can't let the man hire another coach.
So every AD in the country should be fired if a coach they hire doesn't work out?? Coach Fulmer hired who he thought was the best option considering the mess of a coaching search we were going through. Coach Fulmer is a great man and brought us a National Championship, he doesn't deserve the hate he gets on here.

So every AD in the country should be fired if a coach they hire doesn't work out?? Coach Fulmer hired who he thought was the best option considering the mess of a coaching search we were going through. Coach Fulmer is a great man and brought us a National Championship, he doesn't deserve the hate he gets on here.

No, not every who makes 1 bad hire should be fired. An AD who prematurely extends a coach that hasn't demonstrated whether he's a good hire or not should be fired.

Fulmer got paid for the NC he won, he's been thanked enough.

Reactions: VolArmy74
Its a good idea because that means Pruitt is for sure fired next year and we can start coaching search threads full of fake insider info.
The problem is though that by the time you go on a couple dates with a girl you know if there’s chemistry there or not. You don’t need 4 or 5 dates. We’re on the third date and it’s a bigger disaster than the first one. Why drag this out? Time for a new girlfriend.

Fulmer won't be fired for hiring Pruitt. He's going to be fired for costing UT an extra $5 million dollars by extending him 2 years without warrant.

Last edited:
It’s freeze or bust. I’m just a west Tennessean what do I know? My opinion get another loser that doesn’t know the sec or keep this glorified coordinater
OR
Suck it up and hire Hugh and show the world redemption. I still hold UT to the beating bama standard. I’m not ready to lower it. But if we don’t hire freeze I’ll quit on them. Not that anyone cares but I shouldn’t wanna win more than them right?

No, not every who makes 1 bad hire should be fired. An AD who prematurely extends a coach that hasn't demonstrated whether he's a good hire or not should be fired.

Fulmer got paid for the NC he won, he's been thanked enough.
Not even going to respond

VN Store

Back