RUMOR- Bruce Pearl Resigning (Quashed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If CBP is to resign, he will probably end up in the Siberian division II league.

Not many, if any major program looking for a HBC will make an offer to CBP right now.

If he leaves, it'll suck. I hope we're willing to shell out the money that is required to get an uber awesome coach to replace him.

Also, if CBP leaves...can he take his son too?

Bruce Pearl made it one game further in the tournament than Jerry Green. That's reality.

I do agree with you about CBP not being bigger than the program, but Jerry Geen wasn't that great. I know you were using him to make a point, It just brought up memories about him and most not good.

I do agree with you about CBP not being bigger than the program, but Jerry Geen wasn't that great. I know you were using him to make a point, It just brought up memories about him and most not good.

Why? He won 2 East Titles (when UK was significantly better than the UK teams Pearl has competed against besides this past year) and made 4 straight trips to the 'AAs. That's what everybody uses as evidence that Pearl's the greatest coach on the planet.

Nah, we should let you and the rest of the clowns in the Bruce Pearl Hallelujah Choir pick the next coach. You guys are such outstanding judges of character.

Guess the crystal ball shop was low on supplies. Maybe you can let us borrow yours.

We need a moment, a moment in time. a moment when some vol fan will stand up,stand up and give a speech, speak with such elegance and love to make us all cry and hunger for the days of old. Where are are you vol fan?, your time has arrived, bring us vols back together back to the day where we held hands and sung rocky top and when we cut ourselfs we bled orange.

"If not for some unfortunate circumstances, Kevin O'Neill would have actually been a winning coach here rather than a total failure. Final Fours I tell ya!"

"If not for some unfortunate circumstances, Kevin O'Neill would have actually been a winning coach here rather than a total failure. Final Fours I tell ya!"

Thank goodness he was fired. Green was able to come in with the trash O'Neil recruited and take Tennessee to Sweet 16's. Oh, wait.

"Guys, Pearl ain't all that, we were relevant in the mid '70s."

Yea, it's not like Don Devoe made 5 straight 'AA appearances to go along with a SEC Tournament championship, and it's not like Green made 4 straight trips with 2 East Championships and swept UK in one of the seasons to clinch it. Keep showing how much you know.

"Guys, Pearl ain't all that, we were relevant in the mid '70s."

And in the late 90's
And in a period from the mid 60's-early 80's
And in the 40's and 50's
And in the 30's

We've been relevant for more periods than just from 2005-2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back