Ryan Williams, typical Alabama thug

I never said we didn't but I'm not blind to someone suggesting something off the wall crazy like turning the police loose to just beat whomever they think needs beating.

We hear what we want to hear. I choose to believe that they have the backing to do their jobs as is expected when a person resists arrest, which hasn’t been the case in certain cities since the George Floyd riots became a trend.

We hear what we want to hear. I choose to believe that they have the backing to do their jobs as is expected when a person resists arrest, which hasn’t been the case in certain cities since the George Floyd riots became a trend.
Then back to the original pearl clutching post about "Kill Everybody."

I choose to believe the kid is just looking for motivation and not literal at all. Since we get to choose, that's what that means and everybody else is just full of crap for reading it differently.

Makes sense, eh?

Reactions: adam.vol
Meh, I see what can trigger people but on the other hand this is a kid playing football. Maybe he could use a little better judgment but what 17 year old kid doesn't ? I think this is a big to do about nothing however I would expect players to get a talking to about their images and the true messages they want to send out. Being a star athlete gives you a podium and a lot of eyes are on you. How do you wanna use that platform ?

Reactions: adam.vol
Then back to the original pearl clutching post about "Kill Everybody."

I choose to believe the kid is just looking for motivation and not literal at all. Since we get to choose, that's what that means and everybody else is just full of crap for reading it differently.

Makes sense, eh?

Yes, it makes perfect sense. Using strong language is very polarizing. You may think you’re taking up a cause in good fun, but you’ll find yourself on the other side of the line facing folks who believe that someone is threatening their very existence. We need to be more careful about what we advertise.

There are people who are going to vote against Trump because he called for violence. There are other people who are going to vote for him because the Democratic Party has collectively ignored the laws that bind our nation. Do you want crime under control or do you want it widespread and rampant? Biden’s regime has let it get out of control. Now it’s likely going to get ugly as it takes more effort to fix something that’s broken than it does to maintain it.

This isn't the forum but what's odd is that you can't call balls and strikes fairly in politics anymore.

If you are critical of the candidate you support about ANYTHING, you're immediately a traitor to the cause. It's bizarre. It's like "our guy is always right, no matter what."

Yeah. He's not. He's good, but he's given to saying some outrageous crap now and then.

Hey guys, thanks for all the comments in response to my original post. Taken by itself the wording is dumb for a player to display and he IS only 17 years old. BUT:

1. 7 days before 5 people were killed in a drive by shooting 40 miles up the road in Birmingham. If any of his defenders had a sister or GF as one of the victims it would probably change your opinion

2. He plays for Alabama. Last year a Tide BB player shot and killed a young woman on the strip in Tuscaloosa. Their star player brought the gun to the shooter. Their coaches response: "wrong place at wrong time," If any school should be sensitive to gun violence it should be the Turd.

3. This young man is from Saraland, a suburb of Mobile. Last year Mobile was ranked the second most violent city in the country. Birmingham was #3. For the record Memphis was #1, but I haven't seen a Vol player with a Kill Everybody inscription on the field.

4. This is a young black man; black people make up 13% of the population and commit 55% of the murders. Not exactly the example for black youth that anyone wants a tremendously talented young man to set. I agree with someone who placed a lot of the blame on the coaches for not calling him out and removing the saying.

2 points: as someone mentioned I blame the coaches who aren't 17 years old for allowing him to display this saying.

Second if anyone thinks I have something of prejudiced thinking for Alabama players, especially black, I vigorously defended Cornelius Bennett in this very forum recently when one of our posters accused him of deliberately injuring Tony Robinson in the 85 game. I was there, it was a player making a play. If you want to blame anything blame the shoddy turf at Legion Field.

Doubling down. Bold strategy, Cotton.

It seems that there are a lot of Biden/Harris supporters on the forum. The word racial is being used way too ****ing much. **** that ****.

Hard to deny the notion that almost every time the word "thug" is used these days, it's by an old, white dude in reference to a young, black dude.

It's a coward's public, veiled application of the hard R.

Reactions: NashVol11

VN Store

Back