Ryan Williams, typical Alabama thug

It looks to be in poor taste given recent events and it could have an effect on his draft status if he is good enough to go into the NFL.

In the end he is a young man who does not understand how actions like that can seem cool now but have an adverse consequence’s later.
Uh ,no.

It's from a football movie made in the 90s called The Program.

Stop trying to stir up nonsense.
you really think he is referencing a movie that came out 5 years before he was born. that has a 43% positive review rate by viewers on Rotten Tomatoes, and at least I hadn't heard of before, yet alone the line from it? Has he referenced that movie in other ways?

I agree its nonsense, but your argument here is stretched.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
you really think he is referencing a movie that came out 5 years before he was born. that has a 43% positive review rate by viewers on Rotten Tomatoes, and at least I hadn't heard of before, yet alone the line from it? Has he referenced that movie in other ways?

I would guess a lot of kids today whose lives are all about football have seen The Program. It was terrible in the 90s too, and we all liked it because football was life.

I would guess a lot of kids today whose lives are all about football have seen The Program. It was terrible in the 90s too, and we all liked it because football was life.

Fun Vol tie-in fact, they filmed some of the game action for the movie during the halftime of Tennessee's game at South Carolina in 1992.

100%. It's not even really an argument. It literally follows a college football team and the drama that comes with being CFB player.

Outside of biopics (Rudy, Greater, Blind Side), HS football movies and Waterboy there are very few CFB movies. It helps that this one is hilarious and not PG-13.

Coach: "What's your assignment?"
Player: "Hit the tight end so hard it kills his girlfriend" 😂

Because I grew up in the 90’s and this was something our society taught us to condemn, when bombings and school shootings were the headlines at least once a year.

When someone starts advertising mass violence, you’re supposed to care before the action is taken. Something is wrong when you think it’s cute and no big deal.

Painting “kill everyone” on your face isn’t so thuggish as it is cultish. It’s a very sick thing to do.

Like casting pearls before swine with you. In other words, you are a waste of time and breath and way beyond reasoning logically with.

What he did was wrong and if anyone on here engaged in that type of behavior before the public, would be imprisoned.
Intersting you quoted scripture bc the Jesus I serve would never think to say one of His creations is "a waste of time and breath," Christ is about love and warmth. So which one is it? Am I not worthy of Jesus bc I'm flawed or am I worthy to accept Him and thus follow His Word? You took it there so I am asking you. Remember, "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." Romans 3:23, that includes you. and no Ryan Williams is not a "thug," bc of a stupid motivational mantra. you goofball.

Reactions: VolNExile
Hey guys, thanks for all the comments in response to my original post. Taken by itself the wording is dumb for a player to display and he IS only 17 years old. BUT:

1. 7 days before 5 people were killed in a drive by shooting 40 miles up the road in Birmingham. If any of his defenders had a sister or GF as one of the victims it would probably change your opinion

2. He plays for Alabama. Last year a Tide BB player shot and killed a young woman on the strip in Tuscaloosa. Their star player brought the gun to the shooter. Their coaches response: "wrong place at wrong time," If any school should be sensitive to gun violence it should be the Turd.

3. This young man is from Saraland, a suburb of Mobile. Last year Mobile was ranked the second most violent city in the country. Birmingham was #3. For the record Memphis was #1, but I haven't seen a Vol player with a Kill Everybody inscription on the field.

4. This is a young black man; black people make up 13% of the population and commit 55% of the murders. Not exactly the example for black youth that anyone wants a tremendously talented young man to set. I agree with someone who placed a lot of the blame on the coaches for not calling him out and removing the saying.

2 points: as someone mentioned I blame the coaches who aren't 17 years old for allowing him to display this saying.

Second if anyone thinks I have something of prejudiced thinking for Alabama players, especially black, I vigorously defended Cornelius Bennett in this very forum recently when one of our posters accused him of deliberately injuring Tony Robinson in the 85 game. I was there, it was a player making a play. If you want to blame anything blame the shoddy turf at Legion Field.

Reactions: BigOrangeGirl
Considering the barrage of verbal feces which comes from mouths of politicians during this season while we still consider them "leaders" and "the kind of people we need leading the nation," maybe the OP should consider what we accept as normal discourse these days and see where the young learned to talk like this.

Considering the barrage of verbal feces which comes from mouths of politicians during this season while we still consider them "leaders" and "the kind of people we need leading the nation," maybe the OP should consider what we accept as normal discourse these days and see where the young learned to talk like this.

But….black people commit a bunch of crimes, and this kid comes from a crime-infested neighborhood where black people commit crimes all day.

How can he not be a thug, a typical Alabama thug to be precise?

But….black people commit a bunch of crimes, and this kid comes from a crime-infested neighborhood where black people commit crimes all day.

How can he not be a thug, a typical Alabama thug to be precise?
I forget. If you're a young black man, you're scary and can't possibly do anything threatening. If you're a politician, go ahead and incite crazies to shoot at people or storm buildings...... you're a potential leader.

Pretty crazy overreaction to a kid just hyping himself up for a football game. When he starts wearing: protected by Smith and Wesson, I suppose it will be okay. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: Lawrence Wright
Here are the original maxims of General Neyland. It's an aggressive game. You want the guys to be ready to fight, run over, and dominate everybody.

General Neyland was hardly a thug. He understood motivation.

Whats lawless about it? The author’s fantasy or the Trump quote?

It is legal for law enforcement to use force.
Then, since it's legal for law enforcement to use force, why is Trump calling for "just one rough day?"

He's clearly calling for "sending a message" via thuggish tactics by law enforcement, like authoritarian regimes do in other countries.

Why "just one rough day" if law enforcement already can and do rightly use force?

Then, since it's legal for law enforcement to use force, why is Trump calling for "just one rough day?"

He's clearly calling for "sending a message" via thuggish tactics by law enforcement, like authoritarian regimes do in other countries.

Why "just one rough day" if law enforcement already can and do rightly use force?

Because under the current administration, there are lawless places in our country. We need a change in leadership.

One really rough day of violence from our law enforcement officers will change all that.

After that one rough, violent day, the bad guys will no longer break the law.

Do you believe that? I think maybe the bad guys will try to be more conspicuous when breaking the law. Maybe not doing it in mobs, which is easy to spot and track.

VN Store

Back