'25 SC DB Onis Konanbanny (Tennessee commit)

Okay we'll come back to this when he's a Vol ✌️. In today's market players are commiting to NIL, culture and coaching. Not NFL players lol.
Well the NFL players are a by-product of the coaching aspect.

It certainly matters

“It is really Florida State and Tennessee right now, they are kind of neck and neck,” Konanbanny said of this.
He visits North Carolina this upcoming weekend, then LSU, before returning to Tennessee during the weekend of June 21st. It will be an important visit in his process.
“I have really seen everything that I need to see,” Konanbanny said of that visit. “It is really about getting my mom here and letting her see everything and seeing if she is comfortable. It feels like family here, and I have been here like six times already, so yeah. I want her to see that her son is going to be taken care of and around loads of people that are going to take care of him and have a great impact on his life.
“They have been telling me they are my day one,” Konanbanny said of this. “They have never gave up on me, and they seen me, my potential and the fit before anyone did. They were my first Power 5 SEC offer, and ever since then, they have been rocking with me. They seen the potential before everyone else did.”
m.ray

On Thursday, we caught up with Onis Konanbanny. He maintained FSU is his leader, but noted the Vols are right there. Konanbanny was with his team for a campus tour on Wednesday and back again on Thursday for 7v7. He was impressive all day long, and multiple Tennessee staffers were there to show him attention. Florida State’s visit was very personable and went about as well as it could have, but the Vols will get his last visit in June, and this could go a long way, in our estimation.
-VQ

I’m pretty sure Matt Ray started as a poster on Vol Nation. I forget his screen name, but remember he was always posting great content then got a job offer somewhere covering recruiting small scale and now he the best. Good job Matt!
My son went to grad school with Matt. Really good guy. Not sure how well known it is that he is the son of VFL Steve " In the way" Ray of basketball fame.

My son went to grad school with Matt. Really good guy. Not sure how well known it is that he is the son of VFL Steve " In the way" Ray of basketball fame.

I am good friends with Matt and graduated high school with him. Also played football, baseball, and basketball with him. Steve is not his dad lol his dad’s name is Dale.

Cool story time: Matt went to school to be a RN, finished school, but decided he wanted to cover the Vols. My brother in law made him a fake media pass that worked to get him into recruiting showcases and the rest is history.

I am good friends with Matt and graduated high school with him. Also played football, baseball, and basketball with him. Steve is not his dad lol his dad’s name is Dale.

Cool story time: Matt went to school to be a RN, finished school, but decided he wanted to cover the Vols. My brother in law made him a fake media pass that worked to get him into recruiting showcases and the rest is history.
Dale yeah

Welp, that was the story I got from my son. Oh well!

😂

VN Store

Back