Scenarios in which UT finishes in the Final Top 10 THIS YEAR!

Problem is UT won't move up a lot because everyone expects UT to beat Wisconsin. You need to upset someone good to advance in the polls IMO.

Problem is UT won't move up a lot because everyone expects UT to beat Wisconsin. You need to upset someone good to advance in the polls IMO.
Sorry, I thought you were telling me to dream on regarding my avatar... :peace2:

How could we end up in the top 10?

...hmmmm....let me think...

Well...first of all... hell would have to freeze over....

Then, Rush Limbaugh would need to become a tree huggin' hippy liberal...who doesn't abuse prescription pills

Next, Tim Tebow would need to quit football to pursue a career in classical ballet

Finally, everyone in front of us would have to lose bad....and by everyone I mean all 15 teams ahead of us...

Those are the only chain of events I see that would lead to us finishing in the top 10

They add a couple of additional games after the bowl game in which TN plays LA Monroe and Youngstown St. while the people currently ranked ahead of us participate in a blind drawing in which they will play one of the other teams ranked higher than us in both games, thus eliminating one another.

So this is where we're at. Tennessee Vols trying to crack the Top 10 instead of shooting for number one.

So this is where we're at. Tennessee Vols trying to crack the Top 10 instead of shooting for number one.
exactly, we've got bandwagon man and some cronies sifting through every imaginable permutation and combination of outcomes that might let our 4 loss squad into the Top 10. Stupendous.

Anyone voting us into the top 10 after the thunderous beatings we took should have all voting privileges revoked.

exactly, we've got bandwagon man and some cronies sifting through every imaginable permutation and combination of outcomes that might let our 4 loss squad into the Top 10. Stupendous.

Anyone voting us into the top 10 after the thunderous beatings we took should have all voting privileges revoked.

Step 1 complete: Texas beat ASU

Step 2: Mich. State over BC may be the toughest one, but there's still hope even if the Big 10 team blows it! Will update tomorrow if needed.

I think it's pretty goofy too, but if Georgia can argue about deserving a spot in the BCSCG after getting hammered by us and laying a complete egg against SC, I'm not apologizing to anybody about where we might end up being ranked.

How could we end up in the top 10?

...hmmmm....let me think...

Well...first of all... hell would have to freeze over....

Then, Rush Limbaugh would need to become a tree huggin' hippy liberal...who doesn't abuse prescription pills

Next, Tim Tebow would need to quit football to pursue a career in classical ballet

Finally, everyone in front of us would have to lose bad....and by everyone I mean all 15 teams ahead of us...

Those are the only chain of events I see that would lead to us finishing in the top 10

Why is Tim Tebow even relevant? We don't play Florida again this season. You're a Gator-loving kind of fan, IMO. He could always break his arm or something stupid like that--as anyone else who doesn't use a spread run formation (e.g. our QB is our fullback stupidity).

I think it's pretty goofy too, but if Georgia can argue about deserving a spot in the BCSCG after getting hammered by us and laying a complete egg against SC, I'm not apologizing to anybody about where we might end up being ranked.

Exactly... there's all sorts of whippings that have been handed out this season beyond the one we put on the Dawgs and the ones we took from FL, AL, and Cal.

The Georgia win is impressive. If LSU whips tOSU in a title game, our 7-point loss in the SECCG won't look too shabby either.

We need to win and take care of our own game, but the scenario I posted isn't that extraordinary for an ending to the CFB season we've already witnessed.

Of all the games UT needs to get the scenario to unfold, a Mich State upset over BC tonight is the most unlikely, IMO.

Step 1 complete: Texas beat ASU

Step 2: Mich. State over BC may be the toughest one, but there's still hope even if the Big 10 team blows it! Will update tomorrow if needed.
I'll certainly be looking forward to your update, but I'm sorting socks tomorrow and will have to miss it.

Thanks for promoting me from boy to man, BPV. You're such a stud of a judge of people. :dance2:

How could a 2-loss team win the NC and yet a 4-loss team who losses to that NC and another top 10 team, but yet whipped a top 5 team possibly be in the top 10?

As for the other two losses, we lost the opening game... big deal. VA Tech remain a top 5after getting blasted in their second game of the season by the same team that barely beat us in the SECCG. We lost to Bammer... that's a rivalry game. It happens.

I'm sure that doesn't set well with all the Ricky Bobby philosopher-types here, but it is what it is.

Most importantly, if we whip Wisconsin all those Big 10 voters will need to rank us higher to 'save face' for their conference.

It could happen...:thumbsup:

you're badly underestimating the weakness of OSUs schedule. they played a bunch of welterweights.

their D looks slow to me and their O hs rooks at all skill positions.

you're badly underestimating the weakness of OSUs schedule. they played a bunch of welterweights.

their D looks slow to me and their O hs rooks at all skill positions.

They certainly aren't as good as last year, but with their coaching staff, they wouldn't be falling apart like UT did at Cal and Bama.

VN Store

Back