Season Predictions

Frosty

Look guys, I know we will have an OFFICIAL thread posted later, but I wanted to get in front of mine.

Last year I picked us to go 11-1 (finished 11-2) and a lot thought I was overly optimistic. Looking back I was off by a game but I think the Orange Bowl victory was colossal for our program.

I’m picking us to go 12-0. Not that I would put actual money on that (however I will be betting TN straight up in every matchup lol), but I think we just get the bounces to go our way this year and I really like the pieces we have coming back, along with the new faces.

Interested to see where you all are leaning.

Last edited:
Look guys, I know we will have an OFFICIAL thread posted later, but I wanted to get in front of mine.

Last year I picked us to go 11-1 (finished 11-2) and a lot thought I was overly optimistic. Looking back I was off by a game but I think the Orange Bowl victory was colossal for our program.

I’m picking us to go 12-0. Not that I would put actual money on that (however I will be betting TN straight up in every match lol), but I think we just get the bounces to go our way this year and I really like the pieces we have coming back, along with the new faces.

In every "match"? Is this football or futbol???

Reactions: Just a VolinTears

I’m picking us to go 12-0. Not that I would put actual money on that (however I will be betting TN straight up in every matchup lol), but I think we just get the bounces to go our way this year and I really like the pieces we have coming back, along with the new faces.

15-0 Natty Champs🍊!!!

I'm at 9-3, but hope Joe proves to better expected. Lose to Georgia. Lose one of Bama, Texas A&M, Florida, USC. Win the rest. Throw in an extra loss though, because Milton may be inconsistent and our offense has an unexpected bad game.

Georgia - unfortunatley I expect Carson Beck to step right in at QB and even compete for the Heisman. From the tape I've watched of him, he looks very poised and polished. I think we play a much closer game in Knoxville and test Georgia, but Beck and Georgia are too much to handle.

Bama - While winning in Tuscaloosa is a near impossibility, until Bama gets the QB position situated I think we stand a chance. There is no doubt that we will be under dogs though and you know Saban has to be livid that we scored 52 on him last year. I'm sure he has devoted some part of his offseason to figure out how he will stop our offense this year. But if not, will he have a QB to keep up like Bryce Young, or even remotely close to him? I'm projecting this one as a loss for now though.

Texas A&M - are they still overrated or are they making good strides? They lost a lot of one score games last season. Add in a new OC. Is that enough to make a huge difference in the win and loss column for them? I guess until I see it, I have a hard time believing their offense will keep up with ours, especially at Neyland. I'm projecting us to win this one.

Florida - winning at the swamp is never easy and getting a win over Florida will be a dogfight regardless of each team's talent. Unfortunately Joe has already given Florida players some good bulletin board material. I still have us as the favorites in this game, but don't feel good about it. This could be Milton's first real test of adversity as the starting QB. Will he sink or swim this time?

USC - Tennessee players will have revenge on their minds. So will fans who have been having to hear USCjr fans for the whole offseason.There is no way we overlook this game. I'd be shocked to lose this game, but if Rattler has our number again, what can you do? But our defense should be even more improved playing with the energy of our home crowd. I don't see it happening again. Tennessee wins.

Mizzou, UTSA, UK, etc - Maybe we lose one of these games, or more likely we lose to two of the aforementioned teams (Bama, A&M, Florida, USC) instead of just one. But thats just to temper expectations. Joe could be more consistent than expected and have us go on a really good run.

I remember during most of the Fulmer years, any year could be 8-3. Any year could be 11-0. Most years ended up at 9-2 or 10-1.

In that sense, "we're back!" We're at the upper end of the sport again (but with 12 regular season games now). 8-4 is our perpetual floor. 12-0 is our perpetual ceiling. Every pre-season pick we make can be bounded by those extremes.

I'll take 10-2. Almost tilting toward 11-1, but can't quite see us going that clean through the season. College lads gonna do what college lads do, so it's probably not gonna be perfect.

So. 10-2.

break/break

In every "match"? Is this football or futbol???
Game, match, bout, contest ... all synonyms. All work perfectly fine with American football.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: Frosty
OP:
So, you’re saying that’s not really your pick - that you wouldn’t put money on it……

So what is your real, honest, gun to head pick?

Mine is 9-3 plus a bowl game-
That’s my honest pick. I wouldn’t bet any team to go 12-0 cause it’s hard to accomplish

Somehow, dyed in the wool Big Orange fans set aside their fandom in an attempt to be taken seriously as prognosticators. They foretell the Vols’ season with gravely pronounced, “9 and 3,” and, “10 and 2.”

You’re missing the point. College football is hope eternal, and in the preseason, hope reigns supreme. Every fan of every team dreams that this could be the year their guys go all the way.

Surrender to hope. Put your joy into it! The Vols are 15-0 until they’re not. This could be the year!

Find reason and rationale later. Now is the time for unbridled optimism! Joyous hope, young squires! Joyous hope!

I believe our defense will be greatly improved which will allow us to have the opportunity to win at least 10-11 games this year. Alabama has players running out their ears, but they will not be as good on the offensive side of the ball this Fall. Their defense lost the best LB they have had in years, but they have tons of talent there. It should be an interesting game this year. Georgia will be difficult if they can score points. We will have to score at least 27 points to win.

VN Store

Back