Season Predictions

9-3 regular season. Offensive line could be troublesome, especially if injuries hit us. Love Milton's upside, but not sure about his consistency.

Look guys, I know we will have an OFFICIAL thread posted later, but I wanted to get in front of mine.

Last year I picked us to go 11-1 (finished 11-2) and a lot thought I was overly optimistic. Looking back I was off by a game but I think the Orange Bowl victory was colossal for our program.

I’m picking us to go 12-0. Not that I would put actual money on that (however I will be betting TN straight up in every matchup lol), but I think we just get the bounces to go our way this year and I really like the pieces we have coming back, along with the new faces.

Interested to see where you all are leaning.

Worst case 8-4, best case 12-0. If I had to predict with a month's pay on the line............10-2

Look guys, I know we will have an OFFICIAL thread posted later, but I wanted to get in front of mine.

Last year I picked us to go 11-1 (finished 11-2) and a lot thought I was overly optimistic. Looking back I was off by a game but I think the Orange Bowl victory was colossal for our program.

I’m picking us to go 12-0. Not that I would put actual money on that (however I will be betting TN straight up in every matchup lol), but I think we just get the bounces to go our way this year and I really like the pieces we have coming back, along with the new faces.

Interested to see where you all are leaning.
23-0

With our schedule, it would be a terrible disappoint to win less than 8 games. We have to lose a game we shouldn’t to be less than 8-4 in the regular season.
there are four games: Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and A&M that are games we may lose. UGA and A&M at home means we should get one of those two. Bama and Florida away is tough. Historically we have issues there. If the UG and Bama games were flipped, I’d think we could win both. Bama is unknown but typically figures it out. UF gets worse as the season goes along.
So, I think we go 10-2 but can easily go + or - 1 game.

9-3 with a bowl win. I am so glad we had a great season last year, but unfortunately last year means absolutely nothing for this season. I think people automatically assume we are going to roll everyone else outside of Alabama and UGA. I would not be surprised if UTSA, TAMU, UK, and SCar are all close games.

I will be happy to be wrong, but I just think we take a slight step back.

If we go 11-1, we're going to the playoffs. If we make it to the playoffs, we wont lose.

When Heupel was hired, almost everyone had year 3 expectations of 8-4. I'm not changing that just because he's overachieved his first 2 years. Anything over 8-4 is a successful season at this point. 8-4 is neither good or bad. I'd raise an eyebrow at 7-5. Personally, I believe we end up @ 9-3 to 12-0.

9-3 is a safe bet but I lean towards 10-2. I have to see us beating UGA before I predict that and Bama on the road will be tough.

I hope this team comes out and runs the table and goes into the playoffs 13-0 - overachieving as TCU did last year. But if I take my heart out of the equation I think somewhere between 8-4 and 11-1 is likely if the “better team” wins each game.

I rank the game at Bama as our toughest game. I know Bama hasn’t named a starting QB yet but talent wise Bama and Georgia are about equal so it’s a matter of which team gels better and is hungrier. I think playing at Bama will be a tougher game to win than playing Georgia at home. Going 1-1 against those two would be great and my preference would be to beat Georgia (we could then get a second shot at Bama in Atlanta). Going 0-2 against these two makes it imperative to win all the other games to match last years team.

To me the next two toughest games are at the swamp and hosting TAMU. The swamp is a hard place to play. Hopefully we’ll get an early kickoff (like LSU last season) and jump on them early but they beat Utah in the Swamp last year and it will be a hard fought, physical game. TAMU is almost as talented as Bama/Georgia and if they’ll let Petrino run the offense they might be a contender in the West. That will be another tough, physical game. To have a great year we need to go 2-0 against those two.

We should go 8-0 against the rest but we can’t take a day off against anyone. Kentucky at Kentucky could be a game if we don’t take em out early. We have a trap game with UTSA and better not take them lightly - they are a quality team but if we come to play, we win. No way are we not prepared for USC and I really think it will be a huge blowout. They lost their OL and will have a hard time protecting their QB. We also go to Missouri but Missouri is about like Vandy in terms of talent.

9-3 (loss to GA, Bama, and someone we shouldn't lose to)
bowl game unknown but I'll say 10-3

We will lose to Bama and the Dawgs and one we shouldn't , 9and 3 and with a bowl win 10 wins not great but decent.

15-0 baby...will only be under dogs to ga and the gumps and both are starting rookie qb's.i feel better starting joe w/ 3 yrs in the system and more depth all the way around for our team.joe gonna surprise alot of you guys,hes been putting in the work and it will show this year.

VN Store

Back