Sec Champs Again

Spacey Dales Shuman HATES Tenessee. It's evident in every word that comes out of her mouth. I guess being from Pukeonn it KILLS her to see the Lady Vols win ANYTHING.

Hey Spacey.....

:Bbiteme:

You people really need to relax about ESPN. They don't care who wins the games as long as people watch.

Originally posted by LadyinOrange@Mar 7, 2005 6:59 AM
Spacey Dales Shuman HATES Tenessee. It's evident in every word that comes out of her mouth. I guess being from Pukeonn it KILLS her to see the Lady Vols win ANYTHING.

Hey Spacey.....

She is from Canada and played at Oklahoma.......So why she dislikes us so much is beyond me :blink:

DSC_5028-lg.jpg

Revenge is SWEET! AWESOME game! Pat is now within one game of tying Dean Smith's record. That will be done in the opening round of the WNCAA tournament and with a second round win, she'll break it. :good: :thumbsup: :bow: Can you imagine taking a chance on a 22 year old coach over 31 years ago? Who would have thought that she'd rack up all these victories? Pat Summitt-WNCAA HOF. She'll leave behind a tough act to follow. How much longer will she coach? For sure, I think she'll be around to get her 900th win-which will be next year. Will she be around to reach 1000? That's at least 4-5 years from now, putting Pat in her late 50's. I foresee no problem!

Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 7, 2005 8:47 AM
You people really need to relax about ESPN. They don't care who wins the games as long as people watch.

I see they have already gotten to you GaVol. Why did you take your aluminum foil hat off? Why?

Attachments

• great.jpg
    great.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 0
Originally posted by GAVol@Mar 7, 2005 8:47 AM

Have you been watching the Men's bball? They love everything that has to do with a Diener or the ACC!

Originally posted by Vols4life+Mar 7, 2005 8:38 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Vols4life @ Mar 7, 2005 8:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LadyinOrange@Mar 7, 2005 6:59 AM
Spacey Dales Shuman HATES Tenessee. It&#39;s evident in every word that comes out of her mouth. I guess being from Pukeonn it KILLS her to see the Lady Vols win ANYTHING.

Hey Spacey.....

She is from Canada and played at Oklahoma.......So why she dislikes us so much is beyond me :blink: [/quote]
My bad. I thought she played at UConn.

Originally posted by TennFan@Mar 7, 2005 8:49 AM
Revenge is SWEET&#33; AWESOME game&#33; Pat is now within one game of tying Dean Smith&#39;s record. That will be done in the opening round of the WNCAA tournament and with a second round win, she&#39;ll break it. :good: :thumbsup: :bow: Can you imagine taking a chance on a 22 year old coach over 31 years ago? Who would have thought that she&#39;d rack up all these victories? Pat Summitt-WNCAA HOF. She&#39;ll leave behind a tough act to follow. How much longer will she coach? For sure, I think she&#39;ll be around to get her 900th win-which will be next year. Will she be around to reach 1000? That&#39;s at least 4-5 years from now, putting Pat in her late 50&#39;s. I foresee no problem&#33;

Pat will coach till she is at least 80&#33;&#33;&#33; Mike Hamilton needs to give her a lifetime contract just like coach k got at duke&#33;

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Mar 7, 2005 12:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Mar 7, 2005 12:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GAVol@Mar 7, 2005 8:47 AM
You people really need to relax about ESPN.  They don&#39;t care who wins the games as long as people watch.

I see they have already gotten to you GaVol. Why did you take your aluminum foil hat off? Why? [/quote]
:D I never said that they don&#39;t say some stupid things at ESPN at times. I just think that every fanbase in the country probably gets pissed at ESPN from time to time. I think it takes a pretty big ego to truly believe that ESPN has any agenda other than putting on a good show and attracting viewers.

Pat is within two games of breaking Dean Smith&#39;s record? Why is this not receiving the ultimate hype&#33;? Sports Illustrated and every sports publication out there should have her as thier cover person (can&#39;t say covergirl). Pat should make sportsperson of the year&#33; I dont see much from the local media on this either..Whatz up?

Originally posted by brouke06+Mar 7, 2005 9:52 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brouke06 @ Mar 7, 2005 9:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GAVol@Mar 7, 2005 8:47 AM
You people really need to relax about ESPN.  They don&#39;t care who wins the games as long as people watch.

Have you been watching the Men&#39;s bball? They love everything that has to do with a Diener or the ACC&#33; [/quote]
Maybe you haven&#39;t noticed, but ACC basketball is doing pretty well at the moment.

diener? he is white. nobody cares about white players anymore. just kidding.

good kid.... but he has a bad injury and really misses wade.

Originally posted by TBALLVOL@Mar 7, 2005 1:23 PM
Pat is within two games of breaking Dean Smith&#39;s record? Why is this not receiving the ultimate hype&#33;? Sports Illustrated and every sports publication out there should have her as thier cover person (can&#39;t say covergirl). Pat should make sportsperson of the year&#33; I dont see much from the local media on this either..Whatz up?

Any cover except :machinegun: SI&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; And yall know why&#33;&#33;&#33;

GAVol, I usually dig what you post, but you&#39;ve gone too far this time. I actually had the (dis)pleasure of being the first person to welcome Corso to town 3 years ago with a handshake and dirty look in the airport. As my wife and her friend plotted ways to off their husbands so they could run away with Kirk Herbstreet, I vowed to never, ever say anything nice about ESPN again.

After all, what has ESPN ever done for us? Dissed in the polls? Dissed on halftime coverage? Lack of respect for the winningest active coach over the past decade? Hell, even the ladies hardly get as much media as they deserve. Pat Summit is about the most successful head coach IN ALL OF SPORTS. Then they go and hype up this BS with Bama just for publicity like we did something wrong WHEN THEY ARE THE ONES THAT CHEATED&#33; We see how successful that sabotage effort was with our recruiting class.

So they cry when kids and fans shout obscenities and throw stuff at the Gameday set, crawl away, and hide up by Thompson Boling arena behind nets. GOOD FOR THEM: YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE&#33; I know people may think of Tennessee as a bunch of backwoods rednecks, living in a trailer park, and eating fried opossum for dinner, BUT HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO ALABAMA? ANYWHERE IN FLORIDA BUT ORLANDO, TAMPA, OR MIAMI? OKLAHOMA FOR GOD&#39;S SAKE?

NEYLAND STADIUM: #1 COLLEGE FOOTBALL CATHEDRALS, Sporting News
KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE: #1 COLLEGE FOOTBALL WEEKENDS, SI On Campus
2005 RECRUITING CLASS: #1, Scout. Consensus top 3.
TENNESSEE VOLUNTEERS: 1998 Undisputed National Champions. 2005, Here we go&#33;
TENNESSEE LADY VOLS: National Champs 1998, 1997, 1996, 1991, 1989, 1987

RESPECT, PLEASE&#33;

Fulmer needs to engineer a three or four year run at the least that can rival FSU at the end of the 90&#39;s or come close to what USC is doing right now. I know we were by far the lowest ranked of the 10-win teams this last season, but then again, 10-win teams don&#39;t nearly fall to Vanderbilts or Kentuckys. Looking at the final rankings this last season, I really can&#39;t come up with a convincing arguement to say we should have been ranked higher than 13th, or maybe 12th.

Regardless of what ESPN or anybody else says, we just need to win. On the field is the only way to get respect.

Maybe there have been cases of where ESPN analysts have gone too far, but for the most part the whole "ESPN sucks" is just boring to me.

Milo is right. Just win and don&#39;t worry about what the uninformed say.

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Mar 7, 2005 5:59 PM
GAVol, I usually dig what you post, but you&#39;ve gone too far this time. I actually had the (dis)pleasure of being the first person to welcome Corso to town 3 years ago with a handshake and dirty look in the airport. As my wife and her friend plotted ways to off their husbands so they could run away with Kirk Herbstreet, I vowed to never, ever say anything nice about ESPN again.

After all, what has ESPN ever done for us? Dissed in the polls? Dissed on halftime coverage? Lack of respect for the winningest active coach over the past decade? Hell, even the ladies hardly get as much media as they deserve. Pat Summit is about the most successful head coach IN ALL OF SPORTS. Then they go and hype up this BS with Bama just for publicity like we did something wrong WHEN THEY ARE THE ONES THAT CHEATED&#33; We see how successful that sabotage effort was with our recruiting class.

So they cry when kids and fans shout obscenities and throw stuff at the Gameday set, crawl away, and hide up by Thompson Boling arena behind nets. GOOD FOR THEM: YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE&#33; I know people may think of Tennessee as a bunch of backwoods rednecks, living in a trailer park, and eating fried opossum for dinner, BUT HAVE YOU EVER BEEN TO ALABAMA? ANYWHERE IN FLORIDA BUT ORLANDO, TAMPA, OR MIAMI? OKLAHOMA FOR GOD&#39;S SAKE?

RESPECT, PLEASE&#33;

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Mar 7, 2005 5:59 PM

RESPECT, PLEASE&#33;

The best explanation I have ever heard&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :bow:

:beer:

My apologies, I never should have brought up the whole ESPN sucks thing. It was never my intention to start the war of the oranges...........or was it? :unsure:

Attachments

• pokey.jpg
    pokey.jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 0
Technically, it&#39;s not a war since I&#39;m the lone soul on the other side.

hey if not for espn my life would completely suck ass.

but they do have a bias for ut. but they also televise over half their freakin games....meaning that they are not morons, they know where the money is.

Nah, I&#39;m on your side, GAVol. ESPN covers who is winning.

The Vols finished only a little below where they should have. As for women&#39;s basketball, since when does that get much coverage outside of the tourney anyways? Even though Pat Summitt is a fantastic coach, I don&#39;t expect any kind of special treatment.

VN Store

Back