SEC STANDINGS

I like u Jumper and this is fair coming from u. Just see so many inconsistencies and just wild takes that make my head hurt
I appreciate that VolFuture,,,I really do

A coach is what I am and what I have done for almost half a century
So when I look at an org, I look at it from that view,,,not as a fan, not as a players,,,as a coach

Again, Thanks ;o)

Damn y’all really DONT care about the players.. just some spectre of past paradise.

So sad. But per usual for this forum

I have been reading all of the posters that say we should be competing with this team and better than that team ! It’s just speculation about what kind of a team we are supposed to be ? So I just took South Carolina and LSU , and Tennessee’s rosters to compare each player’s rankings coming out of high school to project which team has the better players and therefore should be competitive with who ?

Ranks— name. Team
1. Williams. LSU
2. Reese. LSU
2. Lith. LSU
2. Johnson. SC
4. Feagin. SC
4. Rosario. LSU
5. Cardoso. SC
5. Jackson. UT
11. Paopao. SC
12. Watkins. SC
13. Fulwiley. SC
14. Hall. SC
17. Kitts. SC
20. Morrow. LSU
21. Velez. LSU
25. Johnson. SC
37. Jill. UT
40. Jah. SC
43. Puckett. UT
45. Striplin. UT
51. Bartlett. LSU
57. Johnson. LSU
62. Wynn. UT
63. Walker. SC
73. Kent. LSU
78. Powell. UT
81. wells. UT
82. Spears. UT
100. Ace. UT
3*. Darby. UT

Ranking is per each school’s website! LSU has 4 top ten ranked players and SC has 3 and we have 1! SC has 5 in the top 10-20 and LSU has 1 and we have none! The rest is pretty simple to see that based on rankings coming out of high school ….., We should not be able to compete with these two teams !
Yet we will try ! 🤷‍♂️

I have been reading all of the posters that say we should be competing with this team and better than that team ! It’s just speculation about what kind of a team we are supposed to be ? So I just took South Carolina and LSU , and Tennessee’s rosters to compare each player’s rankings coming out of high school to project which team has the better players and therefore should be competitive with who ?

Ranks— name. Team
1. Williams. LSU
2. Reese. LSU
2. Lith. LSU
2. Johnson. SC
4. Feagin. SC
4. Rosario. LSU
5. Cardoso. SC
5. Jackson. UT
11. Paopao. SC
12. Watkins. SC
13. Fulwiley. SC
14. Hall. SC
17. Kitts. SC
20. Morrow. LSU
21. Velez. LSU
25. Johnson. SC
37. Jill. UT
40. Jah. SC
43. Puckett. UT
45. Striplin. UT
51. Bartlett. LSU
57. Johnson. LSU
62. Wynn. UT
63. Walker. SC
73. Kent. LSU
78. Powell. UT
81. wells. UT
82. Spears. UT
100. Ace. UT
3*. Darby. UT

Ranking is per each school’s website! LSU has 4 top ten ranked players and SC has 3 and we have 1! SC has 5 in the top 10-20 and LSU has 1 and we have none! The rest is pretty simple to see that based on rankings coming out of high school ….., We should not be able to compete with these two teams !
Yet we will try ! 🤷‍♂️
Head Coach has had 5 years to correct it. Now we blame fans for lack of NIL.

Reactions: mcannon1
The first year of recruitment was two months!
The second year was COVID ! No visits !

But no matter the reasons or excuses…. You just keep on being you ! I don’t expect any less.
Covid is the same rules for everyone. Now we are 4 years past Covid. Appreciate the shoutout for the honesty posting.

Good coaches navigate and overcome. Had she been known as a recruiter, the Covid excuse is a non issue.

Ranks— name. Team
1. Williams. LSU
2. Reese. LSU
2. Lith. LSU
2. Johnson. SC
4. Feagin. SC
4. Rosario. LSU
5. Cardoso. SC
5. Jackson. UT
11. Paopao. SC
12. Watkins. SC
13. Fulwiley. SC
14. Hall. SC
17. Kitts. SC
20. Morrow. LSU
21. Velez. LSU
25. Johnson. SC
37. Jill. UT
40. Jah. SC
43. Puckett. UT
45. Striplin. UT
51. Bartlett. LSU
57. Johnson. LSU
62. Wynn. UT
63. Walker. SC
73. Kent. LSU
78. Powell. UT
81. wells. UT
82. Spears. UT
100. Ace. UT
3*. Darby. UT

Yet we will try ! 🤷‍♂️
Damn, Fulwiley was so underrated at #13 in her class. She is the #2 scorer on the #1 team, and doing it with less than 20 min a game. Same for Kitts at #17. Btw, HVL was a #7, not a 2.

Last edited:
My pick is F Johnson, for LSU
Her potential and her athleticism,,,She could easily be the next unguardable player
I really thought she had a tremendous upside when she was being recruited

What about 2nd round

I count 31 years not sure how many she coached
Pat never lost in the 2nd rd. Ball State was the only time in her career she didn’t get them to at least the S16. But I’m also not sure when they went to 64 teams and how an early round loss then would count.

Another streak of note was every class graduated with at least one NC until Kara Lawson’s (and they really should have won in 2003…missed opportunity). I think UConn had a similar streak starting in 1995 and ending with either Crystal Dangerfield or Megan Walker’s class

Ranks— name. Team
1. Williams. LSU
2. Reese. LSU
2. Lith. LSU
2. Johnson. SC
4. Feagin. SC
4. Rosario. LSU
5. Cardoso. SC
5. Jackson. UT
11. Paopao. SC
12. Watkins. SC
13. Fulwiley. SC
14. Hall. SC
17. Kitts. SC
20. Morrow. LSU
21. Velez. LSU
25. Johnson. SC
37. Jill. UT
40. Jah. SC
43. Puckett. UT
45. Striplin. UT
51. Bartlett. LSU
57. Johnson. LSU
62. Wynn. UT
63. Walker. SC
73. Kent. LSU
78. Powell. UT
81. wells. UT
82. Spears. UT
100. Ace. UT
3*. Darby. UT

Yet we will try ! 🤷‍♂️
Certainly explains why those teams are winning so much and were average at best.

We? You clearly aren’t celebrating fourth (likely fifth) nor have I seen anyone “celebrate” our position in the standings. Please, correct me if I’ve failed in my observation.
Y not.. 4th is still an achievement esp with the adversity this team has faced.

We are in good position. Lots to celebrate.

I’ve never been as anal or fair weather as many here. I don’t call for a coaches head after 1 loss/losses… embarrassing actually but always makes me giggle when I come to read.
For your observation. “We” as in having those among us. I personally don’t celebrate mediocrity. But I am a fan of a program that has many who do. To each their own.

Reactions: Deebowbear
Last day of the SEC season today, must watch TV. Auburn at UF, Tigers playing for an invite most likely. MSU has to beat Mizzou to stay alive. Vandy is currently listed as first team out, they need a win today.

Last edited:
I’m not sure, but I think the SEC will have 7 teams receive invites, outside chance at 8. Last season the SEC was labeled as down, just like this year, but then went on to have the most wins in the tourney, highlighted by OM taking down Stanford And LSU and SC making the FF with LSU obviously taking home the trophy. I could see some of this year’s unranked teams like Bama and OM doing some damage once again, and if Auburn gets in (need to beat UF today)they would be a dangerous opponent for anyone as well. I’ll have my eye on the Aub game.

The PAC12 is the best conference this year top to bottom, and the ACC is deep as well. But in spite of the SEC only having two “ranked” teams, they may surprise again in this tournamemt. I think SC and LSU both make the FF again, and OM as well as Bama could reach the SS. VD might win a game (not hopeful) and if UT gets the right bracket again like last season they could win 2 or 3 games. Unfortunately, I‘m not sure MSU is worthy of an invite outside of a good SEC tourney run, but they are sitting on 20 wins and could get to .500 in the conference today (should beat Mizzou), so they probably slip in as well. Has to be the most disappointing team so far given their roster.

Last edited:
Pat never lost in the 2nd rd. Ball State was the only time in her career she didn’t get them to at least the S16. But I’m also not sure when they went to 64 teams and how an early round loss then would count.

Another streak of note was every class graduated with at least one NC until Kara Lawson’s (and they really should have won in 2003…missed opportunity). I think UConn had a similar streak starting in 1995 and ending with either Crystal Dangerfield or Megan Walker’s class

Actually, the streak of winning at least one per class was broken in the four-year stretch from 1992-1995. During those four years, the LV lost a total of four games: 1, 1, 3, and 5.

For us the big SEC game today is Bama/TAM. Need a TAM upset for us to get the 4th seed bye.

I'm not expecting that and already reconciled that the extra game Thursday is not the worst thing in the world for us. Get rid of tourney jitters, log an extra win (hopefully). Selfishly it's good for me bc I get to go to an extra game.

For us the big SEC game today is Bama/TAM. Need a TAM upset for us to get the 4th seed bye.

I'm not expecting that and already reconciled that the extra game Thursday is not the worst thing in the world for us. Get rid of tourney jitters, log an extra win (hopefully). Selfishly it's good for me bc I get to go to an extra game.
The biggest game is the game we control and that’s the game we play today.

VN Store

Back