SEC STANDINGS

What was Pat’s minimums?

We have the ability to make it far. If u truly want to talk “minimums” that would be making the tournament.

A sweet sixteen is an achievement.
It is an achievement, just stating if minimum isn’t achieved will it be adjusted because basketball is hard. Many here defaulted to 3rd because LSU warp sped past. Now we are celebrating 4th.

So after LSU lost by 27 to SC, you then predicted that LSU would win it all instead of SC? Sounds reasonable.
I don’t remember the exact date but I even have posts on here way before the tournament saying LSU would win it all that’s just the feeling I had from watching them, I watched every game they played. I’m not some predictor or anything but that was the feeling I had from watching them. It turned out to be the correct pick.

Reactions: Rooster1
It is an achievement, just stating if minimum isn’t achieved will it be adjusted because basketball is hard. Many here defaulted to 3rd because LSU warp sped past. Now we are celebrating 4th.
Y not.. 4th is still an achievement esp with the adversity this team has faced.

We are in good position. Lots to celebrate.

I’ve never been as anal or fair weather as many here. I don’t call for a coaches head after 1 loss/losses… embarrassing actually but always makes me giggle when I come to read.

Reactions: travis929

I’ve never been as anal or fair weather as many here. I don’t call for a coaches head after 1 loss/losses… embarrassing actually but always makes me giggle when I come to read.
Not when 2 teams are ranked, it’s celebrating mediocrity as the best bad team in a down year.

But that’s the beauty of standards. They don’t have to be the same. My wife hope both teams have fun.

Again everyone here should be commending Kellie for stability in the most unstable landscape of sports the world has ever seen.

Will she take the next step forward? Who knows. But she’s kept this program competitive nationally.

Imo she just needs to own/double down on her decisions and be more direct/decisive and shut up fair weather fans. Stand on business more as they say 😂

Not when 2 teams are ranked, it’s celebrating mediocrity as the best bad team in a down year.

But that’s the beauty of standards. They don’t have to be the same. My wife hope both teams have fun.
Oh rankings yeah those very very objective things… mediocre is at the top of a P5 conference… ok.

That’s y the SEC will get the most teams in the tournament… okkkkkkk

Lmaoo

Again everyone here should be commending Kellie for stability in the most unstable landscape of sports the world has ever seen.

Will she take the next step forward? Who knows. But she’s kept this program competitive nationally.

Imo she just needs to own/double down on her decisions and be more direct/decisive and shut up fair weather fans. Stand on business more as they say 😂
Not that she owes any of you an explanation as to the running of the team…

But I think if she actually let her true thoughts out people would respect her more. But hey we know that not her style so y’all gonna agitate the crap outta her as couch/bleacher coaches do and she’ll just take it.

Oh rankings yeah those very very objective things… mediocre is at the top of a P5 conference… ok.

That’s y the SEC will get the most teams in the tournament… okkkkkkk

Lmaoo
So now rankings don’t matter either? Always spinning to meet the moment. What I heard you say is, the SEC will have the most bad teams in the dance. Not sure that’s a complement but rather the low bar this year across the board.

What about this season has been stable? Most volatile play I’ve seen from a lady vol team since Holly’s death knell season.

I won't be celebrating 4th place. It is an underachievement for the talent currently in hand. This team should be competitive vs SC, although any team beating SC this year will be quite an upset. This team should go toe to toe with LSU. Expectations for the SECT will depend on seeding, going out to SC or LSU in a competitive game would not be an underachievement. Anything less than a S16 in the NCAAT is an underachievement to me although ESPN currently has us as an 8 seed - 8/9 seeds suck. I'd love to see us move off that 8/9 to have a decent S16 chance, but with our record, who's to say we've earned it.

Personally, I think Her Hoops has us pegged pretty good at #27 or a 7 seed if we go by their rankings.

I won't be celebrating 4th place. It is an underachievement for the talent currently in hand. This team should be competitive vs SC, although any team beating SC this year will be quite an upset. This team should go toe to toe with LSU. Expectations for the SECT will depend on seeding, going out to SC or LSU in a competitive game would not be an underachievement. Anything less than a S16 in the NCAAT is an underachievement to me although ESPN currently has us as an 8 seed - 8/9 seeds suck. I'd love to see us move off that 8/9 to have a decent S16 chance, but with our record, who's to say we've earned it.

Personally, I think Her Hoops has us pegged pretty good at #27 or a 7 seed if we go by their rankings.
Well just a thought but look at where they have OU.. a 4 seed. Even tho they had a similar non con disaster. I think they will look favorably on us

Wait we have talent? I thought everyone was D2 and should be gone… or did Kellie suck or does a team that can compete with USC actually have talent. But we need 6 more players for next year or not?

This has been the most confusing discourse to me

What was Pat’s minimums?

We have the ability to make it far. If u truly want to talk “minimums” that would be making the tournament.

A sweet sixteen is an achievement.

Not an argument you will win on here!..where the expectation for a team ranked in the top ten at the beginning of the season is not even in the top 25 at the end and playing with a top 5 draft pick and two USA team players...You can move your goal post where you want it...But I "stand on bitness" in that we were concerned about even making the NCAA tourney 2 weeks ago.

This season with less than two wins in the SEC tourney and an E8 finish,,,is underachieving for the 5th time in five years...

I concur

Not an argument you will win on here!..where the expectation for a team ranked in the top ten at the beginning of the season is not even in the top 25 at the end and playing with a top 5 draft pick and two USA team players...You can move your goal post where you want it...But I "stand on bitness" in that we were concerned about even making the NCAA tourney 2 weeks ago.

This season with less than two wins in the SEC tourney and an E8 finish,,,is underachieving for the 5th time in five years...

I concur
Damn y’all really DONT care about the players.. just some spectre of past paradise.

So sad. But per usual for this forum

Wait we have talent? I thought everyone was D2 and should be gone… or did Kellie suck or does a team that can compete with USC actually have talent. But we need 6 more players for next year or not?

This has been the most confusing discourse to me

Our starting lineup: Powell, Spear, Jackson, Puckett, and Key is a top 10 starting lineup. It can match up with anyone for 5-10 minutes. The bench is just a huge drop off - look at the PER, Win Sharess, OFF and DEF RTGs. Even Powell has been struggling the last couple weeks too; we need her to get her shot back.

1709322951966.png

Damn y’all really DONT care about the players.. just some spectre of past paradise.

So sad. But per usual for this forum
that's just it,,,we/I do care about the players
and their expectations when they come to the university program Pat built
They should be in championship conversations,,,not will they make the tourney and reach the 2nd, 3rd round

It is you who should check "care" at the door

It is fans/supporters/boosters/posters that keep the goal where it was and where it should be that will keep this program elevated and not going the way of Duke/Lou St/Baylor/Etc...

Reactions: VolFuture
that's just it,,,we/I do care about the players
and their expectations when they come to the university program Pat built
They should be in championship conversations,,,not will they make the tourney and reach the 2nd, 3rd round

It is you who should check "care" at the door

It is fans/supporters/boosters/posters that keep the goal where it was and where it should be that will keep this program elevated and not going the way of Duke/Lou St/Baylor/Etc...
Just checking bc I can’t get a beat on if everyone just hates this team and the adversity they’ve faced

Our starting lineup: Powell, Spear, Jackson, Puckett, and Key is a top 10 starting lineup. It can match up with anyone for 5-10 minutes. The bench is just a huge drop off - look at the PER, Win Sharess, OFF and DEF RTGs. Even Powell has been struggling the last couple weeks too; we need her to get her shot back.

View attachment 624021
This is actually very interesting

Also funny to see statistically that Ace has been good in her blips lol

I concur
Nobody should

View attachment 624021
Really crazy to look at this then think about our rotations… but not shocking to any of our couch coaches* tbh on who is where on this list.

*they really are right

Reactions: 37620VOL
Just checking bc I can’t get a beat on if everyone just hates this team and the adversity they’ve faced
I, anything BUT hate this team,,what I "hate" is to see talent subbed so sporadically that they can't find synchronicity,,,No offensive strategy except feed the hot-hand,,,not being held immediately accountable for goofball play,,,No use of coaching weapons to defend these players (not using timeouts...and...not risking a Technical when refs are absolutely piss-poor),,,etc

And you should to!
If we don't hold the org to standard then it will fall into irrelevancy like other once-dominant programs in the past

Players of the caliber of a Rickea Jackson don't come to UT to possibly make the NCAA tourney,,,they come here to win it

I, anything BUT hate this team,,what I "hate" is to see talent subbed so sporadically that they can't find synchronicity,,,No offensive strategy except feed the hot-hand,,,not being held immediately accountable for goofball play,,,No use of coaching weapons to defend these players (not using timeouts...and...not risking a Technical when refs are absolutely piss-poor),,,etc

And you should to!
If we don't hold the org to standard then it will fall into irrelevancy like other once-dominant programs in the past

Players of the caliber of a Rickea Jackson don't come to UT to possibly make the NCAA tourney,,,they come here to win it
I like u Jumper and this is fair coming from u. Just see so many inconsistencies and just wild takes that make my head hurt

VN Store

Back