SEC Women’s Tournament 2022

It will definitely be close if Stanford wins their tourney. They may be able to keep it but saying it won't be close is a strange statement. Losing to a seven seed has to do some damage.
An unranked 7 seed at that, but then again, It makes us look better considering Kentucky took down 2 other highly ranked teams to win this tournament including the number 1 and 6 ranked teams. 11 wins in a row should allow them to show up in the rankings. Their last 3 wins should give them quite a boost in net ranking too.

I would not be surprised to see a 2 - 7 UConn - KY matchup.
I will be surprised. the committee don't want a hot and dangerous Kentucky team playing the darlings of basketball putting them out early (maybe)and Geno has somebody ear on the committee to make sure Kentucky not in their bracket if he don't want them early in the tournament

Reactions: Harvey Peak
I didn't see this posted anywhere else, and if it was, sorry for the duplicate:

Alexus "Snoop" Dye was named to the all-tournament team! She certainly earned it -- what a tourney she had! 🧡
That's great, I was hoping she would get on. she deserves it. Just hope she can keep it up.

If you knew Dye would outscore Howard you sure would have thought we would have won!

Dye is symbolic of our team - inconsistent. Remember about a month ago when she was completely MIA? We're the girl with the curl team.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
I will be surprised. the committee don't want a hot and dangerous Kentucky team playing the darlings of basketball putting them out early (maybe)and Geno has somebody ear on the committee to make sure Kentucky not in their bracket if he don't want them early in the tournament
But yet they put UConn and SC together in Greensboro in the last reveal. Maybe they didn't get Geno's email...

Reactions: volnationnj
I didn't see this posted anywhere else, and if it was, sorry for the duplicate:

Alexus "Snoop" Dye was named to the all-tournament team! She certainly earned it -- what a tourney she had! 🧡
She was certainly one of the 5 best performers. Assuming Aliyah, Dre, Shakira and Rhyne joined her.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Would the committee dare to put both Kentucky & the connies in SC's region??:eek: Piss off both Dawn & gino!

Now, now. No need to be sensitive.
UConn has surpassed by quite a bit the projected winning margin in the last 9 BE games typically by 20+ points vs. spread. Such as +24, =14, +54, , +41, +31, +55, +53, +56, and +20. Indeed, they should have beat them (e.g like Tenn should beat certain teams, despite injuries) as they no longer had 4 major injured players which was the case in the Villanova loss. UConn is 18-1 in OOC and in BE games when they only have 3 or less injuries, usually including missing the POY. When was the last time a POY missed much of the season hurting their team's record? I don't recall such in the last 20+ seasons, but please advise if I've overlooked one.

Like you say that was just a reveal not official
Uh, that was official from the NCAA Committee. It's gonna change now, but that's where it stood last time out.

I'm sure Geno will make some calls so that Stanford, SC, Louisville, NC State, LSU, Iowa and Baylor all get put in the same region. Or he'll demand they cancel the tournament and the winner will be whichever team's players get the most Instagram likes.

Reactions: 1reVOLver
Uh, that was official from the NCAA Committee. It's gonna change now, but that's where it stood last time out.

I'm sure Geno will make some calls so that Stanford, SC, Louisville, NC State, LSU, Iowa and Baylor all get put in the same region. Or he'll demand they cancel the tournament and the winner will be whichever team's players get the most Instagram likes.
😂😂😂

UConn has surpassed by quite a bit the projected winning margin in the last 9 BE games typically by 20+ points vs. spread. Such as +24, =14, +54, , +41, +31, +55, +53, +56, and +20. Indeed, they should have beat them (e.g like Tenn should beat certain teams, despite injuries) as they no longer had 4 major injured players which was the case in the Villanova loss. UConn is 18-1 in OOC and in BE games when they only have 3 or less injuries, usually including missing the POY. When was the last time a POY missed much of the season hurting their team's record? I don't recall such in the last 20+ seasons, but please advise if I've overlooked one.
Tamika Catchings is the only POY I can think of that missed a large chunk of the season, and Tennessee played pretty well without her until the tournament.

Also, The BEast sucks. It's impossible to objectively gauge what Bueckers' return means because the competition they've been playing since her return is so subpar. Personally, I think a healthy UConn is easily a top 3 team, but the Selection Committee isn't going to just give them a #1 seeding.

ESPN wouldn't let them do that
Walt. Disney is a publicly traded company and indeed ESPN is one of their Crown Jewels. However of the $250 billion market cap (and I was a Wall Street media guy) ESPN dealing with all of the dozens of women's sports views and reacts to WCBB modestly, other than buying the rights to top games and barely paying its pundits to cover WCBB on the web site. DIS is about the parks, movies (i.e. Marvel and Star Wars, etc.), and sports on broadcasting (ABC network) and cable (ESPN). Folks like Muffie claiming ESPN's headquarters being in CT means anything to a huge media and resort conglomerate is a joke and is quite petty. Under full disclosure, I used to cheer for ND football and west coast WCBB.

Yes but they will tell him no.they can't make it that obvious they are in his back pockets

VN Store

Back