SECN coverage disappoints

Didn’t Mullen pick NC St to outright win yesterday?
The ESPN analyst's only upset comes with the No. 24 NC State Wolfpack taking down the Tennessee Volunteers. The two will be playing a neutral site matchup at Bank of America Stadium in Charlotte North Carolina.

Despite Iamaleava inching his way toward the Heisman conversation, Dan Mullen believes the Wolfpack have something coming for Tennessee.

NC State has been a quality team for the past few years, largely due to their defensive core. They may have lost vital pieces like Payton Wilson, but the Wolfpack still have a couple of ultra-talented playmakers like Ja'Had Carter and Aydan White.

Tennessee may be listed as heavy favorites, but Mullen believes the Wolfpack can get the job done and complete the upset in the neutral site matchup.

Reactions: walkenvol
On ESPN’s show, Dan Mullen picked the Vols as “the best team no one’s talking about”. Showed all the top highlights from the game too.

I was going to say, SEC’s College Football Final seemed like they were complaining that TN didn’t look so hot. ESPN’s version went from Texas’s impressive victory to saying that another team in Orange made a big statement.

It looks to me that SECN doesn’t think highly of TN while ESPN looks ready to sell TN as a playoff contender.

I don't pay attention, and thus whine about post game coverage. I just go over to Youtube and watch the highlights or game replay. Then do my assessment.
I guess I'm in a "don't worry, be happy" mindset.

1725820321794.jpeg

As much as I dreaded seeing coverage of our losses during the dark times, one of the great things about our current success is the anticipation of watching the highlight shows, particularly after a BIG win.

I don't know if anyone else noticed SECN's postgame and Sunday morning shows. We went to a neutral site and energetically disassembled a ranked non-conference opponent in every aspect of the game. So I was surprised to see Nico's 2nd quarter interception lead-off the "highlights" and get a fair amount of the limited time spent discussing the game. They also casually mentioned that Nico threw a second INT later in the game, without the context of it being a tipped ball at the LOS.

But why bother focusing on any of that in a game where we won by 40+ points?! If this were the ACC Network, it would be more understandable. It just really makes me wonder who is making the decisions when it comes to these things.

They definitely had some nice things to say, too, so maybe I'm just being overly-sensitive?
Important thing to remember, they record SEC Football Final during the second half of the primetime SEC Network game, right after they do the halftime report. So coverage of any other primetime game is recorded later and inserted in.

I watched. Coverage didn’t bother me. Texas is the big story from yesterday - rightly so. And they focused on Nico’s interceptions to then talk about the way he handled them. There was also lots of love for the defense. Very complimentary coverage all in all.
Texas did little more than beat a mediocre Michigan team with an entirely new staff and systems on both sides of the ball. Michigan shouldn't have been ranked 10th, not to say lil T isn't good, just that beating an overrated Michigan shouldn't be the talk of the day. IMHO

Screw Texas. I want them to fail until they have paid dues to be in this conference. And they aren't the any kind of UT, they are TX. Period.

Michigan shouldn't have been ranked 10th
But they were. It was a Top 10 match-up, so it was going to get top billing over No.14 vs. No. 24. Someone could easily play the same game with NC State and say they shouldn't have been ranked at all. But they were. It may be correct that both Michigan and NC State suck, but in Week 2, it was reasonable and not any evidence of anti-Vol bias that these two ranked match-ups led the program, with the top 10 match-up first.

But they were. It was a Top 10 match-up, so it was going to get top billing over No.14 vs. No. 24. Someone could easily play the same game with NC State and say they shouldn't have been ranked at all. But they were. It may be correct that both Michigan and NC State suck, but in Week 2, it was reasonable and not any evidence of anti-Vol bias that these two ranked match-ups led the program, with the top 10 match-up first.
Oh I agree in principle and am by no means crying anti vol bias, just dislike tex and Michigan. Not insinuating we should be anywhere better than we are, just believe Michigan to be overrated and all the tx loves makes me ill

I thought it was pretty fair coverage. Seemed to highlight what Nico was doing well while showing the mistakes he made. The defensive highlights were golden.
Freshman make mistakes. He’s not a world beater yet but he can get there!

That's the beauty of not watching anything but the games and not giving a schiit what any hack talking heads say or think.

Reactions: Raebo and Hacksaw
I thought it was pretty fair coverage. Seemed to highlight what Nico was doing well while showing the mistakes he made. The defensive highlights were golden.
Freshman make mistakes. He’s not a world beater yet but he can get there!
This. And what the average SEC fan is most interested in regarding Tennessee this year beside the basic who won the game is how did Nico play and they showed the good and the bad.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am a leader in the "espn hates us" group but I do admit, at least this year we are actively seen in the game day introduction song "were coming to your city". Although not as good in the distant years, but lots better than the last four years or so. We didn't get one single reference for a while, other than a UT player getting crushed by alabama player. We are in at least 6 clips during the song, and it even says GO VOLS in the song itself. I admit I loved it when a few years ago, it said Give me some of that Rocky top Tennessee in the song. That being said there are too many ex players who are big in the espn analyst, and hosts positions who hate us, and it will always reflect that.

I am a leader in the "espn hates us" group but I do admit, at least this year we are actively seen in the game day introduction song "were coming to your city". Although not as good in the distant years, but lots better than the last four years or so. We didn't get one single reference for a while, other than a UT player getting crushed by alabama player. We are in at least 6 clips during the song, and it even says GO VOLS in the song itself. I admit I loved it when a few years ago, it said Give me some of that Rocky top Tennessee in the song. That being said there are too many ex players who are big in the espn analyst, and hosts positions who hate us, and it will always reflect that.
Chris Doering just said on ESPN radio that he thinks we can win it all.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
ESPN has crappy cameramanship, too. Is that a word? If so, ABC did a great job and the announcers did a good job. (Herb Kirkstreit?)

Texas did little more than beat a mediocre Michigan team with an entirely new staff and systems on both sides of the ball. Michigan shouldn't have been ranked 10th, not to say lil T isn't good, just that beating an overrated Michigan shouldn't be the talk of the day. IMHO
Michigan could be 5-5 & some would say they’re the best 5-5 team in history

VN Store

Back