SI.com's SEC Preview...

Three straight Rose Bowls is probably why they like BB. That said, the parallels between Arky and UT are uncanny. Both are breaking in a new QB, have young and inexperienced WRs, need to improve immensely on Defense, and have a coach from another conference that has instilled some excitement in the fanbase. Arky is probably a 6-6 team just like UT. The West is brutal.

The East is brutal.

No way Bielema is a better coach than Butch.

Bielema peaked at Wisconsin. Butch is a coach on the rise. He would have won 11-12 games this year at Cincy and challenged Louisville for the Big East championship.

Bielema peaked at Wisconsin. Butch is a coach on the rise. He would have won 11-12 games this year at Cincy and challenged Louisville for the Big East championship.

Bielema won three straight Big 10 titles. That >>>>>>>>> doing anything in the Conference-Formerly-Known-As The Big East.

Reactions: 1 person
Bielema won three straight Big 10 titles. That >>>>>>>>> doing anything in the Conference-Formerly-Known-As The Big East.

I actually like Bielema as a coach however there were fairly open rumors that Alvarez still ran the football program at Wisconsin. There's no net for Bielema now and to say he's stepped up in competition is a pretty dramatic understatement. Jones has too... but his history is coaching mid-level talent into conference contention.

Bielema has a weird looking head. :crazy:

Vandy prob wins 4-5 games next yr Here is my SEC East prediction:

UGA 11-1
UF 10-2
UT 7-5 (possible 8-4)
Vandy 5-7
UK 4-8

as for the West Bama likely goes 12-0 as for the rest I really wouldn't know where to put them at...

SEC Championship Bama vs UGA Bama wins another SEC title in another barn burner like last yr when UGA was like 5 yds away from going to the NC game...I watched it and I was so mad!!

Last edited:

UGA 11-1
UF 10-2
UT 7-5 (possible 8-4)
Vandy 5-7
UK 4-8

as for the West Bama likely goes 12-0 as for the rest I really wouldn't know where to put them at...

SEC Championship Bama vs UGA Bama wins another SEC title in another barn burner like last yr when UGA was like 5 yds away from going to the NC game...I watched it and I was so mad!!

Yep, the air goes out of candys' balloon this season. :lol:

UGA 11-1
UF 10-2
UT 7-5 (possible 8-4)
Vandy 5-7
UK 4-8

It definitely helps our cause that in your scenario, South Carolina and Missouri have obviously dropped football.

Reactions: 2 people
Bielema is going to find out real fast why the sec is the best confrence in college football he is in for a rude awakeing he is in the hardest side of the sec the big bad west

Bielema is going to find out real fast why the sec is the best confrence in college football he is in for a rude awakeing he is in the hardest side of the sec the big bad west

But Butch isn't in for the same rude awakening? Right? Smh.

But Butch isn't in for the same rude awakening? Right? Smh.

I don't think he is really, in that I think he already has a better since of that sort of competition then our last two coaches born with silver sports spoons in their mouth. He's worked his way up from the bottom, he didn't ride daddy's name, guys like that that have earned their way up, generally do not take anything for granted. He knows what he is up against, but he'll roll up his sleeves and I think has the work ethic and skill to do what we need to get done right now.

Reactions: 1 person
No, he rode Brian Kelly's coattails.

I think Butch is a good coach, but you are off the reservation trying to make these kinds of comparisons.

You're a bit far from home yourself seems like.

Butch Has shown what he can do on his own, and worked his way up, i can't say that about Kiffin or Dooley....I was on the mark. Your comparison however to Kelly is a bit unfounded He had already proved himself at Central Michigan....he has been very much a self made man... his style of offense is also certainly more complex in timing as well.

You're a bit far from home yourself seems like.

Butch Has shown what he can do on his own, and worked his way up, i can't say that about Kiffin or Dooley....I was on the mark. Your comparison however to Kelly is a bit unfounded He had already proved himself at Central Michigan....he has been very much a self made man... his style of offense is also certainly more complex in timing as well.

He followed Kelly at CMU. Tennessee is Jones' first head coaching gig where he did not take over a conference championship team from Brian Kelly.

I don't disagree that he's more proven than Kiffin or Dooley, but this who "self made man" thing is patently untrue. He's been very fortunate to take over two programs that were built by another very good coach.

VN Store

Back