SI.com's SEC Preview...

Ill get flamed for this but Charlie Strong was the best coach available in terms of X and O on the market last offseason. He knows exactly how to play and win on the defensive side of the ball in the SEC, and he took a Lousiville team that had half the talent Flordia did and beat them straight up. I feel our best assets with Butch our his leadership, recruiting, and drive. I've never been a huge fan of a spread offense like A&Ms last year, but Butch will bring the run game with him also. I'm excited yet cautious about the future of our offense until I see full commitment to power run the football. I'm all for speeding the game up and getting our players in supreme shape, but in three years I want a power run game in which we don't have to rely on our starting MLB on goal line situations to score the ball. I have full faith in this staff to get that done, and I have full faith with Jancek and others on the other end to bring the house and cause turnovers and sacks, which is what Jancek likes to do. Hell, honestly I'm just ready to quit talking about it and start watching the Butch Jones era with excitement and a smile on my face as I see some VOLS football.

He was the one I wanted too because I thought he would have a recruiting advantage. I think we ended up with the best coach available.

ICBJWT!

Bielema is going to find out real fast why the sec is the best confrence in college football he is in for a rude awakeing he is in the hardest side of the sec the big bad west

CBB is like CPF, big line, great RBs, North-South running, wear um down type team. I just don't think he has that level of talent yet...and he didn't really recruit that well last year either, due to shortened recruiting time at Arky.

I don't disagree that he's more proven than Kiffin or Dooley, but this who "self made man" thing is patently untrue.

Hey...

1313494352_will_power_finger_salute_to_officials.gif

Reactions: 1 person
He followed Kelly at CMU. Tennessee is Jones' first head coaching gig where he did not take over a conference championship team from Brian Kelly.

I don't disagree that he's more proven than Kiffin or Dooley, but this who "self made man" thing is patently untrue. He's been very fortunate to take over two programs that were built by another very good coach.

Because we all know that it is very easy to take over a team that has won championships and keep winning championships. Happens all the time. GTFO Bama troll

Because we all know that it is very easy to take over a team that has won championships and keep winning championships. Happens all the time. GTFO Bama troll

It's certainly easier than taking over a lousy team and turning it into a championship contender. Heck, Larry Coker almost won back-to-back titles at Miami, and he couldn't get another job until UTSA started up a football program.

He followed Kelly at CMU. Tennessee is Jones' first head coaching gig where he did not take over a conference championship team from Brian Kelly.

I don't disagree that he's more proven than Kiffin or Dooley, but this who "self made man" thing is patently untrue. He's been very fortunate to take over two programs that were built by another very good coach.

Boy id love to throw some hot grease on you

It's certainly easier than taking over a lousy team and turning it into a championship contender. Heck, Larry Coker almost won back-to-back titles at Miami, and he couldn't get another job until UTSA started up a football program.

Stop deflecting. It is still very difficult.

kelly left Cincy with hardly anything.......he built the program.enough for him to move somewhere else

:dance2:I am no expert.Only an opinion like everyone else.But Tennessee has too many good players to go 6-6.The very players are not going to stand for this.More likely 7-5,but I am saying 8-4.Probable loses.
1.Alabama
2.Oregon
3.Georgia
4.South Carolina

Compared to what? Not winning a conference title? Seems sort of obvious.

For you, brushing your tooth and mullet before bedtime.

You are a moron. Please go away.
Scroll up to Sgt Nick Fury's post @ 08-23-2013, 06:16 PM

For you, brushing your tooth and mullet before bedtime.

You are a moron. Please go away.
Scroll up to Sgt Nick Fury's post @ 08-23-2013, 06:16 PM

Please educate me. I want to absorb more of your insights like 'winning is harder than not winning.'

VN Store

Back