VolFaninFla

MSN

Pate later revealed his top five loudest atmospheres in college football:

1. Neyland Stadium - Tennessee Volunteers
2. Tiger Stadium (Death Valley) - LSU Tigers
3. Autzen Stadium - Oregon Ducks
4. Beaver Stadium (Happy Valley) - Penn State Nittany Lions
5. Bryant-Denny Stadium - Alabama Crimson Tide

"Neyland Stadium is the loudest place I've ever been," Pate said.

MSN

That is a cool list to be the leader on.

Neyland is a huge, rusty, and cramped, but damn it all if we don’t get loud and have the best pee troughs in the league.
Our fans are as good as any, but it’s the cramped stadium that makes our 100,000 louder than their 100,000.

Here’s to the ole ten a’ pee troughs!

I still don't get Bryant-Denny. I've been there. It doesn't get THAT loud. Hell I would wager that Ben Hill Griffin and Jordan-Hare are louder atmospheres than Bryant Denny.
The young Bama fans I talk to say that the old money grey hair fans up front are the reason for this. They rarely stand or get super loud compared to the rest of the fans.

I had one guy I worked with say that he was finally able to go to a game about a decade into Saban's tenure, and he ended up getting "a talking to" by an old timer who said something like "we're Tide, we don't need to yell to win. That is for the lesser programs."

From his reactions and previews I've seen on YouTube I feel like he definitely is a "glass half full" when it comes to Tennessee.
I think he appreciates the cultural turn around we have had since the dark days. He has been reporting on SEC football for a while and claims to have heard some back room stuff. He has openly stated he likes what he hears at Tennessee and that the team culture is so much better than it has been in the past.

Love or hate Heupel and Danny, things are definitely different around here now.

Reactions: g0d0fm15ch13f
Our fans are as good as any, but it’s the cramped stadium that makes our 100,000 louder than their 100,000.

Here’s to the ole ten a’ pee troughs!
The Clayton Mobile Homes metal design definitely amplifies the shrill cross-eyed cries of the hillbillies writhing in the pain of decades of losses. We just need to put a Kraco power booster under every seat, and a whiskey IV in every arm. We’d never lose again

Last edited:
The young Bama fans I talk to say that the old money grey hair fans up front are the reason for this. They rarely stand or get super loud compared to the rest of the fans.

I had one guy I worked with say that he was finally able to go to a game about a decade into Saban's tenure, and he ended up getting "a talking to" by an old timer who said something like "we're Tide, we don't need to yell to win. That is for the lesser programs."
Sounds like the southern version of OSU. The Shoe, from what I hear, is not all that loud, despite being a coliseum-style like Neyland and Tiger Stadium and actually having a larger capacity than both.

I still don't get Bryant-Denny. I've been there. It doesn't get THAT loud. Hell I would wager that Ben Hill Griffin and Jordan-Hare are louder atmospheres than Bryant Denny.
I was at the Bama game last year. I agree with you. It wasn’t that loud. I was at Tiger Stadium two years ago for our game. It wasn’t that loud either but it was an 11am start and we jumped all over them early.

The Clayton Mobile Homes metal design definitely amplifies the shrill cross-eyed cries of the hillbillies writhing in the pain of decades of losses. We just need to put a Kraco power booster under every seat, and a whiskey IV in every arm. We’d never lose again
Make this poster the Commissioner of Tennessee Football

Neyland is a huge, rusty, and cramped, but damn it all if we don’t get loud and have the best pee troughs in the league.
Nothing makes me more proud to be a Tennessee vol than those troughs. When I look at my comrades johnson next to me and pat him on the shoulder and say "how bout them vols" n he lookin over at me "bout em vols" it's bout football time n Tennessee baby!

MSN

I was @ Bama for 2009 game. To be honest, it wasn’t loud imo.

I’ve been to UGA, KY, USC Jr, Vandy, Oklahoma, Orange Bowl, Gator Bowl, Auburn, & MS State. Neyland is by far the loudest imo. My son said LSU wasn’t louse in 2022 game but it was @ 11am and we got a big lead early in game.

I’ve been told that Oregon is extremely loud as their stadium is built differently???

Go Vols! Beat Bama!

I was @ Bama for 2009 game. To be honest, it wasn’t loud imo.

I’ve been to UGA, KY, USC Jr, Vandy, Oklahoma, Orange Bowl, Gator Bowl, Auburn, & MS State. Neyland is by far the loudest imo. My son said LSU wasn’t louse in 2022 game but it was @ 11am and we got a big lead early in game.

I’ve been told that Oregon is extremely loud as their stadium is built differently???

Go Vols! Beat Bama!
Oregon is loud but I wouldn’t say louder than Neyland.

The Swamp in its heyday was incredibly loud too. Out of the SEC stadiums I have been too, it was the only other place I have been to that was comparable.

Would probably also give a whole new meaning to "season" tickets...

1729209276499.png

Reactions: Stoerner Fumbles
Only pee troughs in the League. Almost 100 years old, but they made them very well back then.
They're a part of every fan's memories going back to... how far?

If they took 'em out and auctioned 'em off, I wonder what they'd go for? And I wonder where they would end up being used?

Oughta have a sign over 'em -- "37 Million Served"

Sounds like the southern version of OSU. The Shoe, from what I hear, is not all that loud, despite being a coliseum-style like Neyland and Tiger Stadium and actually having a larger capacity than both.

Granted I have only been to one tOSU game (I hate the Suckeyes with a passion). In the mid-late 00s though I was given a ticket to the Suckeyes/Wolverine game by a client since I was gonna be in town anyway.

Considering the rivalry, I expected to be deaf for days, but nope. Was kinda like Neyland for a non rivalry conference game-loud, but not uncomfortable. Well it was cold as hell so that part wasn't very comfortable.

Kind of looked to me like the way their stadium was built-at least at the time-there were some gaps in the corners where sound would escape quite easily. Basically they just covered in the open horseshoe end so it's not a true bowl.

If they closed that in completely, place would probably be much louder. Probably pick up another thousand or so cheap seats in the process. Hell, they might have already done it-been the better part of 20 years lol

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land

VN Store

Back