Sick of the Josh Heupel bashing.

What I find odd about peoples opinion of the OU/TN matchup is their concerns on how TN will fare against OU’s “elite” defense. I think they have it backwards lol.
View attachment 677530View attachment 677531
I think some believe Houston, Temple, Tulane are better than Chatt, NC State, and Kent. And our ranking is padded by bad opponents.

Whether true or not, it's tough to make comparisons this early in the season.

I think some believe Houston, Temple, Tulane are better than Chatt, NC State, and Kent. And our ranking is padded by bad opponents.

I get that, but it’s not like their defense was world beaters last year either. I realize Nico hasn’t faced any good defenses since Iowa and he’s inexperienced, but the rest of the offense have seen Bama’s, KY’s, and UGA’s. I think they’ll be fine, and I like our DL more. TN is a more well balanced team.

I get that, but it’s not like their defense was world beaters last year either. I realize Nico hasn’t faced any good defenses since Iowa and he’s inexperienced, but the rest of the offense have seen Bama’s, KY’s, and UGA’s. I think they’ll be fine, and I like our DL more. TN is a more well balanced team.
I agree with everything you said. But I can understand why others think the way they do.

I think our team is strong and is likely getting stronger as the season progresses.

I just find it hilarious that people are accusing him of "running up the score" .... in the 1st Quarter. 1st Quarter!

Even a cupcake game, you're still playing 100% in the 1st Quarter. They dialed it back at halftime. That's sooner than a lot of other coaches would've. We could've won 138-0 if we really wanted to.

And as far as scheduling them, they weren't nearly this bad when we did schedule them. No one thought they were Georgia, but it was a reasonable expectation that they'd be as good as UTSA last year or Bowling Green in 2021. They played in the MAC Championship Game a few years ago. I don't think anyone expected them to be worse than a bad I-AA team at the time.

I just find it hilarious that people are accusing him of "running up the score" .... in the 1st Quarter. 1st Quarter!

Even a cupcake game, you're still playing 100% in the 1st Quarter. They dialed it back at halftime. That's sooner than a lot of other coaches would've. We could've won 138-0 if we really wanted to.

And as far as scheduling them, they weren't nearly this bad when we did schedule them. No one thought they were Georgia, but it was a reasonable expectation that they'd be as good as UTSA last year or Bowling Green in 2021. They played in the MAC Championship Game a few years ago. I don't think anyone expected them to be worse than a bad I-AA team at the time.
I really like our schedule and the pace of our schedule this year.

1. Scrimmage
2. Test away at neutral site
3. Scrimmage
4. Important away game with equal caliber
5. Bye.

Almost a perfect way to prepare for the real season which starts Saturday.

If we beat them by 20-30 we’d be “exposed and overrated”, beating them by 73 makes us “classless”. Lose/lose. People will hate Tennessee either way so we might as well go cut throat. Just my 2 cents.

Our rivals are just pissed that we’re good again.
We should’ve beat them by 50-60 to make their heads spin.

Ole Miss- destroys nobodies and everyone talks about how great they are
Arky- destroys Arkansas Pine Bluff, everybody talks about how great they did.
Missouri- blowout some nobodies and they are a juggernaut.
TN- sets an SEC record for destruction through the first 3 games, well we haven’t played anybody and Heupel is classless.

We all know the narrative. Screw it. If you ain’t hated, you aren’t doing your job.

Good point. I would say NC Staye might be a little better than Tulane this year. But Both schedules have been pretty weak so far.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
These people bashing JH didn't say a word about Ole Miss putting up 76 on Fruman, an FCS school. Kent State could be worse than Fruman, but they are still an FBS school. Honestly scoring quickly allows us to get our starters out of a pointless game faster, its not because JH is an *******, he wants get reps for the young guys and get our starters out so they don't get hurt. Also it's not our job to stop us from scoring, if you cant stop our 2nd and 3rd string guys that's on you.
When the other team lines up 15 yards back from the kicker; that’s something you see and give it a go in real time so you have it in the bag down the road. People bashing huep ain’t gonna say sh** bout the other teams blowing teams out bout 60 and 70

Reactions: feathersax
Ole Miss- destroys nobodies and everyone talks about how great they are
Arky- destroys Arkansas Pine Bluff, everybody talks about how great they did.
Missouri- blowout some nobodies and they are a juggernaut.
TN- sets an SEC record for destruction through the first 3 games, well we haven’t played anybody and Heupel is classless.

We all know the narrative. Screw it. If you ain’t hated, you aren’t doing your job.
It'll be the same if we beat OU too. Same thing that happened in 2022

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain

Kent State kept it respectable against Georgia 2 years ago. That program just torpedoed when their HC left to be Colorado OC. Who knows how long our matchup was in the works.

People on the internet worry too much about stuff that just doesn't matter. People here always worried about what other fans think about us. "Don't be too excited because their fans will think we're happy and settling for mediocrity". "Pump the brakes"

It just doesn't matter...

KJrheG.gif

People bashing you in this sport means you're doing something right and getting close to top Dog Status. Bash on Suckers!!!
Gooo CJH (As he blows the Smoke Offen his Revolver)

OP. This is what WINNING looks like. The bashing and accusations against your head coach a permanently coupled with WINNING! Get used to it. Everyone is simply enjoys of his success, and they want to book their own Star to his to fly higher. Get it?

It was the 1st Quarter, who cares. If CJH was truly unsportsmanlike, we would have hung 100 on them. The fact we kicked 2 FGs in the 2nd half says it all.

VN Store

Back