Sick of the Josh Heupel bashing.

I think some believe Houston, Temple, Tulane are better than Chatt, NC State, and Kent. And our ranking is padded by bad opponents.

Whether true or not, it's tough to make comparisons this early in the season.
That’s a fair discussion if you’re only comparing stats. I think over the course of the season NC St will prove to be the best of those 6 teams and we blew them out. OK had to hang on to beat Tulane who we would be favored by 30+ if they were on our schedule. If the OK fans were honest with themselves, they would realize how fortunate they were with the officials gifting them with the early punting turnover or they may have lost to Tulane.

There’s no denying OK’s offense isn’t rolling yet. I believe they play a true freshman QB whereas our RS freshman QB participated in bowl practices 2 years ago and won a bowl game last year. Logic says their QB has a much greater chance of making mistakes than Nico but we will see Saturday.

VOLS by 30+!

Reactions: McDad
The reason why we are seeing an abundance of condemnation of CJH in the media, message boards, and social media is because of the fear that Tennessee has returned to the top of college football. When one is powerless to physically overpower their opponent, they resort to defamation, slander, and portrayal in a negative light. We should take their incoherent ramblings and nonsensical self-righteous indignation as a compliment. Saban and Belichick became hated in their respective leagues, not because they were bad at their jobs, but because the weak cry and complain as a coping mechanism for fear and worry. Hold your head high, Vol Nation, it will get much worse as we continue to excel.

These people bashing JH didn't say a word about Ole Miss putting up 76 on Fruman, an FCS school. Kent State could be worse than Fruman, but they are still an FBS school. Honestly scoring quickly allows us to get our starters out of a pointless game faster, its not because JH is an *******, he wants get reps for the young guys and get our starters out so they don't get hurt. Also it's not our job to stop us from scoring, if you cant stop our 2nd and 3rd string guys that's on you.
Not to mention he offered to short the game in the second half and they declined.

I wouldn’t worry about it because Josh Heupel sure doesn’t. Heard the Kent State coach was asked if he wanted a continuous running clock for the 4th qtr and he declined. I don’t think he was bashing Heupel because he understands this happens sometimes and wanted his players to play through it. Josh let off the gas in the 4th anyway. We could’ve put 100 up if we had wanted to. The complainers need to understand that.
You don't move up that many points in rankings unless you're ready to pound and demonstrate what you're capable of doing. There is an advantage over other teams knowing this.

It's less about running up the score and more about earning the respect.

Time to get credit where credit is due.

Reactions: Vol Farmer
I think some believe Houston, Temple, Tulane are better than Chatt, NC State, and Kent. And our ranking is padded by bad opponents.

Whether true or not, it's tough to make comparisons this early in the season.
Here is a comparison based on latest CBS Sports polling for all 134 schools. Note that Chattanooga is currently ranked 23rd in the FCS poll and is probably better than either Kent State or Temple but not as good as Houston. On the whole the schedules are pretty even, but the margins of victory are striking. As you say its hard to make much of this because of the sample size, but the best reference point would be we beat the No. 36 team by 41 with the game never in doubt and our backups playing in the 4th qtr. and the Sooners struggled to pull out a 15 point win over the 59th ranked team. It is worth noting Oklahoma also struggled against the 80th ranked team, winning only by 4. On paper the Vols are clearly the better team, but that's why we play the games. All that said Vols by fiddy! GBO!

1726589462716.png

Reactions: Vol Farmer

VN Store

Back