Situation in Venezuela

In the Ukraine thread:

"we must send all the help, money and material we can to Ukraine because it's of vital national interest"

This thread:

"what do you expect us to do?"

F^cking laughable how some of you worship Biden and defend him at all cost.

Lol, don't get mad at me because your hyper-partisanship makes you look like a fool.

I'm not against aiding Guyana in this scenario.

I'm just not going to blame the person in the Whitehouse for not being able to magically make Maduro to not be a POS.

Last edited:
Tradewinds is a CARICOM exercise that occurs every year, in a different CARICOM-participating country.

It just happened to be in Guyana in 2023.

U.S. Army, Guyana Defence Forces Strengthen Military Partnership.

The SFAB is a specialized unit of the U.S. Army established to advise and assist partner nations. Since 2022, the SFAB has conducted several joint training exercises with the GDF to strengthen their capacity and capability at the tactical and operational levels.

I happen to believe war and major geopolitical events do not occur on a whim or within a vacuum,particularly without considering consequence or US response.

So what do you believe would have been the proper course of action that Biden could have taken, to prevent this scenario from occuring?

Lol, don't get mad at me because your hyper-partisanship makes you look like a foot.

I'm not against aiding Guyana in this scenario.

I'm just not going to blame the person in the Whitehouse for not being able to magically for Maduro to not be a POS.

It's your willful ignorance and blind loyalty that makes you look like a fool.

Reactions: InVOLuntary
It's your willful ignorance and blind loyalty that makes you look like a fool.

Yet you can provide no course of action that the president could have preemptively taken, that would have impacted Maduro's behavior.

Yet you can provide no course of action that the president could have preemptively taken, that would have impacted Maduro's behavior.
Heh, that’s not his job, if it were then we would all be in Washington 😆.. you have too high of expectations for all of us lol

Are you moving the goalposts or deflecting from your incorrect statements about the Guyana not wanting US troops inside their country? Hard to tell.

You're the one the made the argument that putting US boots in the jungle would been a deterrent to Maduro, not me.

A simple warning with a show of force from a resolute President would have been enough. Deploy a Marine MEU off the coast of Venezuela, send a brigade from the 82nd (situation is not deserving of the 101st) to Ghana for jungle training.

You're the one the made the argument that putting US boots in the jungle would been a deterrent to Maduro, not me.

Here, let me help you out.

Resolute
admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering

I'll use it in a sentence: A simple warning with a show of force from a resolute President would have been enough.

But look at the damage that administration would do to our international standing and the lack of respect. It's just not worth it...

I’m using MAGA in a literal sense as an ideology. The Dems have stolen it as an anti-Trump slight. We need to put America first. Our government shouldn’t be putting non-American interests ahead of ours as long as we aren’t being criminal or unethical when going about it.

If Venezuela is stirring up **** in our hemisphere, I have no problem hitting them hard. A competent POTUS can do it diplomatically.

No, why would we need to have a stronger presence? We need stronger and more competent leaders on both the civilian and military side of the equation. Leaders that despots are afraid to f^ck with for fear of the consequences.
The world troublemakers don't care how "strong" our leaders are. They only care if there's going to be a military/economic consequence if they invade another country.

Reactions: BeardedVol
The world troublemakers don't care how "strong" our leaders are. They only care if there's going to be a military/economic consequence if they invade another country.
Do you think world troublemakers believe there will be military/economic consequences if they misbehave?

Maduro has literally emptied his prisons and sent them here. ****ing clown show admin.
Crazy idea, how about we draft all the illegal military age Venezuelans into our army, train them on a closed military base then assign them to the Venezuelan border. Probably cost us less to pay military pay than sanctuary city rates and if they try to sneak back into the US they could be considered AWOL

Reactions: malinoisvol
Crazy idea, how about we draft all the illegal military age Venezuelans into our army, train them on a closed military base then assign them to the Venezuelan border. Probably cost us less to pay military pay than sanctuary city rates and if they try to sneak back into the US they could be considered AWOL
They’d end up doing the same thing the Mexican military did when we trained them. They’d get into drug trafficking and use their training against innocent people. We aren’t dealing with people that respect us. We are dealing with people that are jealous and feel like we owe them.

I agree that this would work.

Might I add that Venezuela has a completely incompetent navy. One of their vessels was sunk by a cruise ship.....
Can't be much worse than the Royal navy. Meanwhile, how is a "show of force" working with the Houthis?

yes they do. its all about respect, either of the person or the possible consequences.

just like if you were playing Alabama coached by Nick Saban, vs Alabama coached by Derek Dooley or Jeremy Pruitt.

One inspires respect and your best, the others don't. even if it is the same Alabama team. you play the coaches just as much as you do the team. same with countries. You don't run a trick play and try to grab up land against a Nick Saban coached team, because you know they are well coached and will respond well; but you probably like your odds gaining some free ground against Dooley or Pruitt. It doesn't take a direct action by the coach/president, just tendencies.

its the exact same argument that gets used against Trump all the time, the left believe the world will treat us differently just because Trump is in charge. the same is true here, the rest of the world sees us differently with a Biden, who just had his own government rule he was mentally incompetent, in charge. at this point in time there is no reason for the world to fear the US's response.

Wait, we haven’t bombed Venezuela yet?! Just get the Miss Venezuela/Miss Universe potential candidates out first.

Reactions: Orangeburst
So we are able to defend the territorial integrity of Kosovo, Ukraine, Israel and now Guyana. But no willingness to defend our own border.

Guyana says it gave permission for the US military to fly 2 powerful jets over the capital

The military exercise came just a day after U.S. Marine Corps Maj. Gen Julie Nethercot visited Guyana for talks pertaining to “deterring aggression, defeating threats and rapidly responding to crises,” as the Florida-based U.S. Southern Command reiterated its unwavering support for Guyana.

Reactions: norrislakevol

VN Store

Back