So much for Golesh to UF

Hopefully they are closer to 2009/10 Tennessee than 2019/20 Tennessee. They have already been churning through coaches for a while...they'll hit on one eventually. They have a chance to really start fresh (like we did) with a new President, new AD (probably), and new football HC (almost certainly).
Churning through coaches who were better than the one they have today.

I've seen this movie before. I know how it ends. It'll get worse before it gets better. I can picture Pruitt and Napier swapping war stories on a cruise ship somewhere. Pruitt: "Hey Billie, watch out - you realize you can screw up your buyout, don't you?"

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I was having a bourbon at the bar after a round at the Honors course last weekend. Ran into MIT_Beaver. Impressive how connected that guy is.

He told me Florida had put together a big enough package that they will be able to coax Saban out of retirement. Said it’s getting close to being done.

Reactions: Firebirdparts
I was having a bourbon at the bar after a round at the Honors course last weekend. Ran into MIT_Beaver. Impressive how connected that guy is.

He told me Florida had put together a big enough package that they will be able to coax Saban out of retirement. Said it’s getting close to being done.
1726804577784.gif

If this is accurate, it will make their search very difficult. I am not sure a proven coach would bail on their current job to run to UF.

You can’t spell F***ed without UF.

If this is accurate, it will make their search very difficult. I am not sure a proven coach would bail on their current job to run to UF.
Urban Meyer already said he's not interested. I know he's had somewhat of a checkered past, but Major Applewhite's South Alabama team was impressive last nite demolishing Appy State.

Reactions: feathersax
I think Golesh needs a run at a smaller P4 school before hitting one of the big brands like UF. or it has to be the perfect situation he is walking into.

If Florida is able to keep Lagaway, maybe that's perfect, but I think it would still be a struggle and ugly. No two year turnaround for Golesh there I believe.

Saw an article earlier this week, where writer was talking up Franklin as a candidate. If they go for Kiffin, he won't be available until sometime in January. Some much for their recruiting class and first round of portal transfers.

giphy.gif

Saw an article earlier this week, where writer was talking up Franklin as a candidate. If they go for Kiffin, he won't be available until sometime in January. Some much for their recruiting class and first round of portal transfers.
I could see Franklin making a move, he’s really hit his ceiling at PennState

Reactions: wmcovol
I think Golesh needs a run at a smaller P4 school before hitting one of the big brands like UF. or it has to be the perfect situation he is walking into.

If Florida is able to keep Lagaway, maybe that's perfect, but I think it would still be a struggle and ugly. No two year turnaround for Golesh there I believe.
Interesting take. Josh Heupel came from UCF, then an AAC member, like USF is now and stepped into a dumpster fire at UT.

Reactions: P.O.T.S. VOL

Man, that's really taking it back old school.

Reactions: feathersax

VN Store

Back