So Who Really Is Our Biggest Rival?

Biggest Rival?

• Total voters

JSB2277

Im sure some of the old-timers dont really consider UGA a rivalry, but with the way the series has been going the past few years, I decided to include them

if u think about it, it has rotated between all three of them in recent history.

it really boils down to who we have a losing streak against at the time.

and right now we have beat them all.

if we played auburn every year it would be them right now.

Football - Florida

Basketball - Kentucky

LadyVol Basketball - Pukeonn

Baseball - Who knows??

Well, I think there are two ways you can look at it. Your most skilled opponnent and the opponnent you have had the rivalry against for the most amount of time.

Florida was probably the best team in the SEC in the nineties as a whole because of Spurrier and Tennessee the biggest challenger, so the Tennessee-Florida rivalry was certainly there. That one hasn't quite died down.

Now it's with Georgia because I believe they are the only other perenial SEC power at the moment. Except a lot of Tennessee fans I've seen have respect for Mark Richt, unlike Spurrier.

But the big rivalry has to be with Bama. It's intesne, passionate and powerful.

yeah but alabama has fallen way off the map. to many rich players. :eek:lol:

i do think the florida game will gain some steam though. ol' turban urban will have they crocs ready.

I think UGA and UF are but in a good way. Alabama is our biggest rival, I believe, but it has gotten really ugly!!!!!

1- Bama
2-UGA
3-UF

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Feb 13, 2005 5:21 PM
yeah but alabama has fallen way off the map. to many rich players. :eek:lol:

i do think the florida game will gain some steam though. ol' turban urban will have they crocs ready.

:lol: Yeah, I think Urban will probably end up doing pretty well in Gainesville. Kinda like the Vols-Gators rivalry when Spurrier was at the helm, except this time the Vols will have the Gators dialed in. B)

i hope so. i am gonna cry if we do not beat them.

i mean i want to win by 40.

when was the last time we beat the crocs by more than 30 points?

allvol u there?

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Feb 13, 2005 5:27 PM
ok. but what about outside of the eastern division. or outside of the sec?

I dunno. That usually comes from teams that were in the same conferences at one point, i.e. Florida vs. Miami/FSU and Georgia vs. Georgia Tech. The only big historical rival of Tennessee has been Bama, but they've been in the same conference the whole time.

Oh, Notre Dame is a good one. But now that the Domers have gone by the wayside, I don't think they have that many big games any more. No big games since they played the Army fifty years ago. Their game vs. USC would be big if they stood a chance of victory.

I think most of us "old timers" will always hate Bama more than anyone else. GA and FLA are equal rivals to me.

Hey Checkerboard Chuck, I like the avatar you have! I know that is Deion Grant making the interception in '98, but who is the CB that has been beaten by the gator in the pic?

I think no matter how bad alabama is, they will always be our biggest rival. Just think of the games that we have had aginst them the past couple of years.

I'd say as a bitter rival it would be Bama.....As a competitive rivalry it would be Florida....And as a newer rivalry more competitive than bitter is UGA....Biggest rival though, would be Florida...Sets the tone for the season

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 13, 2005 6:07 PM
I'd say as a bitter rival it would be Bama.....As a competitive rivalry it would be Florida....And as a newer rivalry more competitive than bitter is UGA....Biggest rival though, would be Florida...Sets the tone for the season

I'd say as long as Florida stays our SEC opener, it will be the biggest regular season game but not the biggest rivalry. That honor occurs on the third Saturday of October.

I have to go with Bama. The UGA and UF games are more important since they are in the east division but Bama makes my blood boil more than any other.

id say alabama is the oldest and will always be a close game... but theres just soemthing about UT florida that is there when u watch or go to the game... im sure most of you know what i mean.. but its just like when u beat them.. you know youve done something very special. UT florida is my favorite outa all them

alabama... they got the history and all the championships, and all the hatred between both sides, its got to be one of the all time best rivalries in college football history

Originally posted by volzfan08@Feb 13, 2005 7:15 PM
alabama... they got the history and all the championships, and all the hatred between both sides, its got to be one of the all time best rivalries in college football history

It really is one of the greatest rivalries in all of college ball.

Harvard vs. Yale
Army vs. Navy
Tennessee vs. Alabama
Oregon vs. Oregon State
Auburn vs. Alabama
Florida vs. Florida State
Michigan vs. Ohio State

I know you're close by . . .but was I supposed to keep a straight face when you slipped Oregon/Oregon State in there?

VN Store

Back