Notre Dame vs. USC
Texas vs. Oklahoma
Oklahoma vs. Nebraska
UCLA vs. USC
Cal vs. Stanford
Michigan vs. Ohio State

etc...etc...etc...

Originally posted by Volman130@Feb 13, 2005 8:51 PM
I think most of us "old timers" will always hate Bama more than anyone else. GA and FLA are equal rivals to me.

Hey Checkerboard Chuck, I like the avatar you have! I know that is Deion Grant making the interception in '98, but who is the CB that has been beaten by the gator in the pic?

not sure.

either teddy "i couldnt cover my grandma" gaines. or dwayne goodrich.

Alabama hands down!! There is nothing more I like to do then to rub it in there face when I talk to them :D

Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 13, 2005 7:26 PM
I know you're close by . . .but was I supposed to keep a straight face when you slipped Oregon/Oregon State in there?

I figured you'd be okay with me putting the sixth-oldest football rivalry in the country on my list. Or is 1894 not old enough for you?

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly+Feb 13, 2005 10:37 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (checkerboard_charly @ Feb 13, 2005 10:37 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Volman130@Feb 13, 2005 8:51 PM
I think most of us "old timers" will always hate Bama more than anyone else.  GA and FLA are equal rivals to me.

Hey Checkerboard Chuck,  I like the avatar you have&#33;  I know that is Deion Grant making the interception in &#39;98, but who is the CB that has been beaten by the gator in the pic?

not sure.

either teddy "i couldnt cover my grandma" gaines. or dwayne goodrich. [/quote]
Your rigtht Charley, probably Gaines. What a play by Grant. I remember that play like it happened yesterday.

That was a great game between two rivals, even better than last seasons game with the gators.

GO VOLS&#33;

Bama hands down, Fl and Ga are big games but no way they compare to the rivalry with Bama, NO WAY&#33;

Originally posted by milohimself+Feb 14, 2005 12:20 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (milohimself @ Feb 14, 2005 12:20 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-GAVol@Feb 13, 2005 7:26 PM
I know you&#39;re close by . . .but was I supposed to keep a straight face when you slipped Oregon/Oregon State in there?

I figured you&#39;d be okay with me putting the sixth-oldest football rivalry in the country on my list. Or is 1894 not old enough for you? [/quote]
No problem Milo . . . you can put anybody on your list that you want. The game just doesn&#39;t quite enter my mind - probably because I&#39;m 3,000 miles away.

Look at it this way. We&#39;ve been playing Vandy since 1892 . . . noboody has cared since about 1950.

Originally posted by dan4vols@Feb 14, 2005 11:08 AM
didnt the vols lose to vandy in 82&#39;?...lotta vol fans cared then lol...

1982 - That&#39;s right.

I just looked all the way back to 1960 and could only find 3 losses and a tie to Vandy in the last 44 years. Vandy was pretty good in the early years, but it was a pretty rough second half of the 20th century for them.

All time historical rival...BAMA.

GA/FLA, sure.

However, the only one we have never owned for a long stretch, say 8-10 years would be FLA. Although Alabama is the traditional rivalry of rivalries, FLA has been a nemsis. Love em or hate em (including Spurrier), they have been a thorn in our side and have had us dialed in more thimes than not over the last decade plus. I expect to beat Alabama and Georgia, and even though UGA beat us 4 in a row we had them the previous nine as well as 9-11 straight over Bama. Expect to lose one now and then to them as well. But, we were never able to handle FLA consistently. That would be the sweetest victory category.

I don&#39;t think that anybody will disagree with me in saying the Army vs. Navy game is the best rivalry in all of college ball. The players in that game aren&#39;t even going pro nowadays -- They&#39;re just playing for the love of the game.

Originally posted by GAVol+Feb 14, 2005 11:17 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Feb 14, 2005 11:17 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-dan4vols@Feb 14, 2005 11:08 AM
didnt the vols lose to vandy in 82&#39;?...lotta vol fans cared then  lol...

1982 - That&#39;s right.

I just looked all the way back to 1960 and could only find 3 losses and a tie to Vandy in the last 44 years. Vandy was pretty good in the early years, but it was a pretty rough second half of the 20th century for them. [/quote]
Hard to believe that when General Neyland was hired he was told to find a way to beat Vandy (or something to that effect) :lol:

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 14, 2005 6:19 PM
I don&#39;t think that anybody will disagree with me in saying the Army vs. Navy game is the best rivalry in all of college ball. The players in that game aren&#39;t even going pro nowadays -- They&#39;re just playing for the love of the game.

ill have to agree with you milo, just watching that game and seeing the losing cadets have to face their peers at the end of the game, most of them crying, just shows how important this game is to some people

Originally posted by MyBloodRunnethOrange+Feb 14, 2005 7:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MyBloodRunnethOrange @ Feb 14, 2005 7:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by GAVol@Feb 14, 2005 11:17 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-dan4vols
@Feb 14, 2005 11:08 AM
didnt the vols lose to vandy in 82&#39;?...lotta vol fans cared then  lol...

1982 - That&#39;s right.

I just looked all the way back to 1960 and could only find 3 losses and a tie to Vandy in the last 44 years. Vandy was pretty good in the early years, but it was a pretty rough second half of the 20th century for them.

Hard to believe that when General Neyland was hired he was told to find a way to beat Vandy (or something to that effect) :lol: [/quote]
At one time, Tennessee&#39;s record against vandy:

0-9-1.

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Vandebilt believe it or not was a pretty good football team in the early 1900s. but that was a loooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggg time ago. back when dinosaurs walked the earth.

Between 1900 and 1940-Vanderbilt
1940-1990-Bama
1990-now-FLORIDA

They are in the east and this rivalry is not as streaky as Alabama and Georgia. Those are still really big games, though. Since this is the first SEC game of the season, it can be a "make or break" game for the year and the right to play in the Georgia Dome.

Originally posted by #10_Ainge_#10@Feb 13, 2005 10:31 PM
Miami vs. Florida State should be on there...so should Miami vs. Florida

Miami vs. the Dade County D.A.&#39;s Office has and will remain the "U"s greatest rival.

I&#39;ve stayed out of this one long enough, so here&#39;s my piece...

I hate &#39;em all.

I hate anything in crimson a little more.

I hate Vandy because, well, they&#39;re Vandy.

I hate Florida because, well, they think they are Alabama.

I hate UGA...OK, they are all big rivals. Hard to chose.

Originally posted by orangetd88@Feb 17, 2005 10:47 PM
I hate &#39;em all.

Well said . . . When it comes down to it, they all suck in subtle ways and if they are lining up across from us, they are the enemy.

VN Store

Back