So why are Ainge & JayBay sinking to new lows?

TechnoVol

The show on Tennessee Sports Radio used to be really informative.

Now it seems they are more focused on trying to be cute and funny with sophomoric jokes/innuendo. It's getting really old and pretty soon I'll drop listening altogether.

TSR could really flourish if they would re-focus this show to more relevant UT and SEC sports conversation while mixing in Ainge's in-depth discussions on different aspects of the Xs & Os.

JayBay brings nothing to the table... However; if sophomoric humor is what you're after, then I guess it helps to have a sidekick that will play along.

Reactions: 4 people
Sort of see your point, but who are you going to listen to? The Sports Animal is worse. At least Ainge knows the game he is talking about.

Reactions: 2 people
I am not a fan of TSR. I have tuned in several times at different times of the day. All I ever hear is a bunch of gossip... no news... just gossip

Reactions: 1 person
It's the offseason. There's basically nothing going on. Relax. I'm hopeful the show will get more interesting again once we get closer to football season.

I don't go in for their brand of humor too much either, but I'd still rather listen to them screw around than turn on the sport animal and have to listen to the incessant brown nosing or all the local hosts who want to pretend they're national pundits and just discuss a bunch of national sports topics I can read about more thoroughly on ESPN or any other site.

Reactions: 2 people
to be fair, it's June/July. There's not really a whole lot going on. If they continue during fall practice and the season then it could be an issue

Reactions: 6 people
to be fair, it's June/July. There's not really a whole lot going on. If they continue during fall practice and the season then it could be an issue

I agree with this ^^^

I'll see what happens once August rolls around but until then, it's pretty easy to just listen to music on the drive into work.

They primarily focus on UT football and some basketball. It being the middle of the summer, what else are they going to talk about? I guess they could talk about womens table tennis for two hours like the sports animal does.

They primarily focus on UT football and some basketball. It being the middle of the summer, what else are they going to talk about? I guess they could talk about womens table tennis for two hours like the sports animal does.

How about JayBay line up some guests that we might like to hear from?

Reactions: 4 people
Just be happy you're not in the Nashville market. All we have sports talk wise is George Plaster and Clay Travis.

Reactions: 7 people
The show on Tennessee Sports Radio used to be really informative.

Now it seems they are more focused on trying to be cute and funny with sophomoric jokes/innuendo. It's getting really old and pretty soon I'll drop listening altogether.

TSR could really flourish if they would re-focus this show to more relevant UT and SEC sports conversation while mixing in Ainge's in-depth discussions on different aspects of the Xs & Os.

JayBay brings nothing to the table... However; if sophomoric humor is what you're after, then I guess it helps to have a sidekick that will play along.

It's summer.

I like Swains show a lot better than Ainges show. I do not like Seth Stokes, he offers nothing and He will try and disagree with Swain then turn around and agree with Swain on the same subject he just disagreed with him on. He is really pathetic. Swain is better off doing his show by himself.

I listen to the Ainge show on podcast every night at work on 3rd shift, I think they're doing a great job pushing thru the summer. In about a month fall camp will start and Ainge is going to practices so that should make for some awesome insights into the team

I used to listen to ESPN Radio app and different sports broadcasts when I lived in Knoxville for 5.5 years

I agree with what most others have said. It's the middle of the summer and there's absolutely nothing going on other than recruiting and summer conditioning, and those get pounded into the ground every day. Here lately it's been Aaron Hernandez talk 24/7 and that's getting old quick too. But I guess it's nice to see the humorous side of EA and feels more personal when they crack jokes about stuff because usually I feel the same. Sports talk is pretty good in Knoxville compared to other markets. I always liked 700WLW when I lived in Ohio, but everything else was Buckeyes, which sucked. And be thankful we don't have to listen to Finebaum or Clay Travis everyday.

I used to listen to ESPN Radio app and different sports broadcasts when I lived in Knoxville for 5.5 years

Talking about out of market ESPN radio? WVLZ was ESPN Radio Knoxville, but dropped out and TSR was formed. I enjoyed ESPN-Knox for the sportscenter updates and ESPNRadio game broadcasts, plus signal strength was better then

Talking about out of market ESPN radio? WVLZ was ESPN Radio Knoxville, but dropped out and TSR was formed. I enjoyed ESPN-Knox for the sportscenter updates and ESPNRadio game broadcasts, plus signal strength was better then

I downloaded the ESPN Radio app on my iPhone. They had all the podcasts up from the primetime shows the night before (Around The Horn, PTI, NFL Live, CFB Live). They also had live radio for (then) Jim Rome, Cowherd, SVP.

I mostly used it to listen to Mike and Mike in the Morning.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree with what most others have said. It's the middle of the summer and there's absolutely nothing going on other than recruiting and summer conditioning, and those get pounded into the ground every day. Here lately it's been Aaron Hernandez talk 24/7 and that's getting old quick too. But I guess it's nice to see the humorous side of EA and feels more personal when they crack jokes about stuff because usually I feel the same. Sports talk is pretty good in Knoxville compared to other markets. I always liked 700WLW when I lived in Ohio, but everything else was Buckeyes, which sucked. And be thankful we don't have to listen to Finebaum or Clay Travis everyday.

Everything is good with this post, but this is a little iffy.

Everything is good with this post, but this is a little iffy.

I did just move here from OH so I may be a little biased because it's all Vols, (between 7am-8pm) all the time lol. Also, I haven't listened to much radio in other major markets.

Do they have an app like sports animal does? I'm in NC, but I'd love to listen to the show.

VN Store

Back