Stache Talk with Kirby Connell and Other Related Podcasts

This might be a strange ask, especially the day after the huge win last night. Kirby and Parker Serrano are looking for a place to live next year. Real life stuff. Anybody run across a 2 bedroom anything for rent reasonably. Please let me know. They have been looking so I figured I would try to help connell_jeff@yahoo.com.

Nope. I wear the txbo's favorite jersey, the checkerboard Vollie Fingers Jersey. Plus I'm never in the stands. I stood on the walkway above our ondeck circle.
Right on. Just curious because they panned to that guy when Kirby was getting his curtain call. I kinda hoped it was you so you could have that pic for yourself.

The guys doing their thing at East Tennessee Children's Hospital.
447612750_475927691623994_2601373033494300192_n.jpg
447778151_475927828290647_1970367617443534976_n.jpg
May be an image of 4 people, hat, hospital and text
447641758_475927918290638_2273235922147254342_n.jpg
May be an image of 4 people, hospital and text
447777631_475927941623969_4027930349357116260_n.jpg
447778912_475927841623979_7079373525842986820_n.jpg
May be an image of 6 people, hospital and text
May be an image of 5 people, people smiling, hospital and text that says 'T STUDENTS- THAN WATHLETES ATHL HAMPS 1 地''T STUDENTS- THAN WATHLETES ATHL HAMPS 1 地'
May be an image of 2 people, hospital and text
May be an image of 5 people and hospital
May be an image of 4 people, hat, hospital and text
May be an image of 4 people, people smiling, hospital and text
These pics just reiterate how sports can brighten one’s day.

Kudos to the Kirby and his teammates. I’m sure it was a thrill for these little kids to see a few TN players.

This puts things into perspective.

Check out this article from Knoxville News:

Kirby Connell is a most deserving Tennessee baseball fan favorite in College World Series

There is a place for a guy like this on any roster. He's a true fireman. His role is to come into a tight situation, probably late in the game, get a couple outs and strand runners. With all the fireballers in major league bullpens, he'd be a nice change of pace. You wouldn't want him going through the lineup a second time. He's also durable and can be used time and time again. My Reds had a guy play a role like this, Scott Sullivan. He was huge to our success. Even when Kirby's not pitching, he'd be valuable in any clubhouse. If I'm a major league GM I absolutely draft him. Use him in this role only and watch him climb to the majors

@preacherman20 , I’d like to send along my heartfelt thanks for all the work you, Kirby, and the players put into the stache talk podcasts. As we know, the season turned out to be spectacular. However, having listened to stache talk with the boys made it all the more special, because we really feel like we know the guys, their personalities, funny stories, and of course their superstitions and how they felt about Q. Thanks again for doing this!

@preacherman20 , I’d like to send along my heartfelt thanks for all the work you, Kirby, and the players put into the stache talk podcasts. As we know, the season turned out to be spectacular. However, having listened to stache talk with the boys made it all the more special, because we really feel like we know the guys, their personalities, funny stories, and of course their superstitions and how they felt about Q. Thanks again for doing this!
I feel the same way, got to know all the players and learn what great people they all are.

I feel the same way, got to know all the players and learn what great people they all are.
Like the others, I am so appreciative of Kirby and you for this thread and helping make a spectacular year even better getting to know more about the players. I bought one of Kirby’s jerseys from you and wore it in Omaha and will wear it for years to come. I became more invested in this Team than any other UT team before and feel like they are family, too. As the celebration of winning the national championship began, I deliberately forced myself not to think about this being the last time this group would be playing together. At 73 years, of all my moments in sports and I’ve been fortunate to see many UT teams and momentous wins since the 1960’s in person, this 2024 BaseVols team and my LNS & Omaha experiences this year have been the best in my life! May God bless you and your family.

VN Store

Back