Stan Drayton confirmed as RB coach (merged)

Fulmer needs to offer him something more then a lateral move. IMO he's got a lot more job security working for Meyer, then perennial hot seat candidate Fulmer. Either more money, responsibility, etc.

I think it's probably an attractive opportunity for him. He would come to a program that recruits top-shelf running backs and actually hands them the ball.

Yeah, it isn't just a lateral move because of the fact he doesn't get much recognition other than in recruiting at UF.

I'd say it's a lot easier to be a good recruiter at Florida than at Tennessee. Most of their recruits are instate....they have won a NC this decade....they're media darlings...they use an offense that attracts playmakers. Did I leave anything out?

Yes, they're a bunch of ***clowns!!!:dance2:

I think there are a lot of coaches who would like to to coach under Meyer and learn his spread option offense. How many would like to work under Fulmer and learn his offense? They all want to be OC some day then HC later, much easier to do that being mentored by Urban Meyer then Phil Fulmer IMO.

I think he is using Fulmer to get more money/responsibility from Meyer, like Spence did. I will be surprised if he comes. Florida may not have used a RB this year, but I think they plan to use a single back in the future, just didn't have the right guy.

Hopefully he could help Chief and the defensive staff prepare a better gameplan for stopping the Florida offense next year.

Fulmer needs to offer him something more then a lateral move. IMO he's got a lot more job security working for Meyer, then perennial hot seat candidate Fulmer. Either more money, responsibility, etc.

This makes me think Fulmer has a lot more security with the powers that be than people realize. Otherwise, Drayton would be crazy to leave UF for the same job here.

Drayton may be a good recruiter, but I can't recall a Florida running back impressing me since Ciatrick Fason. That's been a long time; definitely before Drayson arrived.

It could just be the system that's holding the RBs back. However, Kestahn Moore fumbles an awful lot. That comes back to Drayton.

This makes me think Fulmer has a lot more security with the powers that be than people realize. Otherwise, Drayton would be crazy to leave UF for the same job here.

Who would want to work for a cry baby. CUB shouldn't have acted like an idiot when they lost there Bowl game. Drayton wants to show his coaching skills and he hasn't been able to do that. Plus i think him and Clawson coached a villanova together....

Better than Roper

Beat me to it.

Think about this. Is it possible that Clawson has already agreed to be the guy?

The word is that Drayton is a done deal. Clawson and Drayton were together at Villanova. Maybe Clawson is pulling the strings from behind the scenes on this one. You never know.

It's the Kevin Bacon thing trying to find a link between all these guys. We already know that Bruce Warwick is linked to Drayton when they were in Green Bay. I wonder who else Warwick could have ties to. It's obvious Fulmer is listening to him.

If it's Clawson, why wait to announce? It seems like we could have gone ahead and let everyone know today.

If it's Clawson, why wait to announce? It seems like we could have gone ahead and let everyone know today.

Maybe Fulmer is sticking to his schedule and announcing tomorrow. Of course, I have no idea. I'm just throwing things out there.

maybe CPF just wants to make a big splash and announce them all together? (I have no idea)

I also bet he gets a little enjoyment that the TN media has absolutely no clue

Maybe he is waiting to get the whole staff in-house first before he announces anyone. I dont know anything either, I'm just throwing more stuff of Freaks stuff. :dance2:

VN Store

Back